All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:28 pm 

After another defeat tonight who do the fans blame for there terrible season

Post subject: Re: Who is to blame at bishops
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:42 pm 

Well there are only a few select people who make major decisions.and none of these decisions have looked to be the right one.so do I really have to spell it out?on the playing front,it’s been a disaster since before a year gone Christmas in truth.pre season was a disaster.start of the season was a disaster and ever since the team has been progressively weakened meaning the whole season has become a disaster.hope to god we stay up and don’t win that cup.this year has to be wiped from history not seen as a trophy winning success.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 pm 

mut2011 wrote:
Well there are only a few select people who make major decisions.and none of these decisions have looked to be the right one.so do I really have to spell it out?on the playing front,it’s been a disaster since before a year gone Christmas in truth.pre season was a disaster.start of the season was a disaster and ever since the team has been progressively weakened meaning the whole season has become a disaster.hope to god we stay up and don’t win that cup.this year has to be wiped from history not seen as a trophy winning success.

The signings and the money thrown at them has been ridiculous this season I do feel sorry for all Bishop fans who pay good money to watch there team home and away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:07 pm 

Was at the Consett game on Saturday and couldn't quite believe that bishops only had two subs and one of those was a keeper don't know if it is down to injuries or players not wanting to turn out to lose every game. how many subs did they have tonight?

Suppose most clubs can have this problem at some point in the season as consett have struggled at times if all injuries come at once not a lot you can do about it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:25 pm 

I think it’s fair to say, the managerial appointment back in the summer has proved to be a bad one. The results don’t lie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:13 pm 

Whoever appointed Colin Myers.

And Colin Myers.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:42 am 

President_Obama wrote:

And Colin Myers.

How was Myers kept the job so long? You’d think looking at there results and league position he’d of been gone by Christmas

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:27 am 

The buck stops with the board who do a great job until you get to the team side then it's disaster after desaster.

With one of two exceptions this is now Colin Myers Team and it's true we have had injuries but then so has everyone else.
I think our players do try hard but with all due respect to them we have let some better players leave.
Some might argue that CM did not get a pre season,but I don't buy that as he was assistant then.

A radical overhaul is needed in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:51 am 

The blame game I have read loads of people blaming the board, loads blaming the manager but I have yet to hear anyone blame the players,

Yes the board and manager will take responsibility but the players have to take a massive amount of blame as over the season they have not been good enough or if they are they are clearly not showing it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:00 am 

Surely with the set up, money they were left and supporters through the gate they have enough resource to be top 6 and that's without a sugar Daddy some clubs have in Div 1.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:06 am 

The budget they have, its criminal to even be in a relegation battle.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:48 am 

COMIC12 wrote:
Was at the Consett game on Saturday and couldn't quite believe that bishops only had two subs and one of those was a keeper don't know if it is down to injuries or players not wanting to turn out to lose every game. how many subs did they have tonight?

Suppose most clubs can have this problem at some point in the season as consett have struggled at times if all injuries come at once not a lot you can do about it.

5 subs last night.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:51 am 

Big lad wrote:
President_Obama wrote:

And Colin Myers.

How was Myers kept the job so long? You’d think looking at there results and league position he’d of been gone by Christmas

The couple of months leading up to Christmas we actually looked like we had turned the corner. However since Christmas it has been shocking mostly. Praying there is a big lift in performances in the 8 games left!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:55 am 

5 subs - Didn't do much good did it. Bishops have got to arrest the fall quickly or they will be getting their wish to leave the northern league division 1. Cannot believe a club with the budget they have are languishing in the lower reaches of Div1. Root and branch I think whether they survive or go down

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:22 pm 

thought Bishops had a strong connection with St Marys youth set up? -surely a situation where only 2 subs available would have been a good way to put some of the U18s on the bench and give them a taste of what being in the squads like?