It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:31 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: FA Vase Final 2017/18 Season
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:42 pm 

Congratulations to everyone at Stockton Town on reaching the FA Vase Final - Stockton will be playing Thatcham Town FC (Of The Uhlsport Hellenic League) on the Sunday, 20th May

Commiserations to Marske United - gutted for them

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

Post subject: Re: FA Vase Final 2017/18 Season
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:30 pm 

Best of luck to Stockton, I hope you have a fabulous day and win it too!

Phil

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:18 pm 

Well done Stockton Town. Great achievement.
Does anyone know how many of their current first team squad have come through their excellent youth set up? It would be an even greater achievement if they made it to Wembley with a good number of ex-youth team players.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:04 am 

Out of the current squad of 19 there are 11 players who came through the junior system at Stockton in some way, a few have been around since they were 7yrs old. Plus the squad is supplemented by 4/5 current Under 18 development squad players when required.

It’s the chairman's philosophy that this is a family club and he wants ithe people of Stockton to embrace it and call it their own. Having so many local lads helps that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:20 am 

Great achievement . Hope Stockton go and have a great day and fetch the vase back .

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:40 pm 

Well done Stockton great achievement, Semi Finals are special days when you win, Now to the Final.

Speaking as a South Shields supporter, Stockton supporters you are about to experiance one of those surreal days, Blink of an eye it's all over, Any advice I can give, Is to savour the whole occasion, Not just the game it's self, But everything, from the time you catch your bus, train, car, plane etc as you head to London, to the moment you arrive back home, I know finances are different for everybody, but where you can, Head down to London the day before, enjoy this once in a life time experiance, I headed down to London via Central Station Newcastle, the whole train was full of Shields supporters, Old time supporters to the newbie's, The platform was still packed with Shields supporters waiting for the next trains to London, It was a strange feeling, Yes Covent garden the Saturday night will probably go down if Shields folklore.
Match day "WOW" Walking along Wembley Way, The hairs on your neck will stand up, For those Stockton supporters who have followed your club for many years, I'll guarantee this much, When your actually in the ground you see the team youv'e supported for many a year walk on to the halo turf of Wembley, A lump in your throat will happen, and like myself a tear in the eye, Embrace your day, Like I've said it's over far to quickly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:52 am 

Brilliant post Lovenonleague its everything and more even if you do get dumped twice!!