It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:49 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NORTHERN LEAGUE
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:27 pm 

Either Stockton Town or Marske will Carry the hopes of the NE in the FA Vase final - awesome League Pyramid or not!

Post subject: Re: CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NORTHERN LEAGUE
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:52 pm 

The mentality of the northern league fans on here are pathetic (Bishop fans excluded) what difference is it from wishing Spennymoor or Gateshead well for the north east, does it have to matter if your a northern league team, we all from the north east

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:03 pm 

I personally only care about the fortunes of one north east team - Bishop Auckland. I only want Bishop Auckland FC to be successful. Simple as that really.

However I do struggle to understand why GI Jane gets so upset when his beloved 'Town' aren't included in the 'well wishing'.

P's, for me an Orient v Bromley semi final and someone other than Marske or Stockton winning the FA Vase would be a satisfactory outcome.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:28 pm 

I want all north east teams from all sports to do well, except of course nufc

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 pm 

Mike M wrote:
I personally only care about the fortunes of one north east team - Bishop Auckland. I only want Bishop Auckland FC to be successful. Simple as that really.

However I do struggle to understand why GI Jane gets so upset when his beloved 'Town' aren't included in the 'well wishing'.

P's, for me an Orient v Bromley semi final and someone other than Marske or Stockton winning the FA Vase would be a satisfactory outcome.

Actually i was sticking up for bishops, excluding them from the northern league mentality, but the mentality of the northern league posters, wishing N/L clubs well and no other north esst team if they play outside the N/L, im not bothered if they wish Spennymoor well or not, its as if, when you play outside the northern league, other teams are non existent.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:50 pm 

Gijane wrote:
Mike M wrote:

Actually i was sticking up for bishops, excluding them from the northern league mentality, but the mentality of the northern league posters, wishing N/L clubs well and no other north esst team if they play outside the N/L, im not bothered if they wish Spennymoor well or not, its as if, when you play outside the northern league, other teams are non existent.

It's a Northern League Forum, what are you expecting from it?

Why do you expect to see lots of conversations on here about NE teams in other leagues, I don't get it. Maybe as promotion is enforced the NL posters may look further up the pyramid but generally they want to talk about NL teams and not other teams in other leagues.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:04 pm 

Mike M wrote:

I’m the same , I’m not that bothered about other teams doing well , apart from I keep an eye on Ashington as I was born there.

Ive never even watched another Northern League game not featuring Northallerton.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:46 pm 

Booom!finally someone whose not from bishop with a bit of sense!got to admit though I’d like to see gateshead do well.away from our games they were actually allies of ours in the 90s because of big andy watching both teams.been many a time they’ve been to our games and join the bishop support.only other north eastern non league club I’ve ever had any time for

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:04 pm 

At this level of football you speak to other people at other clubs and appreciate the effort that they put in, from players to groundsmand and chairman etc

So when you see other clubs being successful, many people like to wish them well

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:51 am 

There's absolutely nothing wrong with wishing other clubs in the northern league well. There's nothing wrong with wanting all clubs in the north east well either.

The only thing that has puzzled me over the years is the fact that fans who only have eyes for their own club get accused of being petty when they don't join in. If Bishop fans, Northallerton fans (singled out as they have posted on this thread) or whoever want to just support their own club or shout for their rivals opposition they have that right.

To me that's more natural in football anyway. The idea that clubs are "doing it for the league" seems to be, in my opinion, something that sums up the Northern league specifically.

As a long term ground hopper (admittedly with a Bishop bias) I do want all North East clubs to do well, but I love it more on here when the social niceties are dropped and club rivals get the banter going. The problem is that the banter becomes petty very quickly and something that should be fun becomes nasty and mean spirited.

Good luck to both clubs.........who happen to play in the Northern League :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:08 pm 
Site Admin

super_les wrote:

Why do you expect to see lots of conversations on here about NE teams in other leagues, I don't get it. Maybe as promotion is enforced the NL posters may look further up the pyramid but generally they want to talk about NL teams and not other teams in other leagues.

And that’s the point!

If fans of Northern League clubs wish to congratulate, or otherwise, other Northern League clubs on their achievements, that’s fine.

If fans from clubs outside the Northern League wish to comment, that’s also fine. But to visit the Northern League forum just to troll about their ( no longer in the Northern League ) club, that’s just trolling in my book.

There are forums for clubs in the Evostik , the Conference and so on. For cross - league posts, why not use the general forum?

This is NOT a forum for north east football.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:42 pm 

As we travel around the grounds we create little relationships with the tea huts and dog owners of various clubs, their faces giving their clubs a human face who we can identify and wish well. So good luck to Marske and Stockton (and to Spennymoor on their travels - I've no link with Gateshead so sorry don't care). Oh and good luck to England in Russia in the summer (my team isn't there and I know a few englishmen on here and elsewhere).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:47 pm 

AllyGB wrote:
super_les wrote:

And that’s the point!

If fans of Northern League clubs wish to congratulate, or otherwise, other Northern League clubs on their achievements, that’s fine.

If fans from clubs outside the Northern League wish to comment, that’s also fine. But to visit the Northern League forum just to troll about their ( no longer in the Northern League ) club, that’s just trolling in my book.

There are forums for clubs in the Evostik , the Conference and so on. For cross - league posts, why not use the general forum?

This is NOT a forum for north east football.

Think that's why the forum is slightly losing it's appeal, Totally understand this is a Northern League forum, However as long as this doesn't become a slanging match, My clubs bigger than yours attitude etc, I personally enjoy listening to peoples comments from outside the Northern League, I.e Spennymoor, Blyth, Darlington, South Shields & Gateshead supporters, Especially from next season when the likes of Morpeth could be moving on to pastures new??, Hey but this is just my thoughts, I honestly do believe the Northern League is a great read, Just moving forward maybe just allow those clubs mentioned to be involved.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

The Admins have no problems with posts from outside the Northern League, but posts about Club XYZ , who happen to play in another League, are not for here.

It could be argued, that the off topic posts from supporters of teams outside the Northern League is the reason that people are put off this particular forum.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 pm 

Gijane wrote:
The mentality of the northern league fans on here are pathetic (Bishop fans excluded) what difference is it from wishing Spennymoor or Gateshead well for the north east, does it have to matter if your a northern league team, we all from the north east

I love to see all NE teams do well but you missing the point GiJane, the Northern League have a member club in the FA Vase Final for the 10th season running, don’t tell me that you and some of these other shallow minded posters on here cannot see that as an accolade to be proud of.
Some of the posts on this thread are ridden with jealousy, your not sports, your nuts. So I repeat WELL DONE TO ALL CONCERNED WITH THE NORTHERN LEAGUE and good luck to Spenny, The Heed and all NE Teams - or and Bishop ffs.