It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:01 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FA REJECTS EBAC NORTHERN LEAGUE APPEAL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:47 am 

I wonder if Morpeth are aiming for 3rd place or worse?[/quote]

I wonder which village is missing you.[/quote]

Why do you think it’s okay to insult me?
I asked a question that’s been raised on many occasions!!! Will Morpeth throw the league, to avoid being promoted?
Instead of making crass comments, why don’t you actually respond in a civil way???[/quote]

You are accusing a club or at the very least suggesting a club, will actually throw games, match fix, cheat, whatever you want to call it and it’s an absolute outrage that you think that is ok! Personally I’d rather be called an idiot than a cheat, you are an idiot if you think a group of lads go out and run around on a Saturday and midweek, training in between, travelling all over the place, giving anything less than 100%, so yes, idiot seems fair enough to me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:54 am 

South shields fan trev. Your getting like other shields fans. Berating other clubs slagging other grounds blaming referees for not winning saying other clubs pitches arent good enough. Now saying teams are chucking games to not gain promotion. Nasty bunch. Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 am 

There's no chance Morpeth, or anybody else for that matter, will be throwing games. Can't get a bunch of lads on a Saturday to do that even if they wanted to surely?

It's far more likely that the matters off the pitch are affecting everybody. As we know, if you're not 100% focused you get beaten. Simple as that!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:28 am 

Simba wrote:
There's no chance Morpeth, or anybody else for that matter, will be throwing games. Can't get a bunch of lads on a Saturday to do that even if they wanted to surely?

It's far more likely that the matters off the pitch are affecting everybody. As we know, if you're not 100% focused you get beaten. Simple as that!

Or just had a bit of poor form, coinciding with injuries (Liam Henderson started centre half last week) and finishing last Saturday with 9 men.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:35 pm 

allets2010 wrote:
I wonder if Morpeth are aiming for 3rd place or worse?

I wonder which village is missing you.[/quote]

Why do you think it’s okay to insult me?
I asked a question that’s been raised on many occasions!!! Will Morpeth throw the league, to avoid being promoted?
Instead of making crass comments, why don’t you actually respond in a civil way???[/quote]

You are accusing a club or at the very least suggesting a club, will actually throw games, match fix, cheat, whatever you want to call it and it’s an absolute outrage that you think that is ok! Personally I’d rather be called an idiot than a cheat, you are an idiot if you think a group of lads go out and run around on a Saturday and midweek, training in between, travelling all over the place, giving anything less than 100%, so yes, idiot seems fair enough to me.[/quote]

I never mentioned that the lads would throw the league! I asked whether the club would!
This could be done in many ways & releasing half the squad, is one way(for example)!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:34 pm 

All that happened to Morpeth on Wednesday night was that liked other teams before them this season, they simply got "BRAYED!"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:35 pm 

the little fella wrote:
All that happened to Morpeth on Wednesday night was that liked other teams before them this season, they simply got "BRAYED!"

Correct!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:51 pm 

I have heard and read speculation that certain clubs would try to "throw" matches to avoid finishing in a position which would bring promotion. I can't and don't believe it would happen. That would involve the players in collusion. The vast majority of footballers take pride in their ability and their application of it and I don't think they would play badly just to please their club. If players want to stay in the Northern League rather than play at a higher level, it is far easier for them to do than it is for the clubs, they just have to find another club next season. Except for contracted players, a player's connection to his club is only for one season at a time and he becomes a "free agent" once the season is over.

Or am I being too credulous?

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:24 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
I have heard and read speculation that certain clubs would try to "throw" matches to avoid finishing in a position which would bring promotion. I can't and don't believe it would happen. That would involve the players in collusion. The vast majority of footballers take pride in their ability and their application of it and I don't think they would play badly just to please their club. If players want to stay in the Northern League rather than play at a higher level, it is far easier for them to do than it is for the clubs, they just have to find another club next season. Except for contracted players, a player's connection to his club is only for one season at a time and he becomes a "free agent" once the season is over.

No Keith, you're just applying common sense mate, something sadly lacking in some posters on this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:58 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:

I never even mentioned, players being in collusion to throw games. I’m not accusing anyone of cheating, in any way, shape or form! A team can release all there non-contracted players & drop the contracted ones. Basically just put out a ‘B’ team & that might be enough for North Shields or West Auckland to catch them. Especially if one of those two sides have an unbeaten run to the end of the season. If Morpeth are caught & end up 3rd, there will be a lot of suspicion cast towards them. Personally I hope they win the league & state they’re happy to go up!

Last edited by Windy1970 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:08 pm 

Crumbs . Is that what Morpeth have done.... poor show if so.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:31 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
el Queso Grande wrote:

I never even mentioned players in collusion to throw games. I’m not accusing anyone of cheating, in any way, shape or form! A team can release all there non-contracted players & drop the contracted ones. Basically just put out a ‘B’ team & that might be enough for North Shields or West Auckland to catch them. Especially if one of those two sides have an unbeaten run to the end of the season. If Morpeth are caught & end up 3rd, there will be a lot of suspicion cast towards them. Personally I hope they win the league & state they’re happy to go up!

Windy, my post wasn't directed at you in particular. After Benfield's victory on Wednesday I received several texts propounding the match-fixing theory. I disregarded them as I think that if it was going to happen at all, it would need to have been started a lot earlier in the season, before anyone built up an almost insurmountable lead.

Though interested, I am not worried about who does or doesn't want promotion. I have been a Northern League supporter for nigh on twenty years and will continue to be. I haven't supported just a single club for the last thirteen years, although I do tend to watch the clubs nearest to my home, these days.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:39 pm 

one thing nigh on certain...a team beginning with.M. will win the league.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:57 pm 

If Morpeth finish 3rd, then Nicky Gray needs sacked for failing with that team! :D

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:23 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
el Queso Grande wrote:

I never even mentioned players in collusion to throw games. I’m not accusing anyone of cheating, in any way, shape or form! A team can release all there non-contracted players & drop the contracted ones. Basically just put out a ‘B’ team & that might be enough for North Shields or West Auckland to catch them. Especially if one of those two sides have an unbeaten run to the end of the season. If Morpeth are caught & end up 3rd, there will be a lot of suspicion cast towards them. Personally I hope they win the league & state they’re happy to go up!

Windy, my post wasn't directed at you in particular. After Benfield's victory on Wednesday I received several texts propounding the match-fixing theory. I disregarded them as I think that if it was going to happen at all, it would need to have been started a lot earlier in the season, before anyone built up an almost insurmountable lead.

Though interested, I am not worried about who does or doesn't want promotion. I have been a Northern League supporter for nigh on twenty years and will continue to be. I haven't supported just a single club for the last thirteen years, although I do tend to watch the clubs nearest to my home, these days.

Today’s Mike Amos blog, mentions talk of the NL leaving the National League System. Mike said it’d be suicide!
https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next