It is currently Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:47 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FA REJECTS EBAC NORTHERN LEAGUE APPEAL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:52 pm 

Wack wrote:
Ive always respected Mike Amos, and I am very fond of him, but he is a million miles out with his blog in my opinion. He forgets that new teams are forming, competing and progressing all the time. The amount of Clubs entering the FA Cup for example is a record high, and now entry is limited to only the top 5/6 in Div 2, up until 7 or 8 years ago everyone in Div 2 qualified.

Mike notes

It means that, over the next few years, most of the supposed “big” clubs will leave the league – in most cases not because they want to, or because it would be beneficial for them, but because the bully boys will relegate them if they’re in a top two position and decline promotion

The League isn't ran for the benefit of the big clubs, its there for all clubs, and extortionate wages is actually ruining it for the majority. Mikes a great journalist but I'm a little less sure of his economics on this issue.

Why should so called big club stay in the same league dominating the top end of the table and the Vase opportunities just because they don't want to take the same challenges clubs all over the country are taking by stepping up to the next level. I don't understand Mike's thought process here.

The rules which many clubs hid behind which stated they didn't have to apply have now changed to now they have to take promotion, so they should continue following the rules and challenge themselves up the pyramid. They never know they might like the new challenges once they accept it and the other clubs left behind might gradually get more opportunities to be challenging themselves.

Only other thing I would say is Worcestor and Worksop both dropped from a higher level to drop to around Step 5 because they didn't want to continue at Step 2 and 3 I believe, is this still possible.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:28 pm 

Yes, another 30 page thread about promotion :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:42 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
footyfan1 wrote:

It's a current and hot topic, so why not. After years of inactivity and largely pure speculation, things at our level in the pyramid are about to undergo fundamental change.

What would you like to talk about?

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:47 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

It's a current and hot topic, so why not. After years of inactivity and largely pure speculation, things at our level in the pyramid are about to undergo fundamental change.

How many threads get turned into a debate on promotion???? Pretty much every single 1. Its got that bad, teams are being accused of not trying anymore not to be promoted.... People wonder why nobody bothers much with NLZ now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:12 pm 

Forgive my ignorance, but what happens if the promotion winning teams just refuse to make the necessary ground improvements? Will they just be bumped back down to the Northern League?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:29 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

It's a current and hot topic, soNorthern. Years of inactivity and largely pure speculation, things at our level in the pyramid are about to undergo fundamental change.

How many threads get turned into a debate on promotion???? Pretty much every single 1. Its got that bad, teams are being accused of not trying anymore not to be promoted.... People wonder why nobody bothers much with NLZ now.

You're being too simplistic. It wasn't just about promotion. It was also about power and control of running leagues within the North/North East region. If the Northern League won their appeal they would have had more power and control as they would have been running a Step 4 League next season. Or didn't you realise that?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:43 pm 

jay74 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what happens if the promotion winning teams just refuse to make the necessary improvements? Will they just be bumped back down to the Northern League?

I think the FA will most likely give clubs 2 years to get grounds up to standard. I also think they will be less than lenient with clubs who make no attempt to bring grounds up to sthe dark they could simply downgrade Step 4 criteria to as near as possible as the Step 5 criteria. Either way I don't think the FA will be wanting to relegate teams that have been promoted due to the relaxation of the rules they made.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:44 pm 

jay74 wrote:
Forgive my ignorance, but what happens if the promotion winning teams just refuse to make the necessary ground improvements? Will they just be bumped back down to the Northern League?

I’m led to believe they will have a period of grace and if not met by then they will face relegation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:54 pm 

jay74 wrote:

The F.A. hasn’t actually stipulated what they’re going to do. Or if a team asks for voluntary relegation at the end of a season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:44 pm 

"Clubs are going to go to the wall" Blah blah ...Be lighting candles next..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Terrierdave wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

Footyfan1, people don't bother with NLZ now due to posters like you who quite frankly contribute.....Nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:36 pm 

Imagine trying to stop the northern league teams dominating the vase and marske and stockton get to the final and neither finish top 2!

Personally think marske will win the league now though, morpeth’s ar&es have well and truly dropped!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:02 pm 

paxton1410 wrote:
Imagine trying to stop the northern league teams dominating the vase and marske and stockton get to the final and neither finish top 2!

Personally think marske will win the league now though, morpeth’s ar&es have well and truly dropped!!

I wonder if Morpeth are aiming for 3rd place or worse?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:17 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
paxton1410 wrote:

I wonder which village is missing you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:20 am 

allets2010 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
paxton1410 wrote:

I wonder which village is missing you.

Why do you think it’s okay to insult me?
I asked a question that’s been raised on many occasions!!! Will Morpeth throw the league, to avoid being promoted?
Instead of making crass comments, why don’t you actually respond in a civil way???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next