It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: FA REJECTS EBAC NORTHERN LEAGUE APPEAL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:21 am 

The Football Association has rejected an appeal by the Ebac Northern League to re-adjust its position in the National League System.

League chairman Glenn Youngman said: “It’s disappointing that the FA rejected our appeal. The league management committee will discuss the decision when it meets next Thursday.”

Post subject: Re: FA REJECTS EBAC NORTHERN LEAGUE APPEAL
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
It can discuss all it wants, they are either in the pyramid or they aren't. Reading Mike latest blog I don't think it is particularly helpful (we've always disagreed on the restructuring issue)

He did take a lot of criticism on his attitude during his tenure, but the issues predate even this, had the NL been a supportive participant from the outset of the creation of the pyramid, then the League (and its constituent clubs) would be in a much healthier position than they are now.

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:51 am 

The FA are keen to go to 1-2-4-8-16, but the new league (when it happens) is more likely to be administered by the Evo-Stik League surely.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:06 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
That's what you would think, the NL had its chance(s) over the years to play that role, that time is gone now

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:13 am 

I agree, previous years of clubs not even considering promotion has forced the hand of the FA.
The NL needs to decide if it truly wants to be part of the pyramid system, which will require clubs accepting promotiom.

To many clubs (and I don’t need to name) spend fortunes on playing staff with no planning for promotion. Spending £200-300 per week on one player, at this level, and not wanting to progress?? Doesn’t make sense.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:43 am 

Agreed, kind of feel for the current custodians of the NL as they were let down by their 60s/70s predecessors.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:55 am 

Tmason wrote:
I agree, previous years of clubs not even considering promotion has forced the hand of the FA.
The NL needs to decide if it truly wants to be part of the pyramid system, which will require clubs accepting promotiom.

To many clubs (and I don’t need to name) spend fortunes on playing staff with no planning for promotion. Spending £200-300 per week on one player, at this level, and not wanting to progress?? Doesn’t make sense.

Spot on there

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 am 

I can see a lot of litigation coming up from clubs forced into promotion and teams releagted from Div 1 and Div 2.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:18 pm 

yakka1 wrote:
I can see a lot of litigation coming up from clubs forced into promotion and teams releagted from Div 1 and Div 2.

Why? Rules are rules. The clubs who don't like it should find another league to play in. They aren't forced into this league.

The FA should request legal costs from the NL for the spurious appeal :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:41 pm 

yakka1 wrote:

On what basis? The leagues & clubs accepted compulsory promotion at the start of the season!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:08 pm 

Litigation costs money. Lots and lots of money. So there won't be any litigation. Plus you have to have grounds for litigation and there aren't any here for a club to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:27 pm 

All this discussion is the result of heads being buried in the sand for nigh on 40 years from the start of the old GOLA/ALLIANCE league ( now the National League ). The NL were asked to be a direct feeder into that league along with the Isthmian and the Northern and Southern Premier Leagues and decided not to take the option. The consequence of this has been a severe slide down the pecking order to where we are now and this was certainly exacerbated during the tenure of Mike Amos.
we are now reaping what several in the past have sown. :|

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:41 pm 

Looking forward to NE non-league being given a new lease of life in the coming years as more clubs make the step up. From a relatively young NL-follower's point of view I think being part of the pyramid will make the Northern League a lot more appealing (even if the quality dips over time) and help get 'the next generation' more interested.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:36 pm 

I personally think this will make for a very, very interesting summer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:48 pm 

Ive always respected Mike Amos, and I am very fond of him, but he is a million miles out with his blog in my opinion. He forgets that new teams are forming, competing and progressing all the time. The amount of Clubs entering the FA Cup for example is a record high, and now entry is limited to only the top 5/6 in Div 2, up until 7 or 8 years ago everyone in Div 2 qualified.

Mike notes

It means that, over the next few years, most of the supposed “big” clubs will leave the league – in most cases not because they want to, or because it would be beneficial for them, but because the bully boys will relegate them if they’re in a top two position and decline promotion

The League isn't ran for the benefit of the big clubs, its there for all clubs, and extortionate wages is actually ruining it for the majority. Mikes a great journalist but I'm a little less sure of his economics on this issue.