It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:30 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Whitley Bay FC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 10:55 am 

Yeah, I was trying to think positive but being honest I can't see what could realistically happen to remove the cloud over Hillheads.

Still torn on whether to go along today - lads and temporary management deserve support but I'm beyond dismayed by the direction of the club currently.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:19 pm 

RyanS732 wrote:
Yeah, I was trying to think positive but being honest I can't see what could realistically happen to remove the cloud over Hillheads.

Still torn on whether to go along today - lads and temporary management deserve support but I'm beyond dismayed by the direction of the club currently.

I’m going along to Hillheads today to support the team but agree with Tayls88 that it will take a lot from the Board to get the fans ( including the volunteers) back onside

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:56 pm 

I wouldn’t expect a mass exodus to North Shields, they’ve got quite a good team already , I think at most maybe one or two.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:38 pm 

I don't necessarily think we'll lose more than a couple to Shields directly but a lot of the squad were Nashy's lads so wouldn't be surprised if they weren't around much longer.

Scotty Jasper back from his loan at Ryton & available for today is good news at least. Michael Bell also back with the club.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 pm 

The goalkeeper may move to Shields ?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:34 pm 

The silence from the club has been broken:

Quote:

Message from the Chairman

In today’s match programme, Club Chairman Paul McIlduff explained the circumstances surrounding the departure of Whitley’s management team earlier in the week.
His message is reproduced below:
“It is with much disappointment to me personally, and I am sure to many of our fans, that Marc, Woody and Chris have left the Bay and joined our neighbours North Shields.
Their move was prompted by the resignation of North Shields manager Brian Smith on Monday. Despite long discussions with Derek Breakwell and myself to persuade them otherwise, they decided to leave the club on Tuesday evening.
As Chairman of the whole of Whitley Bay Football Club, I have worked with Marc over an eight year period and he has helped me immensely in bringing to life the vision and reality of a continuous path of football progression from our Junior section through the Reserves and into the First Team squad, a vision and progression that has been a great success and one which very few other Northern League clubs possess.
With the help of our Junior coaches, Rob Atkin and our Junior development coaches, along with Gavin Hattrick and Neil Cooper from our Reserves management team, this vision and progression will continue to grow and support our First Team squad.
In the short term, Gavin Hattrick and Gareth Williams (Cheeks) will take charge of the First Team squad today, while the process to find a new First Team manager has begun
As of Wednesday night (the cut-off deadline for production of this programme) I had received 12 applications for the Team Manager’s position; a measure of the high regard and esteem that the Whitley Bay Manager position is held within non-league football.
Whoever is appointed to the new manager’s role, the board will ensure they continue the rebuilding process, bringing a balanced blend of physicality and experience to the squad, while nurturing and developing the talented group of players that we currently have in our First Team squad.
As Chairman of 17 years I would ask you to support the team, the club and the new manager in their efforts to play attractive and expansive football, the style of football that Whitley Bay Football Club is known for.
Finally I would like to congratulate and wish Alex Kempster every success in his new full time professional career. Alex has been a great role model for the club and testament to our football pathway. Truly a player who played for “the Whitley Bay shirt”.
Congratulations to Gavin Hattrick, Neil Cooper and the Reserves team squad on reaching the final of the NFA Benevolent Bowl. Also congratulations to John Hutchison and his Learning Disability team for winning the Northumberland FA Peoples Cup at the weekend.”

General consensus seems to be that he's said a lot without really saying anything.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:36 pm 

Where has Kempster gone to?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:58 pm 

Mike M wrote:
Where has Kempster gone to?

signed for York city.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:41 pm 

RyanS732 wrote:

Quote:

General consensus seems to be that he's said a lot without really saying anything.

How many people constituted your consensus?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:53 pm 

I couldn't get on Saturday, family occasion, so thank you for putting this up. So as a club were going to grow our own players, be a club which provides football opportunities across the age ranges and primarily have a first team which is fed into from below and provides an ultimate destination for players in the system.
As an aim do you not think that's quite admirable, the function of the club is not just the first team. So i surmise that for the board success is measured as a whole, by the number of people playing football and involved in the club as a wider community. However I can see that to the terrace supporter on a Saturday success and failure is dependent on where we are in he league and far we progress in the cups.
Incidentally the emphasis on Alex Kempsters loyalty was interesting, but then I quite enjoy politics so I'm probably reading too much into that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:24 pm 

Julian wrote:
RyanS732 wrote:

Quote:

How many people constituted your consensus?

I'm going off the responses on Twitter:

Quote:

Why did Marc Nash leave the club? . He managed a team with a 6th top finish, currently 7th before today. Best looking we've looked for years. Howay let's have the truth.!!!

Quote:

I thought it was an interesting statement that said a lot but told us nothing.

Quote:

It was a statement of which Mike Ashley would have been proud. Lots of words but says nothing. What about underlying problems re the pitch which I suspect was one of the main reasons for Nashy leaving?

Quote:

Should be him resigning! What a useless statement.

Five similar comments made on Facebook too. It may only be 9 or so people who have given their opinion on it, but 100% of those are negative, constituting my consensus.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:37 pm 

Incase Bay fans don't follow him on Twitter, Kyle Patton has left the club.

https://twitter.com/KylePatton9/status/ ... 06275?s=19

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:22 pm 

RyanS732 wrote:
Incase Bay fans don't follow him on Twitter, Kyle Patton has left the club.

https://twitter.com/KylePatton9/status/ ... 06275?s=19

Does anyone know which club he has joined?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:19 pm 

Gone to Shildon. Just announced on club's social media.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 am 

Quite surprised by that move, not that he's left, but that he's gone to Shildon. I never thought he really made the breakthrough at Whitley that his talent suggested, in and out of the team. So to go to Shildon I wonder whether he's going to be a regular, has Shildon seen something they can work with differently to get more consistency out of him.
As an aside, what on earth has happened to the website, it used to be the best in the league I thought then it went downhill as they made it mobile friendly. I knew that the forum was a sad reflection of the past one (I tried to rejoin after the changes but gave up), but there's not even a fixture/results list on there anymore. Plenty of adverts though.