All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Football in Billingham
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:20 pm 

england wrote:
england wrote:
Neil M wrote:
[="Wack"]Was at Billingham last week , pitch is fantastic, and they had a fairly decent vocal support. Surely makes sense to merge both teams for the good of football in Billingham. I noticed the TV sets had gone, there was no hot food , and they were selling Coors at £2 a pint which doesn’t make business sense , it will nearly cost that to buy in. Always had a soft spot for Billy Town , great set up so I hope everything goes well

The beer being sold at £2 a pint was due to the barrel coming towards its best before date and so the club were trying to flog it.

That says something itself

Yes, it does, it says that,
The beer being sold at £2 a pint was due to the barrel coming towards its best before date and so the club were trying to flog it.

That’s not the only thing it says[/quote]

Well can you allude to what you know then, obviously, being either a bar manager, cellar man or committee member or are you perhaps, just trying to throw a bit of fuel on the fire?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Well attended EGM today with a new committee voted in. Tough couple of months ahead but things looking very positive.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 pm 

Glad to see Baz back.... without him....it's like a ship without an anchor... club is back in good hands...

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:56 am 

england wrote:
england wrote:
Neil M wrote:
[="Wack"]Was at Billingham last week , pitch is fantastic, and they had a fairly decent vocal support. Surely makes sense to merge both teams for the good of football in Billingham. I noticed the TV sets had gone, there was no hot food , and they were selling Coors at £2 a pint which doesn’t make business sense , it will nearly cost that to buy in. Always had a soft spot for Billy Town , great set up so I hope everything goes well

That’s not the only thing it says[/quote]

Well can you allude to what you know then, obviously, being either a bar manager, cellar man or committee member or are you perhaps, just trying to throw a bit of fuel on the fire?[/quote]

I’m not trying to fuel anything, I wish them all the luck in the world, both billingham clubs have got some great people involved and they have always been very welcoming.
But yes I’ve been a bar manager, cellar man and committee member, and if a keg of beer is getting to be out of date then it paints its own picture.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:44 am 

What picture does it paint. The punters just haven't bought enough. Selling cheap beer is hardly a sign the clubs in meltdown.

Good luck to Billingham Town but not sure a joint Billingham side is on the cards though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:30 am 

ressly pest wrote:
What picture does it paint. The punters just haven't bought enough. Selling cheap beer is hardly a sign the clubs in meltdown.

Good luck to Billingham Town but not sure a joint Billingham side is on the cards though.

Exactly Ressly..... Jeez talk about making mountains out of molehills.. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:34 am 

england wrote:
="england"]
england wrote:
Neil M wrote:

That’s not the only thing it says

Well can you allude to what you know then, obviously, being either a bar manager, cellar man or committee member or are you perhaps, just trying to throw a bit of fuel on the fire?[/quote]

I’m not trying to fuel anything, I wish them all the luck in the world, both billingham clubs have got some great people involved and they have always been very welcoming.
But yes I’ve been a bar manager, cellar man and committee member, and if a keg of beer is getting to be out of date then it paints its own picture.[/quote]

Perhaps they bought it in and the punters didn't like it, perhaps there were cheaper drinks on offer, perhaps, "IF" my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:56 am 

Carling would be the best seller in the bar, it would have a sell-by date of 6 to 8 weeks, it contains 88 pints, so if you can't sell 88 pints in 6 to 8 weeks, the bar would be losing a lot of money

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:52 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Still Learning. wrote:
Perhaps they bought it in and the punters didn't like it, perhaps there were cheaper drinks on offer, perhaps, "IF" my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle....

:lol:

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:00 am 

ressly pest wrote:

It paints the picture that there isn’t much trade in the place!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:01 am 

Gijane wrote:
Carling would be the best seller in the bar, it would have a sell-by date of 6 to 8 weeks, it contains 88 pints, so if you can't sell 88 pints in 6 to 8 weeks, the bar would be losing a lot of money

Thank you, that’s the point I was making.

No gripes at all and no mountains out of molehills, just simple facts

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:41 pm 

the simple fact is England you would start an argument in a telephone box with just you in it!!

Every time a club has a problem you rear that ugly head of yours.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:43 pm 

england wrote:
Gijane wrote:

Thank you, that’s the point I was making.

No gripes at all and no mountains out of molehills, just simple facts

But you haven't stated any "facts" England, just merely your thoughts and conjecture, I have no doubt you have all NL football close to your heart because usually you are knowledgeable and talk sense, but on this occasion you are expressing an opinion, which could be right, or could be wrong, but the "fact" that a club official has stated on here the real reason is good enough for me, and, by the way, probably most others. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:51 pm 

Quote:
Quote removed by admin - please visit link if you wish to see the statement

http://billinghamtownfc.net/news.html

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:09 pm 

Great post off the new chairmen but all that positive talk and never once explained why the beer was £2 a pint. How dare he!

Again good luck to Billy Town seems like they've a challenge on their hands.