It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:14 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Washington vs Bishop Auckland
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:36 am 

Terrierdave wrote:
I'm certain that the sanctions on any team found deliberately throwing games (regardless of the reasons) will be severe and final. And deserved.

Ridiculous accusation

I know there's not much Love between my club South Shields and Morpeth, But lets give Morpeth some respect here, They will not be throwing any games, and they have zero intentions too either, The fallout if they did would be massive, To the point it would probably finish off the club, No manager, No Player, No Supporter would want this to happen, It would be far better for whichever club that wins the NL (Probably Morpeth) to fight their case than to be seen to have thrown the league, What happens come June time, we will just have to wait and see, But I know this much neither Morpeth or Marske will throw games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:36 pm 

To insinuate that Morpeth or any team in football throws games deliberately is absolutely ridiculous and clearly someone just wanting to start an argument.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:03 am 

Hold on a minute,let’s get this straight.i have not suggested for one second that any of the 2 teams mentioned here will be throwing games.i said marske will eventually drop points because of fixture congestion in response to someone mentioning them and I said there was rumour Morpeth are flat out refusing to go up.that is rumour only......I never for one moment suggested they’re throwing games.however do I think some will not be giving less then 100 percent everyweek so that they can’t get into promotion race,then yes I do believe very much that will be the case

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:35 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
mut2011 wrote:
Hold on a minute,let’s get this straight.i have not suggested for one second that any of the 2 teams mentioned here will be throwing games.i said marske will eventually drop points because of fixture congestion in response to someone mentioning them and I said there was rumour Morpeth are flat out refusing to go up.that is rumour only......I never for one moment suggested they’re throwing games.however do I think some will not be giving less then 100 percent everyweek so that they can’t get into promotion race,then yes I do believe very much that will be the case

So which teams DO you think "are purposely dropping points"?

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 am 

Couldn’t tell you,but it’s common sense a lot won’t,or at some stage of the season wouldn’t of been giving 100 per cent just to make sure.its a different thing altogether,between being Morpeth who don’t want to go up but head and shoulders above anyone else so are going out to win league,or other clubs who just don’t want to go up and there season is over one there out of the fa vase.......on the other hand my own club are desperate to go up but still need results to stay up!