It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Washington vs Bishop Auckland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:40 am 

I managed to catch up with Bishop manager Colin Myers this morning, here's what he had to say;

Any team news for today's game ?
Unfortunately we are down to the bare bones due to injuries.

What has the mood been like in training this week?
The players are in a determined mood after watching the full 90 minutes of the Shildon game again on Monday they are all aware a performance like that shouldn't be happening, they did not follow the instructions given and failed to implement what we had been working on in training

What are you expecting from the team on Sat?
I expect to see a massive reaction. We let our fans down badly in the Shildon game and the players to a man recognised that this week and are looking to put it right starting Saturday.

What do you think Wilf Dinsdale will bring to the team ?
Losing Tommy Marron through was a huge blow to us and the timing was terrible. Wilf is a similar player to Tommy and will hopefully plug the gaping hole we have had in midfield since Tommy’s injury.

Can we expect more arrivals ?
There will hopefully be a couple of high profile signings next week that will improve the squad not only for the remainder of this but also next season.

Post subject: Re: Washington vs Bishop Auckland
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:48 pm 

Washington 1 - Bishop Auckland 4

Bishop played well and battled hard the best team ran out victorious in the end and possibly could have added more their tally.

Pick of the goals was bishops second from Shaun Ryder a great curling effort from 25 yards

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:04 pm 

Very poor washington side saying that can not fault the effort of our players Ryder again outstanding and a cracking goal.
No protection from the ref and looked like we picked up some more knocks.
Next up Morpeth!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 pm 

Washington’s last 10 results

Lost 9
Drew 1
Won. 0

Goals for 10
Goals against 35

It’s not looking good for them, I would say that’s the bottom two sorted, the 5 or 6 teams above them will be nervously looking over their shoulders, there are some tough run ins for the teams down there.39 points is the magic number for safety going off previous seasons, unless of course only 1 northern league team goes up, then it’s the bottom 4 that go down. It promises to be an interesting few weeks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:53 pm 

Heard Dinsdale looked good on his debut.

Needed to win today and sounds like a poor Washington side were comfortably overcome.

See Morpeth lost today v Aycliffe, big suprise and no doubt they will be on the ball next week.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:03 pm 

footie fan wrote:

Lost 9
Drew 1
Won. 0

Goals for 10
Goals against 35

It’s not looking good for them, I would say that’s the bottom two sorted, the 5 or 6 teams above them will be nervously looking over their shoulders, there are some tough run ins for the teams down there.39 points is the magic number for safety going off previous seasons, unless of course only 1 northern league team goes up, then it’s the bottom 4 that go down. It promises to be an interesting few weeks

Bit unfair on the team who comes 4th bottom?if a team refuses to go up,relegate them instead!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:44 am 

mut2011 wrote:
footie fan wrote:

Lost 9
Drew 1
Won. 0

Goals for 10
Goals against 35

Bit unfair on the team who comes 4th bottom?if a team refuses to go up,relegate them instead!

Its not a case of not wanting to go up but only the 12 best second placed teams go up

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:43 am 

The rules are nuts though. A team finishing 4th bottom has no idea if they'll be relegated or not until the FA get their Abacus out and work out if the NL 2nd placed club has qualified using a points per game ratio.

Morpeth would have to capitulate, or Marske have an amazing end to the season whilst still in the Vase for Morpeth not to finish top and it'll be interesting to see how keen they are to get promoted even though the rules say they have no choice.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:48 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
The rules are nuts though. A team finishing 4th bottom has no idea if they'll be relegated or not until the FA get their Abacus out and work out if the NL 2nd placed club has qualified using a points per game ratio.

Morpeth would have to capitulate, or Marske have an amazing end to the season whilst still in the Vase for Morpeth not to finish top and it'll be interesting to see how keen they are to get promoted even though the rules say they have no choice.

Which is exactly my point.think some teams are purposely dropping points and rumour has it Morpeth are going to flatly refuse to play in league if promoted.if that ends up the case then why on earth should 4th bottom be relegated,and I’m not just saying this because my own club is in a pickle.can see many a lawsuit coming up very soon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:41 pm 

mut2011 wrote:
ressly pest wrote:

Which is exactly my point.think some teams are purposely dropping points and rumour has it Morpeth are going to flatly refuse to play in league if promoted.if that ends up the case then why on earth should 4th bottom be relegated,and I’m not just saying this because my own club is in a pickle.can see many a lawsuit coming up very soon

Marske have only dropped 11points, Morpeth 17points all season are you seriously suggesting they are purposely dropping points?? Shildon & West have arguably underachieved but I think anyone suggesting teams are actually throwing games is disrespectful and just ridiculous.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:54 pm 

I have to agree Morpeth and Marske arent exactly struggling and I'm sure there's zero proof to state their throwing points away.

As for Morpeth refusing to take promotion, once again that's not an official statement from the club and let's hope it's not true as it could see the end of Morpeth FC or the NL in the pyramid if they back them.

As daft as it is the FA have stated the top 12 2nd placed clubs will be promoted so however they work it out if it's a NL club so be it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:41 pm 

paxton1410 wrote:
mut2011 wrote:
ressly pest wrote:

Marske have only dropped 11points, Morpeth 17points all season are you seriously suggesting they are purposely dropping points?? Shildon & West have arguably underachieved but I think anyone suggesting teams are actually throwing games is disrespectful and just ridiculous.

Why is it ridiculous?was always going to happen I’m afraid.as for marske,yep they’re flying and best of luck to them.but we all know what happens at the end of the season anyway when clubs have a mountain of fixtures to play

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:46 pm 

Im sure Marske would love a day out at Wembley but losing games to a fixture congestion as others have done, isn't throwing games to avoid Promotion though. Your insinuation it was always going to happen doesn't stack up!!!!

Morpeth as I said would have to have a catastrophic run of defeats to throw away a top 2 slot and frankly their too good to do that and i expect them to win the league anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:42 am 

In fairness if Marske win even half of their remaining games they should be finishing second...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:49 am 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
I'm certain that the sanctions on any team found deliberately throwing games (regardless of the reasons) will be severe and final. And deserved.

Ridiculous accusation

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com