It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:20 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC to play matches at Woodhorn Lane
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:51 am 

footyfan1 wrote:
Wack wrote:
Suitable security of tenure is required even at step 7 . Whilst I hope Blyth sort this out , this looks like a very gray area . Also how can a completely new club take the place of Blyth Town in the league ?

So judging by this, Blyth are going to need to get something sorted, pretty quickly in order to stay in the NL next season Wack?

Because they’re current league members, they have a longer period than newly promoted teams into a league. It may be the last day of the season tbh!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:02 pm 

Wack wrote:
Suitable security of tenure is required even at step 7 . Whilst I hope Blyth sort this out , this looks like a very gray area . Also how can a completely new club take the place of Blyth Town in the league ?
Because the FA allow it. Look at Darlington 1883 Reserves coming into the Wearside League after it started last season via a name change of Horden Colliery Welfare. It was questioned how Darlington 1883 1st team squad players could play for the renamed Horden Colliery Welfare as they were 2 seperately registered clubs. Also if Horden Colliery Welfare now no longer existed then neither should the points they accrued. Darlington FC got the best of both worlds as the FA said the points belonged to them and also their 1st team squad could play for them. Rules suggested otherwise as did commonsense and fair play. But they were all booted out of the window. We have got it out of our system now and Darlington Reserves are accepted as part of the Wearside League family. If Blyth FC have been forced into a move then I believe it will not affect a possible promotion as long they have a joint tenancy at their new home.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:54 pm 

Blessing in disguise for them really because that pitch is horrific - and on a good pitch, Blyth are quite devastating - should win Div. 2 based on what I've seen this season.