It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:51 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Blyth AFC to play matches at Woodhorn Lane
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:15 pm 

Ashington Football Club are pleased to announce that Blyth AFC will play the remainder of their competitive matches for the 2017/2018 season at Woodhorn Lane the home of Ashington Football Club.

Ashington Football Club would like to thank officials from the Northern League for their assistance in this matter and would also like to welcome the players and officials of Blyth AFC to Woodhorn Lane.

Blyth AFC's first match at Woodhorn Lane will be on Wednesday 21st February against Ryton & Crawcrook Albion.

http://www.ashingtonafc.com/latest-news ... dhorn-lane

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC to play matches at Woodhorn Lane
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 pm 

Blyth AFC announcement at http://blythafc.co.uk/news/press-release-16-02-18/

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:00 pm 

I thought Clubs had to have priority over their pitch to play in the Northern League. The pitch was good when we played there in December.

Seems a complicated "going on" up there in Northumberland.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:14 pm 

Aren't there problems between the two clubs and the acrimonious split sometime ago. I genuinely hope I am wrong but I suspect Blyth Town want the ground to themselves and Blyth AFC have been kicked off hopefully not permanently. Was there some problem with the lease as well?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:28 pm 

There is big problems between AFC and Blyth Town. I am sure this will just be the start.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:07 pm 

From Blyth AFC's Statement -

A couple of months ago, Blyth AFC brought concerns over the usage and deteriorating state of the playing surface at South Newsham, despite the valiant efforts of the groundsman, to the attention of the Ebac Northern League Management Committee. Blyth AFC, at this point, started to explore the possibility of using an alternative venue to play their remaining home games.

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:34 pm 

Be interesting to hear Blyth Towns side of the argument. Could this ground share affect their potential promotion?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:32 pm 
Site Admin

The story of Blyth AFC and their use of South Newsham Playing Field is a complicated one.

The land is owned by Northumberland County Council ( before that Blyth Valley Borough Council) , and the club house was largely funded by a grant from the developers fund. Blyth Town Juniors, later Blyth Town FC , were granted the lease of the land and eventually their first team gained promotion from the Northern Alliance to the Northern League.

I don’t know the machinations, but the first team were transferred to the private company Blyth Town First Team Ltd and then became Blyth AFC who took on the NL place.

The land is still, I understand, leased to Blyth Town, who are again running a team in the Northern Alliance. As tenants, I understand that they do not have permission to sub-let the use of the site, and the position of Blyth AFC is the cause of some concern to Blyth Town and the county council, the landlords.

Blyth Town have again long term desire to progress, and would like to eventually get to the Northern League.

The ground ( I don’t mean the premises, I mean the land ) is simply not suitable for too many games. It was fifty years ago a pit, and became a cricket and football pitch. There were about 3 or 4 football pitches used by Saturday and Sunday teams. There is a culverted stream running under the site, and as well as poor drainage the site has suffered from the collapse of the culvert in the past.

Blyth AFC have requested permission to use land to the south of South Newsham Rd , off the main road on statutory Green Belt land ( not just undeveloped land , but statutorily protected land ) but NCC as planning authority are being urged to turn down the planning application.

What happens next is going to be interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:51 pm 

AllyGB wrote:
The story of Blyth FC and their use of South Newsham Playing Field is a complicated one.

The land is owned by Northumberland County Council ( before that Blyth Valley Borough Council) , and the club house was largely funded by a grant from the developers fund. Blyth Town Juniors, later Blyth Town FC , were granted the lease of the land and eventually their first team gained promotion from the Northern Alliance to the Northern League.

I don’t know the machinations, but the first team were transferred to the private company Blyth Town First Team Ltd and then became Blyth FC who took on the NL place.

The land is still, I understand, leased to Blyth Town, who are again running a team in the Northern Alliance. As tenants, I understand that they do not have permission to sub-let the use of the site, and the position of Blyth FC is the cause of some concern to Blyth Town and the county council, the landlords.

Blyth Town have again long term desire to progress, and would like to eventually get to the Northern League.

The ground ( I don’t mean the premises, I mean the land ) is simply not suitable for too many games. It was fifty years ago a pit, and became a cricket and football pitch. There were about 3 or 4 football pitches used by Saturday and Sunday teams. There is a culverted stream running under the site, and as well as poor drainage the site has suffered from the collapse of the culvert in the past.

Blyth FC have requested permission to use land to the south of South Newsham Rd , off the main road on statutory Green Belt land ( not just undeveloped land , but statutorily protected land ) but NCC as planning authority are being urged to turn down the planning application.

Well summed up.

Seems pretty simple to me, Blyth town want to be a community club, with age range teams etc

Barry Elliott wants to spend his money on a successful team progressing through the leagues

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:22 am 

england wrote:
AllyGB wrote:
The story of Blyth FC and their use of South Newsham Playing Field is a complicated one.

I don’t know the machinations, but the first team were transferred to the private company Blyth Town First Team Ltd and then became Blyth FC who took on the NL place.

The land is still, I understand, leased to Blyth Town, who are again running a team in the Northern Alliance. As tenants, I understand that they do not have permission to sub-let the use of the site, and the position of Blyth FC is the cause of some concern to Blyth Town and the county council, the landlords.

Blyth FC have requested permission to use land to the south of South Newsham Rd , off the main road on statutory Green Belt land ( not just undeveloped land , but statutorily protected land ) but NCC as planning authority are being urged to turn down the planning application.

Well summed up.

Seems pretty simple to me, Blyth town want to be a community club, with age range teams etc

Barry Elliott wants to spend his money on a successful team progressing through the leagues

Should be relegated,Blyth town still exist and have a team in the nal,how can someone just take over another club,it's like an American franchise,they are fiddling their way up through the leagues.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:20 am 

Today's game at home to Whickham is off.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:24 am 

So how can Blyth be in the Northern League without a lease or security of tenure . It’s a pre requisite at step 6

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:45 am 

Wack wrote:
So how can Blyth be in the Northern League without a lease or security of tenure . It’s a pre requisite at step 6

They have until the AGM to sort this out, because they are a current league member & have already achieved the G Grade! Or they’ll be demoted.
If they were in there first season as a new member & only had the H Grade. They would need to sort this all out by the 31st March deadline.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:06 pm 

Suitable security of tenure is required even at step 7 . Whilst I hope Blyth sort this out , this looks like a very gray area . Also how can a completely new club take the place of Blyth Town in the league ?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:37 am 

Wack wrote:
Suitable security of tenure is required even at step 7 . Whilst I hope Blyth sort this out , this looks like a very gray area . Also how can a completely new club take the place of Blyth Town in the league ?

So judging by this, Blyth are going to need to get something sorted, pretty quickly in order to stay in the NL next season Wack?