It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:25 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Spennymoor squad to face Shildon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:32 pm 

Three first team players in the squad, including 1 from Ashington and 1 from Whitby Town. click on link for full squad details below.
https://twitter.com/SpennymoorTown/stat ... 7454967809

I do believe it would of been a stronger squad if Spennymoor were not going for a place in the FA Trophy quarter final on Saturday, please note Bishop fans, FA Trophy is not the Tin Pot :lol:

Post subject: Re: Spennymoor squad to face Shildon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:17 pm 

Gijane wrote:
Three first team players in the squad, including 1 from Ashington and 1 from Whitby Town. click on link for full squad details below.

I do believe it would of been a stronger squad if Spennymoor were not going for a place in the FA Trophy quarter final on Saturday, please note Bishop fans, FA Trophy is not the Tin Pot :lol:

Mason, Fewster, Dixon and Bland are first team members.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:49 pm 

marron04 wrote:
Mason, Fewster, Dixon and Bland are first team members.

Add Chantler to that list

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:48 am 

Gijane wrote:

We never said it was,apart from the fa cup it’s the only other knockout competition we give a damn about.personally I’d rather be in and get knocked out of the fa trophy in 1st qual than win the vase

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:10 am 

mut2011 wrote:

We never said it was,apart from the fa cup it’s the only other knockout competition we give a damn about.personally I’d rather be in and get knocked out of the fa trophy in 1st qual than win the vase

To be fair you never did, i was was just directing it to Mike M aka (LLB) who calls the Vase tin pot, with Spennymoor doing so well in the Trophy, something Mike M rates highly, he must be gutted :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:27 am 

How can the lad from Ashington and Mundial from Whitby play for Speeny tonight ,I thought there would be some 28 day rule not to have played fir any one else apart from club signed for , seem's strange, that after tonight they just go back and play for respective clubs, unless they have transferred to Speeny since the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:06 am 

mut2011 wrote:
Gijane wrote:

i can remember some north shields fans ridicule the vase that was of course before they won it however.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:06 am 

mut2011 wrote:
Gijane wrote:

i can remember some north shields fans ridicule the vase that was of course before they won it however.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:34 pm 

When we lost to billy town last year we took it on the chin and our attitude was rather beat farsley next week in fa cup 3q than win the vase any day.and we did.however in all honestly I’d love a run in it now when can’t win promotion.almost said nothing to play for in league but that would be just stupid of me......as for the trophy,back in the day it was our holy grail as we started each season knowing we couldn’t win promotion to conference because of ground regulations

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:11 pm 

Gijane wrote:

bishops are not strangers to fa trophy quarter finals....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:13 pm 

local lad wrote:
Gijane wrote:

Certainly not local lad. On the other hand it could be Spennymoor Towns firs EVER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:14 pm 

local lad wrote:
Gijane wrote:

Certainly not local lad. On the other hand it could be Spennymoor Towns firs EVER FA Trophy Quarter Final if they progress :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:39 pm 

TUDGUY wrote:
How can the lad from Ashington and Mundial from Whitby play for Speeny tonight ,I thought there would be some 28 day rule not to have played fir any one else apart from club signed for , seem's strange, that after tonight they just go back and play for respective clubs, unless they have transferred to Speeny since the weekend.

Junior Mondal signed dual registration with Spennymoor Town and Whitby, no idea on the lad from Ashington.