It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:52 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Myers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 294
Sat in the car outside team north after another heavy defeat for bishop there has got to be a huge question hanging over Myers . Yes he has got us off the bottom since he took charge and again I think we will have enough to avoid the bottom three but only just, but seriously is he the man to take us forward? His signings to date have been poor and players leaving hAve been better than he has signed . The squad is looking thinner by the week the defence is changed game by game along with the midfield only one signing stands out and that’s Ryder . We have not strengthen up front where we have nothing apart from AJ the bench is getting weaker that ever his signings are from his little black book of past players that where poor last time they signed for the club apart from the players his boss offloaded to him from west. We have Avery difficult month coming up and if we do not pick up a few points and the teams below continue winning a odd game we could go into March in the bottom four. Word at the game tonight was the club is pleased with his team rebuilding, it is not rebuilding that myself and others are witnessing it’s a finger tip crawl to safety that’s come to a stop at the moment . The chairman and the board made a massive mistake at the end of last season do not make the same mistake this season open your eyes should we be getting beat by sixes and fours against these teams.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:16 pm
Posts: 3
Why don't you speak to colin and ask him questions instead of hiding by your keyboard,stop trying to critics towards colin and the team and get behind them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 375
I think Colin is the right man to take us forward but I believe it will be next season when this does happen. He should be judged on next season and let's see how the squad looks at the start of next season. Obviously we do needs pts on the board to avoid being sucked toward that bottom 3. We will get enough pts to be comfortably safe imo and hopefully we challenge for some silverware in the form of the league cup.

I came away demoralised l.night but I am able to look at the bigger picture.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 294
Has far speaking to the manager what is the point of that he will just say that he has signings lined up for next season so on and so on, he spoke with confidence at Riley’s meeting in the summer then again at his own when he took over talk is cheap it’s actions that count. I hope your right about the start of next season we have heard all this before . We creeped towards the end of last season and Everyman and his dog new a big change was needed then ! we are creeping even worst towards the end of this season it’s a massive gamble for next season looking at it at the moment. Even more of a worry is we are offloading players from contract for nothing that are better than we are left with. Massive summer for bishop manager, chairman and board.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 320
I know Shaun Ryder very well, have played with and managed him and believe me, no disrespect to the lad he's always had potential but from what I can gather from the comments on here on a regular basis as to how well he's now playing, Colin Myers and his staff have to be given credit for that IMO?..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 882
Still Learning. wrote:
I know Shaun Ryder very well, have played with and managed him and believe me, no disrespect to the lad he's always had potential but from what I can gather from the comments on here on a regular basis as to how well he's now playing, Colin Myers and his staff have to be given credit for that IMO?..


Does Shaun miss his Happy Monday’s days? I didn’t know he played football, I thought he did too many chemicals :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:50 pm
Posts: 230
Mike M wrote:
and hopefully we challenge for some silverware in the form of the league cup.

Hold on, thats even below the cup you call the tin pot. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 375
Living in hope wrote:
Has far speaking to the manager what is the point of that he will just say that he has signings lined up for next season so on and so on, he spoke with confidence at Riley’s meeting in the summer then again at his own when he took over talk is cheap it’s actions that count. I hope your right about the start of next season we have heard all this before . We creeped towards the end of last season and Everyman and his dog new a big change was needed then ! we are creeping even worst towards the end of this season it’s a massive gamble for next season looking at it at the moment. Even more of a worry is we are offloading players from contract for nothing that are better than we are left with. Massive summer for bishop manager, chairman and board.


I was at the meeting just after Colin took over again and he has pretty much called exactly how he thought this season may pan out. He didn’t promise the earth in the short term he emphasised what a big job it was going to be to rebuild so he must be given time to do just that - and this means seeing this season out in relative safety then building from that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:39 am
Posts: 5
Shaun Ryder was at Consett earlier this season and it was disappointing to see him leave, he's a good player, a bit hot headed at times but the quality was always there. Myers was our manager season before last, and we were all pleased to see him go, even the players!


Last edited by liamcorinne on Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:33 pm
Posts: 157
Must be said think he's bit of a funny manager has signed luke Sullivan from shields where he signed from Consett He is a good player but Myers was never sullivans biggest fan when he was manager at consett and would sit him out and think wanted rid of him at the time yet he has signed him for Bishops. Incidently how did he play on saturday


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:54 am
Posts: 1051
Location: Arl owa.
Windy1970 wrote:
Still Learning. wrote:
I know Shaun Ryder very well, have played with and managed him and believe me, no disrespect to the lad he's always had potential but from what I can gather from the comments on here on a regular basis as to how well he's now playing, Colin Myers and his staff have to be given credit for that IMO?..


Does Shaun miss his Happy Monday’s days? I didn’t know he played football, I thought he did too many chemicals :lol:


He's nowhere near as good without Bez like.

_________________
For Each A Road, For Everyman A Religion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:17 pm
Posts: 268
TN beat Shields 2/0 not that long ago, so are a capable team


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:51 am
Posts: 8
Don't rate Myers, his selections, set up and general attitude up at Consett left a lot to be desired and he alienated a lot of players, maybe he has learned from trying to change too much too soon


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 294
Another woeful display from front to back today for bishop, massive game next week at Washington where we have to win! I’ve said all season that this relegation fight will go right to the wire. Some poor decisions made of late with the squad which has made it weaker not stronger this is now the squad that Myers has formed since he took over and at this stage last season supporters where saying we need a clear out with the squad we had then my god we cannot start next season with 98% of this squad not even good enough to keep if we go down which is very possible on recent performances. Sick to death of hearing statements on how good the ground is how well we are doing on the commercial side, another near 500 crowd 10 deep at the new bait hut, announcements that we have bought the ground out right and that the supporters club are sponsoring a schools football team strip is all great ! BUT WHAT ABOUT OUR FIRST TEAM THE REASON THERE IS A BISHOP AUCKLAND FOOTBALL CLUB it’s being neglected shamefully.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 375
In other news.....Waste Auckland thumped by Team North!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group