It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Myers
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:55 pm 

Living in hope wrote:
Another woeful display from front to back today for bishop, massive game next week at Washington where we have to win! I’ve said all season that this relegation fight will go right to the wire. Some poor decisions made of late with the squad which has made it weaker not stronger this is now the squad that Myers has formed since he took over and at this stage last season supporters where saying we need a clear out with the squad we had then my god we cannot start next season with 98% of this squad not even good enough to keep if we go down which is very possible on recent performances. Sick to death of hearing statements on how good the ground is how well we are doing on the commercial side, another near 500 crowd 10 deep at the new bait hut, announcements that we have bought the ground out right and that the supporters club are sponsoring a schools football team strip is all great ! BUT WHAT ABOUT OUR FIRST TEAM THE REASON THERE IS A BISHOP AUCKLAND FOOTBALL CLUB it’s being neglected shamefully.

I understand your frustrations but surely the above are all good PR for the club as a whole and for the infrastructure without which, there certainly "wouldn't" be a Bishop Auckland..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm 

I spoke to plenty on Saturday and could not find one person who would not be glad to see the back the manager.
The board have done a fantastic job apart from the management of the team they are delusional if they think he is doing a good job.After the debacle with Riely they make a massive mistake in taking back Myers who let's not forget dropped us in it when he left last time. His track record of late should have set alarm bells ringing he has got rid of most of Rielys signings so it's basically his team now and it's woeful.
The amount of decent players that have left because they don't get on with him is unbelievable Ryder aside he has not brought in anyone decent in fact they are worse than we had,Yet the board can't see it and all you get is it's a discipline thing !
Well where was the discipline from the manager and coaching staff away at West Auckland? Total embarrassment!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:27 am 

Total agree along with many and the chairman Nick needs to be gone has well, under his leadership and appointments we have nose dived on the playing front. When he talked about promotion we all thought football promotion but he meant pie sales and function catering, if only he took notice of points gained on the pitch instead of catering sales he might understand the situation. Everything not well within the club the word around the ground is that the chairman and his wife have fell out with the supporters club, a director has resigned because he did not like the direction the club was heading . We need a strong leader at the helm where was our leader on Saturday at the clock unveiling it was left to the girl that does the match day PA it should have been the head of the club the same has where was he at the biggest function the supporters had put on at the club for years on the Friday night ? Very poor leadership all round he needs to go along with the manager.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:18 am 

Just speaking as a neutral here, If it's true that Bishops now own their own ground?, then that's not to be sniffed at, Might not be what supporters want to hear at this moment in time, And I can truly understand because as a supporter it's what happens on the pitch that really counts, But looking long-term any potential new chairman or owner, then owning your own ground will be much more appealing to be involved, Basically any revenues generated is pretty much ploughed back in to your club, Not being % quartered to third parties like what happens to allot of other clubs i.e Councils or landlords, who then decide to kick you off your pitch because they want to build houses or charge high rents/fees, Just last week my own club announced that they will be staying at Mariners Park, Simply because they own 100% of the ground and have now announced major ground developments starting this coming summer, What i'm saying is Managers, Players, Chairman & owners come and go, You might not think it at the moment, Bishops are a very attractive option for someone to get involved in, it's just a case of when that right person comes along.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:11 pm 

That’s the whole issue they have now bought the ground out right so they will not be paying out money on the lease anymore so it’s another revenue stream incoming again making the club better off but again we donot see any improvement on the playing side, we go to Washington on Saturday and you cannot tell me that they would not love our income streams and if they had them they would have a far better side that we have. Either very poor money management by bishop or total lack of investment in the area that the club supposed to be about football, either or the man at the top has got it badly wrong on the football front but he as got that momentum going with the pies and catering. Never mind if your paying to see rubbish football the catering is there to be enjoyed but makes that pie a bit expensive .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:26 pm 

Living in hope wrote:
That’s the whole issue they have now bought the ground out right so they will not be paying out money on the lease anymore so it’s another revenue stream incoming again making the club better off but again we donot see any improvement on the playing side, we go to Washington on Saturday and you cannot tell me that they would not love our income streams and if they had them they would have a far better side that we have. Either very poor money management by bishop or total lack of investment in the area that the club supposed to be about football, either or the man at the top has got it badly wrong on the football front but he as got that momentum going with the pies and catering. Never mind if your paying to see rubbish football the catering is there to be enjoyed but makes that pie a bit expensive .

I am surprised that Bishops aren't challenging with all the potential income.

As a supporter why don't you purchase the accounts, Bishop Auckland FC is a Ltd Company so the information is public. That will confirm where the money is going.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:20 pm 
Site Admin

But as a ( relatively ) small company they are likely only to have filed abbreviated accounts that won’t have a detailed profit and loss account.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:43 pm 

I am the director that resigned and the reasons for doing so were valid and presented to the club along with a statement they weren't published but were factual, that is now irrelevant.

What is now important is that as a club we are united chairman, board, supporters club, fans, manager, players to ensure that we finish the season as strong as we can, together we are stronger.

Knowing Colin very well from both of his spells at the football club, I know we have man that is passionate about improving BAFC, he held a fans forum earlier in the season and told fans that this season will be up and down. He has had a lot to contend with discipline wise from certain players at different times.

Colin is a honest man who will always speak to anyone and will tell you what he thinks or what is going on even if it something that you might not like or want to hear.

As long as he is in charge he will continue to get my full support.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 pm 

So has two directors left this season then? Hard to keep track who is a director or even how on Earth they get in to these positions. Nicks a prime example has Riley said in his leaving rant how do you go from programme editor to chairman over night . If you where a director you should have walked around the ground more on match days some very unhappy loyal supporters and Myers was no ones choice and still is not, apart from the boards. I fear for the club if we stay up and he is in charge next season word is that there will be a clear out at west in the summer by mr Forrest so he will off load more rubbish to Myers if not by the end of the season, and by the way he cannot be that passionate about bishop he walked away from the club .

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:20 pm 

Do you understand why as you put it walked away last time ?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:02 am 
Site Admin

It doesn't take more than a few seconds to find the Companies' House filing history for BAFC Ltd if you're that interested.

This is what is recorded, and what Companies' House have been told by the company

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/03373384/filing-history

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:24 pm 

nemesis wrote:
I am the director that resigned and the reasons for doing so were valid and presented to the club along with a statement they weren't published but were factual, that is now irrelevant.

What is now important is that as a club we are united chairman, board, supporters club, fans, manager, players to ensure that we finish the season as strong as we can, together we are stronger.

Knowing Colin very well from both of his spells at the football club, I know we have man that is passionate about improving BAFC, he held a fans forum earlier in the season and told fans that this season will be up and down. He has had a lot to contend with discipline wise from certain players at different times.

Colin is a honest man who will always speak to anyone and will tell you what he thinks or what is going on even if it something that you might not like or want to hear.

As long as he is in charge he will continue to get my full support.

You talk of discipline guess you were not at the West Auckland game because the management's ill disciplined behaviour was appalling!
And the manager is so passionate about BAFC that he stood talking during the game and well into the halftime interval when he should have been addressing the team on Saturday.

The board and the manager have lost the fans as far as the team is concerned many previously loyal fans have stopped coming id say 90% want change.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:08 am 

Come forward and help the club then, instead of posting your thoughts on here attend the events the club puts on to voice your opinions

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:21 am 

What a silly comment!
This is a fans forum
The only event that Bishop put on to discuss the team was the managers questions night way back when !
And if you believe that bull's droppings more fool you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:34 pm 

I know it needs to be a balance of both but off the field progress, especially when Bishop are keen to move up. is vital to sustain the costs of progressing - moving up then not having finance in place to sustain it is a sickener too

Ive only watched Bishop a handful of times this season , so have no idea if hes the man to take them forward? but dont knock the off the field activities? If there is a management change, at least theyll have the budget to give it a go