It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:17 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:58 am 

Is it just me or was the NL's proposal the admission the FA had been waiting to hear for years?

The proposed rebranding of the NL Division One as a Step 4 league on the basis that many of the clubs in it are already as good as if not better than many already playing at Step 4, was an admission that really many of our clubs should not be in and dominating the FA Vase?

Other leagues have complained for years that the NL's dominance was artificial because the NL was not truly part of the pyramid and were entering teams that should be playing at a higher level and in the Trophy

i also suspect the FA had grown tired of the argument, "we are special we are the second oldest in the world", much as I love watching the NL , you meet the same army ofenthusiastic volunteers all over the country that sustain their teams and leagues

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:46 pm 

I think the step 4 8th division will happen but en masse promoting from the NL is hardly fair on the other step 5 sides.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 pm 

goose wrote:
I think the step 4 8th division will happen but en masse promoting from the NL is hardly fair on the other step 5 sides.

I don’t think the F.A. are concerned about promoting extra clubs. The issue is what next! For example; if Morpeth wins this new league, will they be happy to play in the NPL Prem? If the answer is no, then the NL proposal was protectionist & that’s why it failed!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Cestrian wrote:
However little fella Mike is entitled to his opinion just like you or anyone else on here. Now that he is a "lay person" northern league wise what he thinks is a personal attitude and not that propounded by the league. Totally agree with your second part of the contribution and totally agree with les and dave from earlier. We have to accept the rules and move on, no two ways about it.

BTW welcome back Dave!!!

Cheers Lenny! :D It's been a while...

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18