It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:24 am 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
I’ve done a little projection on a new NPL1E division. If the FA decided to mass promote the top half of the EBAC NL & then add the clubs already at step 4. In my projection I’ve promoted the top 2 teams on a ppg basis at step 4 up to step 3. I’ve also promoted the same from the NCEL Prem, but I’ve promoted extra clubs from that division & the Nottinghamshire clubs would be placed in a different league! I’ve reprieved AFC Goole after the merger of the Ossett sides.
1) AFC Goole
2) Brighouse Town
3) Consett
4) Cleethorpes Town
5) Dunston UTS
6) Handsworth Parramore
7) Marske United
8.) Morpeth Town
9) North Shields
10) Ossett United(*possible new name)
11) Pickering Town
12) Pontefract Collieries
13) Sheffield
14) Shildon
15) Stocksbridge Park Steels
16) Stockton Town
17) Sunderland RCA
18) Tadcaster Albion
19) West Auckland Town
20) Whitley Bay

I’ve heard that the F.A. actually approached the EBAC NL asking them to consider a step 4 league. The EBAC NL’s proposal was rejected by the F.A.! That’s because Tadcaster Albion & Pickering Town are the only North Yorkshire clubs. The EBAC NL have got to get realistic & if you look at the list above. Most Yorkshire teams are from in & around West Yorkshire(Leeds area). The only isolated team on the list are Cleethorpes Town! They are just south of the Humber Bridge & the M180 takes them directly towards the A1/M1.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks for this Windy, its really interesting and is more realistic for a step 4 league in this region . Travel wise it places my Club Northallerton slap bang in the middle, however I doubt we would be in this league (if it happened) anytime soon. I guess this doesn't get around the ground grading issue, and the fact some Clubs may have to spend on their grounds ?

The F.A. has already set a precedent in the pyramid & given teams 3 seasons to achieve the ground grading.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:34 pm 

This situation is getting crazier by the day mate.3 seasons?so in theory a well funded Chester-le-street or jarrow roofing could go on double/treble promotions and play likes of York city,Hartlepool,Darlington Stockport and Kidderminster in totally inadequate grounds?might sound unrealistic but it is possible.what is more probable is a team in 3rd season win promotion,fail ground grading and be relegated to play 2 divisions lower than they should be!bonkers situation the fa is setting itself up for

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:01 pm 

The situation you mention. ie playing the likes of stockport kiddeeminster etc could equally happen if drawn in fa cup

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:05 pm 

mut2011 wrote:
This situation is getting crazier by the day mate.3 seasons?so in theory a well funded Chester-le-street or jarrow roofing could go on double/treble promotions and play likes of York city,Hartlepool,Darlington Stockport and Kidderminster in totally inadequate grounds?might sound unrealistic but it is possible.what is more probable is a team in 3rd season win promotion,fail ground grading and be relegated to play 2 divisions lower than they should be!bonkers situation the fa is setting itself up for

The higher you get up the pyramid, the higher the funding! I’m only saying the 3 years moratorium is an option open to the F.A. & might not come to fruition.
If anyone bought the Nonleague paper this week, you’d have read the centrefold interview with the F.A.! The F.A. are introducing compulsory promotion for steps 1-6. If leagues & clubs want to be part of the pyramid, then they must accept this. I’d imagine a few clubs won’t be happy with this, but most clubs will be looking out for themselves. I’m sure those outside the pyramid would miss the F.A. Vase greatly. So I’m sure they’ll all accept the inevitable!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:42 pm 

mut2011 wrote:

Mut you missed Spennymoor off your list of teams

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:44 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
The situation you mention. ie playing the likes of stockport kiddeeminster etc could equally happen if drawn in fa cup

They would need two get to the 2nd q round to do that, they could be waiting for ever :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:35 pm 

Gijane wrote:
trevor56 wrote:

They would need two get to the 2nd q round to do that, they could be waiting for ever :roll:

Almost as daft as imagining chester le street or jarrow roofing playing in same league

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:24 am 

Not if they got put into leaguecoz avoided ground grading?btw of course I avoided mentioning spennymoor,yep you doing well but only small fry compared to clubs I mentioned.no disrespect but you are only evenwood town with a lot of money!if anyone ever asks am I jealous,simple answer of course iam,and hate spennymoor with a bleeding passion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:27 am 

Gijane wrote:
mut2011 wrote:

Mut you missed Spennymoor off your list of teams[/quot
RAther go to tow law!!!!!!!must admit like could you imagine our derby in nln.that would be worth looking forward to

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:34 am 

Do I wish you well at Bromley,no absoloutely not.do I hope you get in playoffs?do I f,,k............I hate you lot with everything I have.hope you get home from Bromley safe and well but that’s about it

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:13 am 

Jesus!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:39 pm 

Hangover and sense of regret incoming...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:53 pm 

Wow!

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:17 am 

Get a life folks. Being honest can be brutal. I've found that out to my cost plenty of times in my work environment. Glad to be out of that. If someone says exactly the same about my team I can handle it. Nothing to see here, move on.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:28 am 

Under what condition would spenny wish us well.none,they’d 100 percent be focused on their own game,same here

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next