It is currently Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:51 am 

mut2011 wrote:
Under what condition would spenny wish us well.none,they’d 1st ecent be focused on their own game,same here

Personally I can't actually agree with that because of Chris who is the best poster on here most likely wishes you well is possibly the nicest lad you're ever likely to meet in non league football and is a Spennymoor Town supporter. I have no doubt that he would confirm this.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:42 am 

the little fella wrote:
Get a life folks. Being honest can be brutal. I've found that out to my cost plenty of times in my work environment. Glad to be out of that. If someone says exactly the same about my team I can handle it. Nothing to see here, move on.

Bang on fella

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:45 am 

the little fella wrote:
mut2011 wrote:
Under what condition would spenny wish us well.none,they’d 1st ecent be focused on their own game,same here

Personally I can't actually agree with that because of Chris who is the best poster on here most likely wishes you well is possibly the nicest lad you're ever likely to meet in non league football and is a Spennymoor Town supporter. I have no doubt that he would confirm this.

Of course they have some nice lads,so do we.wouldnt wish each other’s team well though.if chris does then he must be fairly new.i don’t know 1 single bishop fan who would wish them well and same has to be said about spenny fans.may get the odd one but that’s only so could have derby back and put about ten past us!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:49 am 

You may get the derby like jarrow v hebburn where everyone wishes the other well.but not in this case.have to bare in mind it was also a claim to north East’s top dogs in non league terms for many a year

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:25 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
Good to see some things haven't changed on here :-)

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:34 pm 

Not changed a jot Dave, just less people on here and Bishops fans still slagging off Spennymoor. Hey ho

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:57 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
Not changed a jot Dave, just less people on here and Bishops fans still slagging off Spennymoor. Hey ho

I like both clubs tbh & don’t mind a bit of football banter. If I was a Bishop’s fan I’d pray for the season to end. Because the way things are going, the trap door is just starting to open for them & those below are starting to pick up some crucial points!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:02 pm 

Do any Spenny fans remember the NCEL days? What were they like?

There is talk amongst terraces at NTFC what it would be like to play in the NCEL.

There'd most likely be a bus for every away game, but it would be great to meet new people and visit new grounds. There would be a lot more travelling, but for example travelling to Liversedge would take a few extra minutes than travelling to Esh Winning.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:22 pm 

I lived in north shields when they played in ncel and i thought it was a lot lower standard than n.l.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:11 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
ressly pest wrote:

I like both clubs tbh & don’t mind a bit of football banter. If I was a Bishop’s fan I’d pray for the season to end. Because the way things are going, the trap door is just starting to open for them & those below are starting to pick up some crucial points!

Windy1970, what are the permutations for relegation from ENL1 this season considering the reduction to 20 teams and the reluctance of some clubs to take automatic promotion? Could there be up to 5 teams relegated?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:26 am 

handifan2 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
ressly pest wrote:

Windy1970, what are the permutations for relegation from ENL1 this season considering the reduction to 20 teams and the reluctance of some clubs to take automatic promotion? Could there be up to 5 teams relegated?

With the top two clubs being automatically promoted & zero clubs coming the other way. It’ll just be the bottom 3 clubs relegated & replaced by the top 3 NL2 clubs.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:28 am 

trevor56 wrote:
I lived in north shields when they played in ncel and i thought it was a lot lower standard than n.l.

It probably is & it also might be a lot easier to get promoted out of!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:58 am 

With the top two clubs being automatically promoted & zero clubs coming the other way. It’ll just be the bottom 3 clubs relegated & replaced by the top 3 NL2 clubs.[/quote]

Let me throw this argument into the mix.

As it stands, the Evostick Division 1 North will probably only relegate two teams as those in position for the drop are Skelmsdale Goole and Ossett Albion, but the latter will cease to exist as they amalgamate with Ossett Town who are in the same division.

The NCEL (44 clubs) and NWCL (45 clubs) have the same problem as NL in needing to lose clubs to meet the 20 club limit, I appreciate there is a new division coming at NWCL.

Those two leagues will gain an extra club whereas the NL will not. They would have a perfectly good argument that it is unfair to have to relegate more clubs to a lower level when the NL was not having any relegated club from the Evostick.

So would not the fairest thing to do be to laterally transfer a NCEL club to NL so that each of the feeder leagues gained one club and then the numbers having to be relegated would be the same?

And that in turn would make a difference to the relegation in both NL divisions

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:29 am 

Possibly but which club do you suggest will be happy with it? None are exactly in the middle of the NL Catchment area and without getting my Map out to check, are these the 3 nearest?

Garforth
Harrogate
Pickering

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:07 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
Possibly but which club do you suggest will be happy with it? None are exactly in the middle of the NL Catchment area and without getting my Map out to check, are these the 3 nearest?

Garforth
Harrogate
Pickering

The nearest 3 in order are

Pickering
Knaresborough
Harrogate RA

Both Pickering and Harrogate Ra are Division 1 teams, step 5, and whilst Knaresborough are Division 2 and step 6, they are likely to be promoted this year. I wouldnt expect any would be thrilled by a move north, but doubt that would bother the FA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 18  Next