It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 6:12 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3115
madworld wrote:
Wack wrote:
[i]Have the LMC actually audited this. Is there a direct comparison being produced with these additional costs, whilst also considering increased income streams ?

I will make this really simply. Increased travel costs can be funded by reducing overly excessive players expenses/wages for the level of football the league currently sits


Change the record man Wack. I'm personally fed up with your negativity on anything to do with this. It's not within the league's powers to audit finances or limit the spending power of clubs. It is within the League's gift to participate in an adult discussion about how we move foward, rather than making childish comments saying "He's got more sweets than me, and that's not fair!"



It’s not childish at all, he makes a very valid point, which until tackled will continue.

It’s all good and well saying the league doesn’t audit clubs or delve in to their finances, well they must do something as the strongly worded statement from the league states that some clubs can’t afford it


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3115
super_les wrote:
Surely a mass promotion will put pressure on clubs who haven't spent money on the ground, what happens if say 10 clubs don't meet the ground grading for Step 4 in season 1 or do people think the NL clubs should get more time to get grounds ready as well.

If I was NCEL or NWCL I would just think the NE teams have created a problem and then want preferential treatment to sort it out. Most the other leagues promote every year with clubs who then have to get the ground ready for that level, some then get relegated back because they don't have the best of teams.

I would be surprised if the FA do anything other than advise that promotion is mandatory and over time the issue will become less of an issue.



You are right


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3115
Overall I can’t agree with a lot of the information about finances as it simply isn’t right.

The stagnation out of the league, is a huge issue, both for the league and the FA.
Think this is a decent proposal in all honesty.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:27 am
Posts: 90
I’ll still stand by my early opinion that this season and next the FA should have offered an immensity to all NL1 clubs, 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons, clubs wishing to move up the Evo-stick North league should have been able to apply as long as long they met the leagues criteria (Ground & Finances etc), However not a mass promotion but maybe two clubs each season, So as long as that team wasn’t relegated and they finished as one of the highest placed clubs who’ve applied for promotion then would be accepted, Then starting from season 2019/20 automatic promotion would start, Thus giving clubs who may not be ready at this moment in time an opportunity to prepare themselves on and off the pitch, The previous system of a club being allowed to move up as long as they finished in the top three was never fare or practical especially when other clubs main aim is to win the league at all cost, but zero intentions to ever moving up.
I can understand the NL Management Committee wanting to save guard their league, who wouldn’t it’s the second oldest league in the World, with some great teams over the years, and will always be seen as a great league even though changes are coming, Yes I can see some of the leagues big hitters moving on in time, such as Morpeth, Marske, North Shields, Bishops’s, Consett, Whitley Bay & Stockton, (Apologies if I’ve missed anyone off) In what order only time will tell, Let’s not kid ourselves in 5-7 yrs from now the NL1 division will look very much different from how it looks today.
I’ll use Morpeth for example, with them being top of the league, Morpeth average very good attendances, average being around 260+, Probably more than most Evo-Stick North clubs, there attendances are bumped up when the likes of the clubs I’ve just mentioned above arrive at Craik Park, what happens when those clubs slowly disappear to the the Evo-Stick, Morpeth will need fresh revenue, Gonna be very difficult if the top supported clubs are applying their trade elsewhere, Could you imagine if Morpeth stepped up and suddenly found themselves playing in the near future the likes of Blyth, Spennymoor, Hartlepool, Darlington, Scarborough, Hyde Utd, Don’t think they will be playing in front of 260 supporters, those clubs would probably take that amount to Craik Park, What I’m saying is that yes there will be a little bit of pain at first, but the opportunities for those NL1 clubs is very exciting.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 736
madworld wrote:
Personally, I think this is a really interesting, positive proposal by the league for non-league football in the region.

- it looks to me as though what's being suggested is that the Northern League has three divisions - one at Step 4, one at Step 5 and one at Step 6. It also looks as though the Step 4/5 divisions would be made up of Northern League and Northern Counties East teams, with some clubs from the NL feeder leagues coming in at Step 6. I presume some clubs that are already at Step 4 might have to be moved across into the new Step 4 division – if it goes ahead?

- it deals the problem over the travel and costs which the FA's current plans would impose on our teams being automatically promoted to the current Step 4 league. It will be interesting to see the clubs reaction to this proposal.

- some clubs may be disappointed that they will have to compete in the FA Trophy rather than the Vase, but not many clubs actually make money out of the Vase (unless you get to the latter stages) and our clubs remaining at Step 5 would still be competitive in the Vase. Over a period of time the top clubs will end up in the Trophy because they’ll eventually aĺl be compulsorily promoted anyway. In the 1970’s, 80’s and early 90’s the Northern League used to be in the Trophy anyway.

Hope the FA consider this carefully rather than just reject it out of hand.

Wasn’t this one of the proposals mentioned at the FA’s meeting with the clubs in November 2016? aka the Super Northern League including Yorkshire clubs. It’s about the most sensible suggestion I’ve seen in regards to the restructuring!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 pm
Posts: 1213
Absolutely cracking idea.you could even have 2 or 3 promoted teams a year and maybe also playoff structure at level 5........that could be absolute money spinners for the clubs,and maybe about quarter of the added costs needed for the promoted clubs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3115
Lovenonleague wrote:
I’ll still stand by my early opinion that this season and next the FA should have offered an immensity to all NL1 clubs, 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons, clubs wishing to move up the Evo-stick North league should have been able to apply as long as long they met the leagues criteria (Ground & Finances etc), However not a mass promotion but maybe two clubs each season, So as long as that team wasn’t relegated and they finished as one of the highest placed clubs who’ve applied for promotion then would be accepted, Then starting from season 2019/20 automatic promotion would start, Thus giving clubs who may not be ready at this moment in time an opportunity to prepare themselves on and off the pitch, The previous system of a club being allowed to move up as long as they finished in the top three was never fare or practical especially when other clubs main aim is to win the league at all cost, but zero intentions to ever moving up.
I can understand the NL Management Committee wanting to save guard their league, who wouldn’t it’s the second oldest league in the World, with some great teams over the years, and will always be seen as a great league even though changes are coming, Yes I can see some of the leagues big hitters moving on in time, such as Morpeth, Marske, North Shields, Bishops’s, Consett, Whitley Bay & Stockton, (Apologies if I’ve missed anyone off) In what order only time will tell, Let’s not kid ourselves in 5-7 yrs from now the NL1 division will look very much different from how it looks today.
I’ll use Morpeth for example, with them being top of the league, Morpeth average very good attendances, average being around 260+, Probably more than most Evo-Stick North clubs, there attendances are bumped up when the likes of the clubs I’ve just mentioned above arrive at Craik Park, what happens when those clubs slowly disappear to the the Evo-Stick, Morpeth will need fresh revenue, Gonna be very difficult if the top supported clubs are applying their trade elsewhere, Could you imagine if Morpeth stepped up and suddenly found themselves playing in the near future the likes of Blyth, Spennymoor, Hartlepool, Darlington, Scarborough, Hyde Utd, Don’t think they will be playing in front of 260 supporters, those clubs would probably take that amount to Craik Park, What I’m saying is that yes there will be a little bit of pain at first, but the opportunities for those NL1 clubs is very exciting.


Excellent post, certainly think there will be short term pain, but long term gain for the region.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:47 pm
Posts: 528
Location: NLZ
Two points

Everybody is missing the fact that if the whole league goes up the teams promoted the following year would still have the travelling issues

Secondly, the management committee are supposed to represent and act on behalf of its members, they have not consulted the clubs so are acting without jurisdiction and are being negligent.

_________________
Footie fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2003 11:59 am
Posts: 5097
Location: Fortress Turnbull
Not a bad idea but I agree with Matt, there would be an equal pyramid by now if teams took the opportunity ten years ago.

_________________
WHITBY TOWN FC- NUMBER ONE CLUB ON THE YORKSHIRE COAST- UP THE BLUES


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3115
footie fan wrote:
Two points

Everybody is missing the fact that if the whole league goes up the teams promoted the following year would still have the travelling issues

Secondly, the management committee are supposed to represent and act on behalf of its members, they have not consulted the clubs so are acting without jurisdiction and are being negligent.


The travelling issues won’t be as much though as a numbers of teams from this league would form the premier div at level 4.

You make a good point about consultation though. They just make that rule up as they please, where it comes to drinking outside, clubs have to vote on it etc, when it comes to this they can just do what they like!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:47 pm
Posts: 528
Location: NLZ
england wrote:
footie fan wrote:
Two points

Everybody is missing the fact that if the whole league goes up the teams promoted the following year would still have the travelling issues

Secondly, the management committee are supposed to represent and act on behalf of its members, they have not consulted the clubs so are acting without jurisdiction and are being negligent.


The travelling issues won’t be as much though as a numbers of teams from this league would form the premier div at level 4.

You make a good point about consultation though. They just make that rule up as they please, where it comes to drinking outside, clubs have to vote on it etc, when it comes to this they can just do what they like!!



I’m thinking the next step up

_________________
Footie fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 736
footie fan wrote:
Two points

Everybody is missing the fact that if the whole league goes up the teams promoted the following year would still have the travelling issues

Secondly, the management committee are supposed to represent and act on behalf of its members, they have not consulted the clubs so are acting without jurisdiction and are being negligent.

This posts hopefully covers questions that have been asked & a few that haven’t!
The proposed Super Northern league at step 4 would include Yorkshire clubs. If all the teams in promotion & relegation spots stayed the same & the FA decided to relegate no NPL1 teams! Then there would be 9 Yorkshire clubs already in this Super Northern league! If the FA decided to start with 18 clubs in this league, then only 9 clubs would need to be promoted from the NL1! 9 clubs would need to be found from elsewhere to replace them & keep the NL running with 40 clubs. 2 of these could be Knaresborough & Pickering Town! Relegate zero clubs from the EBAC NL2 & promote Boro Rangers, Birtley, Newcastle Uni & any clubs from the Wearside leagues. Then we’re already there! As for the NWCL & NCEL missing out, both those leagues had multiple promotions at the two previous restructures & this was mainly because the NL offered little or no clubs! So it’s a great offer from the EBAC NL & will go a long way to righting all the previous errors that the FA’s created! This should happen & this season imo


Last edited by Windy1970 on Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3115
footie fan wrote:
england wrote:
footie fan wrote:
Two points

Everybody is missing the fact that if the whole league goes up the teams promoted the following year would still have the travelling issues

Secondly, the management committee are supposed to represent and act on behalf of its members, they have not consulted the clubs so are acting without jurisdiction and are being negligent.


The travelling issues won’t be as much though as a numbers of teams from this league would form the premier div at level 4.

You make a good point about consultation though. They just make that rule up as they please, where it comes to drinking outside, clubs have to vote on it etc, when it comes to this they can just do what they like!!



I’m thinking the next step up


Which is why enforced promotion has to happen, allowing a fluid movement of clubs up and down.

Not sure how every team could get promoted though, not sure what your point is?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:57 am
Posts: 209
I can see his point.. If say morpeth win the new step 4 lge and gain promotion they will then have to travel to teams in evo prem who won't just be based in yorkshire. So problem starts all over again


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3115
hill2 wrote:
I can see his point.. If say morpeth win the new step 4 lge and gain promotion they will then have to travel to teams in evo prem who won't just be based in yorkshire. So problem starts all over again


I see what you mean, hopefully that league would help bridge the gap though


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], hammertime and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group