It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:10 am 

goose wrote:
It's way too late to implement for next season but if enough are willing, 2019-20 could be a go-er.

I’m not too sure that’ll be the case. I personally think an EBAC Super NL covering the Northeast & North Yorkshire is never going to get off the ground. With all due respects, the travelling in the NL is tiny compared with most step 5 leagues. Now if you said the NL 1/2 were going to include North Yorkshire, then I’d think the FA would consider it. The Western league has a team from Devon & they have to travel to Gloucestershire! I’m sure anyone that’s ever driven to the southwest knows how long this takes. The Eastern Counties league have a team from Wisbech that has to travel on mainly minor roads to east Essex. The Midlands Football League has teams in Notts/Derbys that have to travel to Herefordshire & Shropshire. Beyond Worcestershire the roads are dreadful. The NCEL covers from north Lincs/Notts/Derbys all the way up to Pickering. It wouldn’t surprise me to see all the Cumbrian sides moved into the EBAC NL 1/2 & this would include Holker OB. So to be realistic, the clubs will have to travel to South & East Yorkshire at step 4 imo. This is on a par with most other step 4 leagues & the road network is pretty damn good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:03 am 

You cannot tell someone in higher authority their idea is no good by putting in your idea, which you think is better, without their idea being tested fully in operation first. Happened in my career in Local Government all the time when I saw people try to challenge Chief Officers views on restructuring.Bosses like to be in control and on this occasion the Northern League aren't the Boss, the FA are. I'm not saying the Northern League idea wasn't better than the FA's, it may have been, just that those in higher authority feel they know best and underlings don't.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:15 am 

the little fella wrote:
You cannot tell someone in higher authority their idea is no good by putting in your idea, which you think is better, without their idea being tested fully in operation first. Happened in my career in Local Government all the time when I saw people try to challenge Chief Officers views on restructuring.Bosses like to be in control and on this occasion the Northern League aren't the Boss, the FA are. I'm not saying the Northern League idea wasn't better than the FA's, it may have been, just that those in higher authority feel they know best and underlings don't.

The idea meant adding 3 North Yorkshire teams at best to the Super NL! It’s a minor adjustment & not a serious proposal. If you look at all the other step 4 leagues, they mostly cover the area of 2 step 5 leagues & this makes total sense to me. That’s why there’s a pyramid structure, with smaller amount of leagues at each level & double the travelling at each step. But I personally think that the NCEL is too large & should lose its Notts, Lincs & Derbys clubs. This would return the NCEL to the original Yorkshire League & that’s what the NL teams should face at step 4!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:57 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
the little fella wrote:

The idea meant adding 3 North Yorkshire teams at best to the Super NL! It’s a minor adjustment & not a serious proposal. If you look at all the other step 4 leagues, they mostly cover the area of 2 step 5 leagues & this makes total sense to me. That’s why there’s a pyramid structure, with smaller amount of leagues at each level & double the travelling at each step. But I personally think that the NCEL is too large & should lose its Notts, Lincs & Derbys clubs. This would return the NCEL to the original Yorkshire League & that’s what the NL teams should face at step 4!

Get the NCEL to propose that to the FA and see what happens.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:29 am 

I can see a league covering the north east and Yorkshire coming into place but run by the unibond league.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:12 pm 

2009vasewinner wrote:
I can see a league covering the north east and Yorkshire coming into place but run by the unibond league.

No such thing as the Unibond league. It is the NPL sponsored by Evo Stik.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 pm 

I'm sure with 4 step 3 divisions, 8 step 4s is the end goal, but they can't split the NPL First Division East and West until there are some east teams, so may take a few years of NL promotions.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:37 pm 

goose wrote:
I'm sure with 4 step 3 divisions, 8 step 4s is the end goal, but they can't split the NPL First Division East and West until there are some east teams, so may take a few years of NL promotions.

Unless the multiple promotions idea is rehashed & proposed by the FA!
I’m sure a new step 4 league will be opened up for tender & probably the NL & the NPL will both apply to run it. But a slightly bigger footprint covering the northeast & North Yorkshire isn’t going to happen. The northeast & Yorkshire as a whole is being more realistic.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:11 pm 

Yeah roughly the footprint covered by both NL (except Cumbria) and the NCEL combined.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:21 pm 

goose wrote:
Yeah roughly the footprint covered by both NL (except Cumbria) and the NCEL combined.

[hr]
Minus the north Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire & Lincolnshire clubs that are ex-NCEL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:26 pm 

Not sure about that as those clubs would be in the NPL footprint.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:45 pm 

goose wrote:
Not sure about that as those clubs would be in the NPL footprint.

If there’s a NPL1W & NPL1E. Then south of this could be a Midlands1W & Midlands1E. With the M1E covering Notts, Lincs, Derby, Leics & Cambs!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:08 pm 

Matlock, Mickleover, Buxton all NPL mainstays in Derbyshire. I think those counties will be split, at best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:06 am 

goose wrote:
Matlock, Mickleover, Buxton all NPL mainstays in Derbyshire. I think those counties will be split, at best.

[hr]
Buxton are closer to places like Glossop & New Mills. I’d imagine they could potentially be placed in the NPL1W. The other two would be placed in an Midlands 1E!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 am 

They wouldn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next