It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 12:10 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 am 

Windy,
Marske have a much better ppg but are involved in the later stages of the Vase so their ppg could easily get much worse should they rest players for the Vase and face a fixture backlog. Consett, should they finish in 2nd, their ppg would be last by some distance in the list of 2nd placed teams on ppg.
So if the 2nd placed ENL team should finish 13th or 14th in the ppg table, and only 26 are promoted as planned that would mean only 1 team automatically promoted from the ENL1. Might be a long shot but it is possible.
In that case, if it is 3 up 3 down then 21 teams will remain in the league. So would the FA then relegate 4 to reduce the league down to 20?[/quote]

I’m sure there are a lot of variables that the F.A. will consider & they’ve already pointed out that they’d look at lateral transfers before any extra relegations. I’d say that Northallerton or Penrith would be moved first!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:45 am 

If the appeal that the NL have put to the fa about creating a new level 4 in ne and Yorkshire succeeds then there surely will be no relegation from the NL at all.windy do know when the appeal is to be heard.afterall the fa offered the NL to try for a level 4 league.teams can't prepare at all for next season,no one knows how many will be relegated/promoted etc,it should be set in stone.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:01 am 

tenpole tudor wrote:
If the appeal that the NL have put to the fa about creating a new Therel 4 in ne and Yorkshire succeeds then there surely will be no relegation from the NL at all.windy do know when the appeal is to be heard.afterall the fa offered the NL to try for a level 4 league.teams can't prepare at all for next season,no one knows how many will be relegated/promoted etc,it should be set in stone.

Windy has already confirmed on Page 9 that the appeal will take place on 21st February

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:16 am 

tenpole tudor wrote:
If the appeal that the NL have put to the fa about creating a new level 4 in ne and Yorkshire succeeds then there surely will be no relegation from the NL at all.windy do know when the appeal is to be heard.afterall the fa offered the NL to try for a level 4 league.teams can't prepare at all for next season,no one knows how many will be relegated/promoted etc,it should be set in stone.

The appeal will be heard at Wembley on 21st February.
The NL1 will be one of the easier step 5 leagues to predict. The F.A. will reduce the league down to 20 clubs. This will be done by promoting the top 2. The NL2 is dependant on what happens with the teams applying from the feeder leagues. If Penrith are relegated, they will likely be laterally transferred to the NWCL1N. So you can’t make solid predictions on until the end of the season. If Boro Rangers, Birtley or Newcastle Uni & Redcar Athletic are all promoted & Penrith avoid the trap door, then the bottom 4 of the NL2 will be relegated.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:53 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
tenpole tudor wrote:

The NL1 will be one of the easier step 5 leagues to predict. The F.A. will reduce the league down to 20 clubs. This will be done by promoting the top 2. The NL2 is dependant on what happens with the teams applying from the feeder leagues. If Penrith are relegated, they will likely be laterally transferred to the NWCL1N. So you can’t make solid predictions on until the end of the season. If Boro Rangers, Birtley or Newcastle Uni & Redcar Athletic are all promoted & Penrith avoid the trap door, then the bottom 4 of the NL2 will be relegated.

How can 4 teams that in theory finish lower than the bottom 4 teams in Div 2 be promoted . That doesn't make sense

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
tenpole tudor wrote:

How can 4 teams that in theory finish lower than the bottom 4 teams in Div 2 be promoted . That doesn't make sense

I’m not sure what you mean! The F.A. controls promotion & relegation throughout the pyramid; steps 1-7 & those teams at step 7 are entitled to apply for promotion. So dependant on how many are successful, will determine how many teams from the NL2 are relegated. The NCEL & the NWCL both have 7 feeder leagues. So the NL are quite lucky tbh!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:24 pm 

All this restructure topic is interesting and views are varied and in some are entrenched. It does look like the F.A. will go ahead with their agenda. I hope they are also going to make bring forward ideas to invigorate the sorry state of local football below the pyramid after all a pyramid needs good foundations and at the moment where are the clubs to step up and keep the base strong how many local Saturday leagues are left in the North East. Clubs will be promoted up the system,clubs will fold, some may fold because they are promoted some may fold because of mismanagement they will need to be replaced.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:10 pm 

I don't believe any of the top 6 or 7 NL would fold if promoted but your point about lower leagues is spot on. Sunday football is on its deathbed and if you simply take the amount of u18 leagues as a guide and the NE is down to 3 or 4 from a dozen 30 year ago then Saturday football has to struggle as there's simply far less players coming through and it's showing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 pm 

If the top 2 refuse promotion are there any sanctions actually written in ink that will be imposed on those clubs? Would the FA not be satisfied by 2 other clubs taking promotion rather than the top 2 and without imposing any of the sanctions that are/aren’t written rules? Who want to go up apart from Bishops?, assuming that Bishops do?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 pm 

allets2010 wrote:
If the top 2 refuse promotion are there any sanctions actually written in ink that will be imposed on those clubs? Would the FA not be satisfied by 2 other clubs taking promotion rather than the top 2 and without imposing any of the sanctions that are/aren’t written rules? Who want to go up apart from Bishops?, assuming that Bishops do?
Not yet but
The Fa wrote:
with effect from 2019/20, any club ending the season in a promotion position but failing to move up, will suffer an enforced relegation.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
allets2010 wrote:
Not yet but
The Fa wrote:
with effect from 2019/20, any club ending the season in a promotion position but failing to move up, will suffer an enforced relegation.

Thanks Keith, so nobody is going up this year end of, 12pages of posts for nowt.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:38 pm 

allets2010 wrote:
el Queso Grande wrote:
allets2010 wrote:
Not yet but
The Fa wrote:

Thanks Keith, so nobody is going up this year end of, 12pages of posts for nowt.

What? There is ‘compulsory promotion’ from now on, with the champions & 12 best 2nd placed teams on a ppg’s basis being promoted this season! Keith mentioned the end of next season & the F.A. have clarified in the past couple of weeks that the champions ‘will’ be promoted from next season! You really need to read the F.A.’s rules & regs and not jump to conclusions! Keith hasn’t once said there’s no promotion this season! Do you think we’ve somehow been making it up ffs?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:56 pm 

If the top 2 refuse promotion are there any sanctions actually written in ink that will be imposed on those clubs? Would the FA not be satisfied by 2 other clubs taking promotion rather than the top 2 and without imposing any of the sanctions that are/aren’t written rules? Who want to go up apart from Bishops?, assuming that Bishops do?[/quote]

Relax windy, you seem to know everything about it, I’m just after clarification, in lehmans terms but with facts not opinions, can you answer my original questions please? Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:22 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Keith hasn’t once said there’s no promotion this season! Do you think we’ve somehow been making it up ffs?
Correct. I never said there will be no promotion, I just answered Steve's question about penalties for teams who refuse to take promotion.
As far as I understand, there will be no penalties at the end of this season.

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 am 

allets2010 wrote:

Relax windy, you seem to know everything about it, I’m just after clarification, in lehmans terms but with facts not opinions, can you answer my original questions please? Thanks.[/quote]

The F.A. have made it completely clear that there’s no escape route from automatic promotion.
The only way a team would avoid automatic promotion, is if that club resigned from the EBAC NL at the end of the season! I recommend that you read the centrefold of Nonleague paper from the 4/2/18 & it’s available online for subscription. The F.A. couldn’t have been more honest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next