It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:53 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Northern League Restructure Proposal
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:11 am 

but the question remains unanswered. What happens if a team in a top 2 position with a top 12 PPG ration refuses promotion at the end of this season and refuses to resign from the ENL (or any other league). It is Ok the FA saying that there is no escape route for the clubs in question but at the moment there is as there is no sanction in place to inform the club(s) of any consequences of their actions

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:32 am 

Cestrian wrote:
but the question remains unanswered. What happens if a team in a top 2 position with a top 12 PPG ration refuses promotion at the end of this season and refuses to resign from the ENL (or any other league). It is Ok the FA saying that there is no escape route for the clubs in question but at the moment there is as there is no sanction in place to inform the club(s) of any consequences of their actions

To be part of the pyramid, clubs & leagues accept the F.A. rules & regulations. Those regulations are agreed upon at the AGM’s. The F.A. will announce the constitutions in May/June & the clubs have no recourse. If the clubs refuse, then they’ll be without a league to play in. Because it’s the F.A. that sets the constitutions for steps 1-6. A club can’t just say we want to stay in the EBAC NL, because it’s the F.A. who builds the constitution of that league & all the other leagues.

Last edited by Windy1970 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:19 am 

Why's this even a question? All clubs knew the rules and if a club refuses promotion then the FA should deem they don't want to be part of the Pyramid and demote them to a league that's not in it, if there isn't one then they will have no league to play in and can find a friendly every week.

It's embarrassing clubs are even thinking this and if the NL support any club in an appeal then the league will be judged the same and thrown out the Pyramid, FA Cup and FA Vase.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:39 am 

Whole arguments Crazy win the league you get promoted its a NL problem they help create an FA should have took a stronger hand years ago as we all know Clubs winning the 1st Division have enough money for a bus for Travel . Not much getting said for the 3/4/5 Second Division teams (Relegation) who are paying the heaviest Price with Good people running clubs with little to no money but the rich clubs whinging cost they wont get home in time for take me out on a Saturday :) just my thoughts ..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:46 am 

Spot on SSOT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:44 am 

SSOT wrote:
Whole arguments Crazy win the league you get promoted its a NL problem they help create an FA should have took a stronger hand years ago as we all know Clubs winning the 1st Division have enough money for a bus for Travel . Not much getting said for the 3/4/5 Second Division teams (Relegation) who are paying the heaviest Price with Good people running clubs with little to no money but the rich clubs whinging cost they wont get home in time for take me out on a Saturday :) just my thoughts ..

If the F.A. agrees to implement a new step 4 league in the northeast for season 2019/20! Then any clubs relegated this season, will be swept back up the following season. I think new blood in the NL will actually strengthen it. If you look at the bottom of the NL2, there’s a few clubs that have been struggling for a few seasons or are even lucky to exist. Stockton & Blyth have shown that there’s some well run clubs below the NL. It’s also good that the NRL has started to improve and has clubs that want to develop.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm 

Yes totally agree but if the Northern league had always promoted the winning team those clubs in Alliance/Wearside would all now be in NL adds to my point no ones fault except NL/FA but now teams who want to keep there NL existence are putting money they don't have or found in trying to survive this season because looks like it could be mass relegation of 3/4 teams while all I'm seeing is the Clubs with money twisting about being promoted when I'm sure everyone was told at the AGM win the league your promoted come 2nd and there is a good chance you will go up as one of the 2nd placed sides been a good discussion fun to read but thought I would add my thoughts on it being a local nonleague supporter and not affiliated with any one club.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:36 pm 

SSOT wrote:
Yes totally agree but if the Northern league had always promoted the winning team those clubs in Alliance/Wearside would all now be in NL adds to my point no ones fault except NL/FA but now teams who want to keep there NL existence are putting money they don't have or found in trying to survive this season because looks like it could be mass relegation of 3/4 teams while all I'm seeing is the Clubs with money twisting about being promoted when I'm sure everyone was told at the AGM win the league your promoted come 2nd and there is a good chance you will go up as one of the 2nd placed sides been a good discussion fun to read but thought I would add my thoughts on it being a local nonleague supporter and not affiliated with any one club.

Was it said at the AGM? Were sanctions agreed?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:41 pm 

I’ve just sort clarification from the F.A.! Promotion is mandatory & clubs promoted from step 5, will be placed into the relevant step 4 league. If a club didn’t want to go up, they would have to appeal the decision to the F.A.
The F.A. intentionally added the ruling, that clubs who wanted to be considered for non-promotion, had until the 31 August 2017 to register this! Not a single club in the country registered there intentions to the F.A. that they didn’t want to be considered for promotion.
The F.A. also stated at the time, that they would only take it into consideration & that mandatory promotion will be part of the rules & regs from now on! If Morpeth wants to take this legal, they will lose & that’s why the F.A. have created a watertight ruling.
If teams don’t want to be promoted, then don’t win the leagues!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:41 pm 

allets2010 wrote:
SSOT wrote:

Was it said at the AGM? Were sanctions agreed?

Not sure that would make a difference as it’s decided by the FA and not the NL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:48 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
I’ve just sort clarification from the F.A.! Promotion is mandatory & clubs promoted from step 5, will be placed into the relevant step 4 league. If a club didn’t want to go up, they would have to appeal the decision to the F.A.
The F.A. intentionally added the ruling, that clubs who wanted to be considered for non-promotion, had until the 31 August 2017 to register this! Not a single club in the country registered there intentions to the F.A. that they didn’t want to be considered for promotion.
The F.A. also stated at the time, that they would only take it into consideration & that mandatory promotion will be part of the rules & regs from now on! If Morpeth wants to take this legal, they will lose & that’s why the F.A. have created a watertight ruling.
If teams don’t want to be promoted, then don’t win the leagues!

Tremendous, thanks for taking the time to do that.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:47 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
Why's this even a question? All clubs knew the rules and if a club refuses promotion then the FA should deem they don't want to be part of the Pyramid and demote them to a league that's not in it, if there isn't one then they will have no league to play in and can find a friendly every week.

It's embarrassing clubs are even thinking this and if the NL support any club in an appeal then the league will be judged the same and thrown out the Pyramid, FA Cup and FA Vase.

Totally agree ...great post . If any club is thinking this then they should raise their head above the parapet now...otherwise accept that promotion is happening.. and be grateful they have thousands a week to throw around in players

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:42 am 

Ok everybody is talking about the If’s & Buts what may happen if a club refuses promotion and the likely look of any new league, What’s peoples thoughts about the respect or lack of respect for the Northern League and promoted club will have in about 8 months from now, This could have massive implications on everyone associated with the Northern League, I have my own opinion on how the outside world will look upon North East Football.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:33 am 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Ok everybody is talking about the If’s & Buts what may happen if a club refuses promotion and the likely look of any new league, What’s peoples thoughts about the respect or lack of respect for the Northern League and promoted club will have in about 8 months from now, This could have massive implications on everyone associated with the Northern League, I have my own opinion on how the outside world will look upon North East Football.

Not really sure what you mean, the NL is just a part of the pyramid, why would this mean you have a lack of respect for it

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:47 am 

england wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:

Not really sure what you mean, the NL is just a part of the pyramid, why would this mean you have a lack of respect for it

Is the Northern League really apart of the Pyramid system??, Well lets put it this way, If in a few months from now the Northern League and the promoted club refuse promotion, Then in my eyes The Northern League is NOT apart of any pyramid system, And hopefully as from the 2018/19 season ALL Northern League clubs are refused entry in the FA Cup & FA Vase, Just my opinion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next