It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:21 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 56
Windy1970 wrote:
aidan's father wrote:
Newcastle University won the title last night and will be presumably plying their trade in the Northern League next season, looking forward to finding out where they'll be playing their games.

Groundshare at Birtley?


Thats actually quite funny Windy, even though there is no chance i admire your humor. You cant ground-share to gain promotion, Oh wait a minute!!

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
bigcbeat wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
aidan's father wrote:
Newcastle University won the title last night and will be presumably plying their trade in the Northern League next season, looking forward to finding out where they'll be playing their games.

Groundshare at Birtley?


Thats actually quite funny Windy, even though there is no chance i admire your humor. You cant ground-share to gain promotion, Oh wait a minute!!


I thought they would be the only tenants at Prudhoe? If I’m correct, then they haven’t groundshared with anyone. Whether they’ve got a secure tenancy agreement? Well that’s another matter & we’ll find out in about 3 weeks time....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 56
What will be will be. I cant see how a secure and legally binding agreement could have been presented to the FA by 31st March when they only asked Prudhoe after Druids fell through on the 27th March.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
bigcbeat wrote:
What will be will be. I cant see how a secure and legally binding agreement could have been presented to the FA by 31st March when they only asked Prudhoe after Druids fell through on the 27th March.



What actual checks are carried out on these matters. Do Clubs "self certify" they have the suitable security and that's it ?

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 56
Wack wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
What will be will be. I cant see how a secure and legally binding agreement could have been presented to the FA by 31st March when they only asked Prudhoe after Druids fell through on the 27th March.



What actual checks are carried out on these matters. Do Clubs "self certify" they have the suitable security and that's it ?

No idea Wack. i am sure someone knows though :? :?

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 11:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:23 pm
Posts: 45
According to the NA website, Newcastle UNI play at Longbenton sports complex which is less than half a mile to Team North and West Allotments old ground. Just a thought....

_________________
INTERPOL: MARAUDER:

NOW YOU SEE ME AT WORK/THE ROVER.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 56
Thats correct, 15 mile from Prudhoe the latest application.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 8:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:05 pm
Posts: 117
bigcbeat wrote:
Thats correct, 15 mile from Prudhoe the latest application.

Stinks Colin,clubs should have their own grounds in place to gain promotion not anyone elses.until the fa do something about this then im afraid it will happen year after year.also clubs in the league without a ground should be given a maximum of two seasons to sort.obviously only my opinion.hope yous at birtley appeal as it seems it all boils down to money again.the uni will have bucket loads,why not develop Cochrane park?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 9:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:46 pm
Posts: 0
Looking like Brandon will be saved from relegation then,lucky so and sos[/quote]

As the league rules state the bottom two of the second division face relegation subject to there being two teams who fit the criteria for promotion to replace them .
As Brandon finished 3rd bottom they are not relegation candidates and if they find themselves relegated under some FA restructure i would consder them unlucky so and sos .


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:25 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:56 pm
Posts: 170
Location: Billingham
Brandon wrote:

As the league rules state the bottom two of the second division face relegation subject to there being two teams who fit the criteria for promotion to replace them .
As Brandon finished 3rd bottom they are not relegation candidates and if they find themselves relegated under some FA restructure i would consder them unlucky so and sos .


I thought it was changed to 3 up/3 down between the 2nd division and one from each of the feeder leagues?

_________________
www.billinghamtownfc.net
www.twitter.com/BillinghamTown
www.facebook.com/BillinghamTownFootballClub/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 56
kays mate wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Thats correct, 15 mile from Prudhoe the latest application.

Stinks Colin,clubs should have their own grounds in place to gain promotion not anyone elses.until the fa do something about this then im afraid it will happen year after year.also clubs in the league without a ground should be given a maximum of two seasons to sort.obviously only my opinion.hope yous at birtley appeal as it seems it all boils down to money again.the uni will have bucket loads,why not develop Cochrane park?

It certainly aint fair , You know how much time and effort we have went through this year not to mention the money spent to fetch our ground up to spec . We actually had an email from graders to say they were amazed at the turn around fro the last one 2 years ago. We had to extend our Hard stand by 10 cm which cost a fortune, 3 new toilets, water and electricity into our clubhouse which we are well chuffed with btw. Its just soul destroying tbh. And as you rightly say its opened the door for anyone who wants to basicaly put a decent team together and a year later share a ground and they are up.
The Wearside League could accept a brand new team who win it first go then go to a northern league ground and offer money to share. How do you think Boldon or West end would feel if they finished behind and had there own ground only to miss out.

The worst thing about this whole thing is 3 ground nominations between Deadline in December and 28th march.
We are definitely watching to see what happens come June

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 56
Do these scenarios actually still stand

Below are the various scenarios  
Scenario 1: 1 club relegated from step 4. 2 clubs promoted to step 4. For Division One: Up to 4 clubs would be relegated to step 6. For Division Two: If there are no promotion candidates from step 7 (the feeder leagues) two clubs will be relegated to step 7. For every successful candidate from step 7, an additional club would be relegated to step 7.
Scenario 2: 1 club relegated from step 4, 1 club promoted to step 4. For Division One: Up to 5 clubs would be relegated to step 6. For Division Two: If there are no promotion candidates from step 7 three clubs will be relegated to step 7. For every successful candidate from step 7, an additional club would be relegated to step 7
Scenario 3: 0 clubs relegated from step 4, 2 clubs promoted to step 4. For Division One: As per the league rule, 3 relegated to Division Two, 3 promoted to Division One. For Division Two: If there are no promotion candidates from step 7 one club will be relegated to step 7. For every successful candidate from step 7, an additional club would be relegated to step 7.
Scenario 4: 0 clubs relegated from step 4, 1 club promoted to step 4. For Division One: Up to 4 clubs would be relegated to step 6. For Division Two: If there are no promotion candidates from step 7 two clubs will be relegated to step 7. For every successful candidate from step 7, an additional club would be relegated to step 7.

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
bigcbeat wrote:
Do these scenarios actually still stand

Below are the various scenarios  
Scenario 1: 1 club relegated from step 4. 2 clubs promoted to step 4. For Division One: Up to 4 clubs would be relegated to step 6. For Division Two: If there are no promotion candidates from step 7 (the feeder leagues) two clubs will be relegated to step 7. For every successful candidate from step 7, an additional club would be relegated to step 7.
Scenario 2: 1 club relegated from step 4, 1 club promoted to step 4. For Division One: Up to 5 clubs would be relegated to step 6. For Division Two: If there are no promotion candidates from step 7 three clubs will be relegated to step 7. For every successful candidate from step 7, an additional club would be relegated to step 7
Scenario 3: 0 clubs relegated from step 4, 2 clubs promoted to step 4. For Division One: As per the league rule, 3 relegated to Division Two, 3 promoted to Division One. For Division Two: If there are no promotion candidates from step 7 one club will be relegated to step 7. For every successful candidate from step 7, an additional club would be relegated to step 7.
Scenario 4: 0 clubs relegated from step 4, 1 club promoted to step 4. For Division One: Up to 4 clubs would be relegated to step 6. For Division Two: If there are no promotion candidates from step 7 two clubs will be relegated to step 7. For every successful candidate from step 7, an additional club would be relegated to step 7.

The F.A. added to the scenarios that they will always use lateral transfers if at all possible


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 4:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Redcar Athletic have won the Wearside league & will be promoted


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 6:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Windy1970 wrote:
Redcar Athletic have won the Wearside league & will be promoted

The F.A. League Committee meeting is on the 23rd May & I believe the F.A. will inform the league’s on the 27th May.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group