It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:01 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 am 

Whickham's Twitter feed on Saturday referred to them making the 'long trip North' to play at Alnwick. They also made the joke of being in Scotland, which wore thin pretty quickly after regular repetition. If the Northern League clubs are to be forced into promotion and relegation it'll be kicking and screaming, no doubt about that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:32 pm 

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Or you’ve just missed the guy who does their Twitters sense of Humour.

Although WFC are not likely to have to worry about Promotion out the NL just yet, although I’d guess they’d love to be out the 2nd division asap, his tongue in cheek comments won’t reflect the clubs views on anything and they have a fantastic relationship with the top people up at Alnwick. Long may he continue to run an excellent Twitter feed and throw in the odd tongue in cheek comment as he does as I think it’s one of the better club twitter feeds because of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:57 pm 

Chinny wrote:
what ground do they play at? I don't remember many grounds in the old Teesside League being very good

They play at the Herlingshaw centre at Eston. It has floodlights & changing facilities. But requires a stand, hard standing & turnstiles. These will be in place by the 19/20 season, so the only way I can see them going up is if they become joint tenants at a ground for a single season(this isn’t a groundshare agreement & passes the ground grading regs)!
Redcar Town need hard standing I believe & will probably apply next season. Apart from that there’s very little. That’s why I personally believe it wouldn’t be the worst thing for teams to be transferred from the Wearside league. That are interested in being promoted to the EBAC NL.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:49 pm 

I don't think they could become "joint tenants" at a ground for a year to gain promotion. I don't think that would be allowed by the ENL as it is a ground share to gain promotion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:55 pm 

I also thought "suitable security" is required.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:03 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Chinny wrote:
what ground do they play at? I don't remember many grounds in the old Teesside League being very good

They play at the Herlingshaw centre at Eston. It has floodlights & changing facilities. But requires a stand, hard standing & turnstiles. These will be in place by the 19/20 season, so the only way I can for e them going up is if they become joint tenants at a ground for a single season(this isn’t a groundshare agreement & passes the ground grading regs)!
Redcar Town need hard standing I believe & will probably apply next season. Apart from that there’s very little. That’s why I personally believe it wouldn’t be the worst thing for teams to be transferred from the Wearside league. That are interested in being promoted to the EBAC NL.

Can of worms opened there. What's the difference between a ground share and a joint tenancy? If a joint tenancy agreement for a new ground qualifies you for promotion how come this has not been open public knowledge? I fully accept if you are already in a joint tenancy agreement and sharing the ground that it would meet promotion criteria. If Boro Rangers have spotted a loophole then good luck to them.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:53 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Chinny wrote:

They play at the Herlingshaw centre at Eston. It has floodlights & changing facilities. But requires a stand, hard standing & turnstiles. These will be in place by the 19/20 season, so the only way I can for e them going up is if they become joint tenants at a ground for a single season(this isn’t a groundshare agreement & passes the ground grading regs)!

Can of worms opened there. What's the difference between a ground share and a joint tenancy? If a joint tenancy agreement for a new ground qualifies you for promotion how come this has not been open public knowledge? I fully accept if you are already in a joint tenancy agreement and sharing the ground that it would meet promotion criteria. If Boro Rangers have spotted a loophole then good luck to them.

There is a loophole in the rules & regs and any ground grader will tell you this. Two teams utilitised this loophole last season & were promoted. Pinchbeck Utd from the Peterborough & District league. Were playing on a park pitch. They were able to sort a joint tenancy with Spalding Council to be equal tenants at the ground Spalding Utd play at. They were promoted to the United Counties League(step 6)and played there first game there in August(after promotion).
FC Bolsover organised with the local council a joint tenancy at the ground used by Shirebrook Town. They moved in halfway through the season & this passed the ground grading regs. They were promoted from the Central Midlands league North, upto the Northern Counties East League.
A groundshare means you are either junior tenants or sub tenants! I hope this clarifies the F.A.’s rules & regs?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:57 pm 

Wack wrote:
I also thought "suitable security" is required.

You need at least 12 months suitable security. Obviously Boro Rangers would have to submit proof that they had dates booked for the developments & the finances to do them all. So the F.A. Know they aren’t blagging it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:58 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
I don't think they could become "joint tenants" at a ground for a year to gain promotion. I don't think that would be allowed by the ENL as it is a ground share to gain promotion

Like I’ve explained, it isn’t a groundshare!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:24 am 

Looks like a ground share to me and it looks like a ground share to gain a promotion. Loophole or not it needs looking at

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:55 am 

Cestrian wrote:
Looks like a ground share to me and it looks like a ground share to gain a promotion. Loophole or not it needs looking at

It’s technically not a groundshare & I can assure you of that

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:00 am 

Its not me anyone especially a club has to assure - it is the ENL management committee!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:04 am 

All very confusing this ground share situation. Are Durham not ground sharing ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:31 am 

Yes Durham are ground sharing at Willington. This is the other argument about ground sharing, you cannot put in place a ground share to allow you to gain promotion but you can once you are in put a ground share in place to keep your place in the league even if you have no planes in place to build / renovate / re-furbish a ground of your own. Now we hear of joint tenancies where if a ground is a 50-50 jointly owned and the sub tenants have all the necessary in place to have a new ground it seems they CAN "ground share" for a certain period of time to gain a promotion. All a little complicated maybe too complicated for us north eastern folk 8) :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:52 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Its not me anyone especially a club has to assure - it is the ENL management committee!!!

You’re wrong, the ENL committee have no influence over the outcome of this or whether a reserve team applies to join the league. It always the F.A.L.C. that decides on the outcome & no one else!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next