It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:23 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:08 pm
Posts: 0
Windy1970 wrote:
Wack wrote:
It seems to me the Club that wins the league is still going to have the choice of promotion for the next 2 season, I thought it was mandatory at the end of the season...seems this is not the case. There will be several relieved Clubs after this announcement

Morpeth will still be home for tea all next season by the looks of it

This seasons promotion has been set in stone by the FA & Mike has pointed this out on his blog. What needed changing was the FA’s rules & regs for after this restructuring season. He’s 100% correct in everything he’s saying. The whole restructuring has failed to address the real issues at steps 3/4 & done nothing for step 5.


Not the way I read it-

"It's confirmed that all step 5 and 6 leagues - our level - will have 20 clubs from next season, that the champions and 12 of the 14 runners-up will be promoted and that, from 2019-20, a club declining promotion will be relegated. Sport or bullying?"

To me thats confirmed as The league having 20 clubs next season being set in stone, not that clubs will be mandatory promoted this season. I read that as clubs having the option to opt out without repercussions until 19/20.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Not the way I read it-

"It's confirmed that all step 5 and 6 leagues - our level - will have 20 clubs from next season, that the champions and 12 of the 14 runners-up will be promoted and that, from 2019-20, a club declining promotion will be relegated. Sport or bullying?"

To me thats confirmed as The league having 20 clubs next season being set in stone, not that clubs will be mandatory promoted this season. I read that as clubs having the option to opt out without repercussions until 19/20.[/quote]
I’ve already had a confirmation email from the FA & this season is compulsory promotion for the 14 champions & the 12 ppg 2nd placed sides.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:12 am
Posts: 2
Location: Redcar
the little fella wrote:
Windy1970, you've mixed up Redcar Town of the North Riding Football League with Redcar Athletic of the Wearside League there. I would point out to you that there are 3 North Riding F.A. registered teams in the Wearside League. But what you may also not be aware of is there are 2 Durham F.A. registered teams currently in the North Riding Football League. So if the North Riding F.A. registered teams are to be moved across to the North Riding Football League then the Wearside League will be expecting to have the Durham F.A. registered teams transferred across to them. Not so straightforward as it seems this non-league football lark.


TLF. Billingham Town Reserves resigned from the NRFL last month which leaves Stockton West End as the only team in the league North of the Tees.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Chevron7 wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Windy1970, you've mixed up Redcar Town of the North Riding Football League with Redcar Athletic of the Wearside League there. I would point out to you that there are 3 North Riding F.A. registered teams in the Wearside League. But what you may also not be aware of is there are 2 Durham F.A. registered teams currently in the North Riding Football League. So if the North Riding F.A. registered teams are to be moved across to the North Riding Football League then the Wearside League will be expecting to have the Durham F.A. registered teams transferred across to them. Not so straightforward as it seems this non-league football lark.


TLF. Billingham Town Reserves resigned from the NRFL last month which leaves Stockton West End as the only team in the league North of the Tees.

I’m not sure there’s going to be a root & branch change straight away. But there’s one Wearside league team that literally drives passed every single NRL side. I’d have thought a red dot will be against there name on the NLS mapping review lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
Chevron7 wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Windy1970, you've mixed up Redcar Town of the North Riding Football League with Redcar Athletic of the Wearside League there. I would point out to you that there are 3 North Riding F.A. registered teams in the Wearside League. But what you may also not be aware of is there are 2 Durham F.A. registered teams currently in the North Riding Football League. So if the North Riding F.A. registered teams are to be moved across to the North Riding Football League then the Wearside League will be expecting to have the Durham F.A. registered teams transferred across to them. Not so straightforward as it seems this non-league football lark.


TLF. Billingham Town Reserves resigned from the NRFL last month which leaves Stockton West End as the only team in the league North of the Tees.

Isn't Yarm and Eaglescliffe North of the Tees?

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:17 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
the little fella wrote:
Chevron7 wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Windy1970, you've mixed up Redcar Town of the North Riding Football League with Redcar Athletic of the Wearside League there. I would point out to you that there are 3 North Riding F.A. registered teams in the Wearside League. But what you may also not be aware of is there are 2 Durham F.A. registered teams currently in the North Riding Football League. So if the North Riding F.A. registered teams are to be moved across to the North Riding Football League then the Wearside League will be expecting to have the Durham F.A. registered teams transferred across to them. Not so straightforward as it seems this non-league football lark.


TLF. Billingham Town Reserves resigned from the NRFL last month which leaves Stockton West End as the only team in the league North of the Tees.

Isn't Yarm and Eaglescliffe North of the Tees?

The FA’s aim is to reduce the travelling within the NLS. The Teesside league teams probably don’t need to be moved. The Wearside is spread over a vast area for step 7. If Cleator Moor are promoted, then there are 3 current WL sides that stick out & they’re Windscale, Redcar Athletic & Richmond Town. I maybe wrong, but are Windscale considering resigning from step 7 football? I remember someone mentioning something a while back, but things change weekly at this level.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:43 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 78
the little fella wrote:
Isn't Yarm and Eaglescliffe North of the Tees?


Heresy!

Yarm is proudly Yorkshire, even if the Post Office give a Stockton address.

And they are members of the North Riding FA, so count as “ south of the Tees”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 3:30 pm
Posts: 182
Location: Lab 207
So can I just clarify. At the end of this season the winners and runners up in the ENL will be compulsorily promoted (subject to runners up being one of the 12 best records) making 20 teams!!. There will be three teams promoted from the second division to the first and three teams relegated form ENL1 to ENL2. Will three teams be promoted from the three feeder leagues to ENL2 therefore three teams relegated. Will promotions from feeders still be on a basis of a satisfactory ground grading or does any team have the option of getting their ground ENL2 ready by march of the following year whilst playing in Division 2? Confused - you will be :?

_________________
CESTRIANS


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
Cestrian wrote:
So can I just clarify. At the end of this season the winners and runners up in the ENL will be compulsorily promoted (subject to runners up being one of the 12 best records) making 20 teams!!. There will be three teams promoted from the second division to the first and three teams relegated form ENL1 to ENL2. Will three teams be promoted from the three feeder leagues to ENL2 therefore three teams raccordiWill promotions from feeders still be on a basis of a satisfactory ground grading or does any team have the option of getting their ground ENL2 ready by march of the following year whilst playing in Division 2? Confused - you will be :?

As far as I'm aware there has been no change for the promotion criteria from Step 7 to Step 6. What Windy1970 is pointing out is that if Cleator Moor Celtic win the Wearside League and pass the ground criteria they will promoted to the new league in the North West and not the Northern League. The runner-up say if it was my team Redcar Athletic, If that were to happen would not be promoted to the Northern League and according to Windy1970 are a prime target to be then moved across to the North Riding League. Windy1970 also says no team will apply for promotion from the North Riding League so if that all happens then only 1 team will be promoted to the Northern League and that team would come from the Northern Alliance League. But if Cleator Moor Celtic either don't win the Wearside League or fail on the ground criteria then ignore everything I've written before this sentence because it's all change. You're still confused then aren't you?

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 7:46 am
Posts: 57
the little fella wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
So can I just clarify. At the end of this season the winners and runners up in the ENL will be compulsorily promoted (subject to runners up being one of the 12 best records) making 20 teams!!. There will be three teams promoted from the second division to the first and three teams relegated form ENL1 to ENL2. Will three teams be promoted from the three feeder leagues to ENL2 therefore three teams raccordiWill promotions from feeders still be on a basis of a satisfactory ground grading or does any team have the option of getting their ground ENL2 ready by march of the following year whilst playing in Division 2? Confused - you will be :?

As far as I'm aware there has been no change for the promotion criteria from Step 7 to Step 6. What Windy1970 is pointing out is that if Cleator Moor Celtic win the Wearside League and pass the ground criteria they will promoted to the new league in the North West and not the Northern League. The runner-up say if it was my team Redcar Athletic, If that were to happen would not be promoted to the Northern League and according to Windy1970 are a prime target to be then moved across to the North Riding League. Windy1970 also says no team will apply for promotion from the North Riding League so if that all happens then only 1 team will be promoted to the Northern League and that team would come from the Northern Alliance League. But if Cleator Moor Celtic either don't win the Wearside League or fail on the ground criteria then ignore everything I've written before this sentence because it's all change. You're still confused then aren't you?


He might not be but i am :lol: :lol:

_________________
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/birtleytownfc
C'mon the hoops....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Cestrian wrote:
So can I just clarify. At the end of this season the winners and runners up in the ENL will be compulsorily promoted (subject to runners up being one of the 12 best records) making 20 teams!!. There will be three teams promoted from the second division to the first and three teams relegated form ENL1 to ENL2. Will three teams be promoted from the three feeder leagues to ENL2 therefore three teams relegated. Will promotions from feeders still be on a basis of a satisfactory ground grading or does any team have the option of getting their ground ENL2 ready by march of the following year whilst playing in Division 2? Confused - you will be :?

I personally think Penrith will be laterally moved to the new NWCL1N if they’re relegated. So this could reduce the relegations from the EBAC NL2. I asked the FA if the promotion criteria could be changed for promotion from step 7 this season. They are looking to fill two new step 6 leagues. One in the northwest & one in Essex/East Anglia. They said the two things that could look at, are the top 5 finish & the single promotion from each step 7 league. But like two seasons ago, they only look to add to leagues that are short of clubs & not promote extra clubs to step 6 leagues that are already full. Because they’d have to relegate a club just to promote an extra one. An example is if Redcar Athletic were runners up to Cleator Moor Celtic. Now if Redcar were to win the league & Cleator Moor Celtic finished outside the top 5 & passed the ground grading. I believe that both clubs would be promoted. Because they have to abide by F.A. rules & regs. Unless there are specific circumstances that allow them to do otherwise. i.e. creating a new league & filling it up. The F.A. have also stated that there will be numerous lateral transfers from around the pyramid this season. So instead of reducing all the leagues to 20 clubs each & potentially relegating extra teams. The F.A. will be looking to laterally transfer clubs to fill other leagues up first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:58 am
Posts: 4
Yarm & Eaglescliffe play in Yarm at Conyers School. However, we're looking at the possibilities of a pitch in either Yarm or Eaglescliffe.

We're very happy in the North Riding League


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:45 pm
Posts: 104
Location: By The Seaside
AllyGB wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Isn't Yarm and Eaglescliffe North of the Tees?


Heresy!

Yarm is proudly Yorkshire, even if the Post Office give a Stockton address.

And they are members of the North Riding FA, so count as “ south of the Tees”

Blimey sorry mate I am wro ng. I honestly never knew Yarm was in the North Riding of Yorkshire. It is indeed on the South bank of the River Tees. Confused obviously by the Post Office connecting it with Stockton on Tees. So Chevron7's post saying only 1 Durham FA registered club left in North Riding is then also right.

_________________
And you thought only Lazarus raised from the dead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 31
Boro Rangers from the NRL have applied for promotion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:16 pm
Posts: 24
Location: Newcastle
what ground do they play at? I don't remember many grounds in the old Teesside League being very good


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 207 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group