It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am 

They’ve only released the information on which clubs have applied up to now & yes the FA releases the full list in January.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 pm 

Newcastle Uni will no doubt be applying from alliance aswel

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:35 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
The FA announced which teams had already applied for promotion from step 7 yesterday & up to now only Birtley Town have applied from the 3 feeder leagues.
It’s almost certain that no teams will apply from the NRL. Or if they do, then as things stand they won’t pass the ground grading regs.
I’m aware that several other clubs are in the process of filling in there online applications & have until the 31st December to submit there applications.
The FA usually releases the information about which clubs have applied by the middle of January.

Redcar Town will apply, will finish in an appropriate position and will pass ground grading in my opinion

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:55 pm 

andy_pool wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
as he FA announced which teams had already applied for promotion from step 7 yesterday & up to now only Birtley Town have applied from the 3 feeder leagues.
It’s almost certain that no teams will apply from the NRL. Or if tc do, then as things stand they won’t pass the ground grading regs.
I’m aware that several other clubs are in the process of filling in there online applications & have until the 31st December to submit there applications.
The FA usually releases the information about which clubs have applied by the middle of January.

Redcar Town will apply, will finish in an appropriate position and will pass ground grading in my opinion

Windy1970 has given more information as to why no clubs will apply for promotion from the North Riding Football League on the nonleaguematters website. We'll find out for certain how accurate Windy1970's statement is this time in just over a couple of weeks, but he's well connected and tends to be 99% right when posting such matters.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:34 pm 

andy_pool wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
The FA announced which teams had already applied for promotion from step 7 yesterday & up to now only Birtley Town have applied from the 3 feeder leagues.
It’s almost certain that no teams will apply from the NRL. Or if they do, then as things stand they won’t pass the ground grading regs.

I have no doubts they’ll do all those things. But they also know that things aren’t always fair & 2nd place probably won’t be enough for them to be promoted. Just as it wasn’t two seasons ago, if that’s the case & promotion is there number one priority. This is my honest opinion! If the FA were after teams moving to the NRL at the end of this season. Then I’d seriously consider it. It might end up only be a single season stint. The FA will not allow the NRL to lose its step 7 status!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:08 pm 

Windy1970, you've mixed up Redcar Town of the North Riding Football League with Redcar Athletic of the Wearside League there. I would point out to you that there are 3 North Riding F.A. registered teams in the Wearside League. But what you may also not be aware of is there are 2 Durham F.A. registered teams currently in the North Riding Football League. So if the North Riding F.A. registered teams are to be moved across to the North Riding Football League then the Wearside League will be expecting to have the Durham F.A. registered teams transferred across to them. Not so straightforward as it seems this non-league football lark.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 6:51 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Windy1970, you've mixed up Redcar Town of the North Riding Football League with Redcar Athletic of the Wearside League there. I would point out to you that there are 3 North Riding F.A. registered teams in the Wearside League. But what you may also not be aware of is there are 2 Durham F.A. registered teams currently in the North Riding Football League. So if the North Riding F.A. registered teams are to be moved across to the North Riding Football League then the Wearside League will be expecting to have the Durham F.A. registered teams transferred across to them. Not so straightforward as it seems this non-league football lark.

Oops sorry about that. Redcar Town aren’t going to apply. They’ve got certain ground developments to do & will probably be in a better position next season. As for the NLS review, I don’t expect the FALC to complete all there wishes in one step. I expect a gradual change & it also depends on how many EBAC NL2 teams are relegated. Also where they are from in the region.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:45 pm 

Having just read todays Mike Amos email which states that it will be 2019/20 before the FA will punish those who knock back promotion from the Northern league, can we assume it will be a few seasons before there is any movement to higher leagues? -Or because its part of a national restructuring , will there be any movement on the likes of Bishops, Consett and other ambitious clubs being allowed to take a promotion instead?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:45 pm 

Onwardsnupwards wrote:
Having just read todays Mike Amos email which states that it will be 2019/20 before the FA will punish those who knock back promotion from the Northern league, can we assume it will be a few seasons before there is any movement to higher leagues? -Or because its part of a national restructuring , will there be any movement on the likes of Bishops, Consett and other ambitious clubs being allowed to take a promotion instead?

How can teams actually 'not take promotion', and what kind of punishment could they get ?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:53 pm 

And if a club(s) decline promotion does the next highest finishers get the opportunity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:19 pm 

Steve H wrote:
Onwardsnupwards wrote:

How can teams actually 'not take promotion', and what kind of punishment could they get ?

From 2019/2020 if a club refuses promotion from a promotion position they will be relegated , why they can’t do that this season is beyond me .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:31 pm 

It seems to me the Club that wins the league is still going to have the choice of promotion for the next 2 season, I thought it was mandatory at the end of the season...seems this is not the case. There will be several relieved Clubs after this announcement

Morpeth will still be home for tea all next season by the looks of it

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:59 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
And if a club(s) decline promotion does the next highest finishers get the opportunity

That was my question..Looks like the FA will offer promotion only to the top two, so once again the leagues above will be bolstered by Yorks and Lancs clubs. The emphasis of the recent meeting should of been on proposing promoting those who are willing to go up first, so that the area has a foothold in the new league structure, then hopefully in a couple of seasons time the top of the table sides might be more favourable to going up.
One other thing, I can see clubs choosing relegation over promotion..A Vase ban would have held more sway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:22 pm 

Wack wrote:
It seems to me the Club that wins the league is still going to have the choice of promotion for the next 2 season, I thought it was mandatory at the end of the season...seems this is not the case. There will be several relieved Clubs after this announcement

Morpeth will still be home for tea all next season by the looks of it

This seasons promotion has been set in stone by the FA & Mike has pointed this out on his blog. What needed changing was the FA’s rules & regs for after this restructuring season. He’s 100% correct in everything he’s saying. The whole restructuring has failed to address the real issues at steps 3/4 & done nothing for step 5.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:48 pm 

so this season the lge winners have to take promotion and 2nd place as well(as things stand) but next season the winners can refuse and be relegated.. is that correct???

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next