It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:23 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:19 am 

Has anyone any idea at all on how many teams will go up from 1st division?
How many teams will be promoted from Wearside and Alliance Leagues? And will the bottom 2 face relegation? Hearing quite a few rumors but nothing official as yet to say exactly whats happening. :?

Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:38 am 

probs 1 up...2 relegated from div 1...3 promoted from div 2.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:29 am 

local lad wrote:

NL1 will almost certainly promote 2 clubs & at the moment that is the case.
The FA have updated the rules & regs. So both the NL1 & NL2 'will be' reduced down to a maximum of 20 clubs.
So the bottom 3 NL1 will be relegated & replaced by the NL2 top 3 teams.
If Penrith are relegated, then they'll almost certainly be laterally transferred to the new NWCL1 North division. Mike Amos has already wrote a bit about this in his blog.
That'll leave the NL2 with exactly 20 clubs. Now the FA decides how many clubs are relegated or laterally transferred to other step 5/6 leagues. This allows more than 2 clubs to be relegated from the NL2. So there's always an outside chance that Northallerton Town may be laterally transferred to the NCEL.
If Cleator Moor Celtic wins the Wearside, they'll be placed in the NWCL & have already contacted that league.(with another NWCL Div1 being created next season. Clubs can contact that league & show interest). If they achieve a top 5 place, but don't win that league then they'll also be promoted & this will also allow the FA to promote another Wearside League club & they will almost certainly be placed into the EBAC NL.
The Northern Alliance will probably have 2 applicants this season & they're Birtley & Newcastle Uni. So it all depends on whether they pass the ground grading & achieve a top 5 position.
The North Riding League will have 1 or 2 applicants, they're Boro Rangers & Redcar Town. The rules & regs apply as to the NA.
The days of there being only 2 feeder leagues into the EBAC NL are over. If a team applied for promotion, achieves a minimum top 5 position & passes the ground grading. Then they will be promoted. The caveat is that only one team be promoted per step 7 league(unless the FA has a moratorium for a specific reason: i.e. creating extra step 6 leagues)!
But if only 1 NL1 club achieves promotion & Penrith avoids the trap door. The FA's new rules allow the bottom 4 to be relegated. They'll be replaced by the NL2 top 3. This'll increase the NL2 to 22 clubs & dependant on all the step 7 promotions. I believe up to 5 clubs could be relegated. All clubs were told this at the AGM!
Because this is happening to all step 5/6 leagues there is one extra possibility. There is only one club being relegated from each step 4 league. If the NPL relegated two teams into the NCEL area(Sheffield & Goole for instance) then the FA may decide to laterally transfer Pickering Town into the NL1. So you could add 1 more to all the above.
http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thef ... ystem.ashx

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:37 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
local lad wrote:

The FA have updated the rules & regs. So both the NL1 & NL2 'will be' reduced down to a maximum of 20 clubs.
If Penrith are relegated, then they'll almost certainly be laterally transferred to the new NWCL1 North division. Mike Amos has already wrote a bit about this in his blog.
That'll leave the NL2 with exactly 20 clubs. Now the FA decides how many clubs are relegated or laterally transferred to other step 5/6 leagues. This allows more than 2 clubs to be relegated from the NL2. So there's always an outside chance that Northallerton Town may be laterally transferred to the NCEL.
If Cleator Moor Celtic wins the Wearside, they'll be placed in the NWCL & have already contacted that league.(with another NWCL Div1 being created next season. Clubs can contact that league & show interest). If they achieve a top 5 place, but don't win that league then they'll also be promoted & this will also allow the FA to promote another Wearside League club & they will almost certainly be placed into the EBAC NL.
The Northern Alliance will probably have 2 applicants this season & they're Birtley & Newcastle Uni. So it all depends on whether they pass the ground grading & achieve a top 5 position.
The North Riding League will have 1 or 2 applicants, they're Boro Rangers & Redcar Town. The rules & regs apply as to the NA.
The days of there being only 2 feeder leagues into the EBAC NL are over. If a team applied for promotion, achieves a minimum top 5 position & passes the ground grading. Then they will be promoted. The caveat is that only one team be promoted per step 7 league(unless the FA has a moratorium for a specific reason: i.e. creating extra step 6 leagues)!
But if only 1 NL1 club achieves promotion & Penrith avoids the trap door. The FA's new rules allow the bottom 4 to be relegated. They'll be replaced by the NL2 top 3. This'll increase the NL2 to 22 clubs & dependant on all the step 7 promotions. I believe up to 5 clubs could be relegated. All clubs were told this at the AGM!
Because this is happening to all step 5/6 leagues there is one extra possibility. There is only one club being relegated from each step 4 league. If the NPL relegated two teams into the NCEL area(Sheffield & Goole for instance) then the FA may decide to laterally transfer Pickering Town into the NL1. So you could add 1 more to all the above.

So does that mean the highest placed team from Birtley and the Uni will be promoted? Given they pass ground grading etc etc.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:17 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
local lad wrote:

weird me how complicated is that

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:21 pm 

Weird Me - that's not what I said . Lol
A well known clothing line beginning with
FC and ending in UK me were my attempt at getting around censorship whick clearly didn't work

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:33 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
local lad wrote:

So does that mean the highest placed team from Birtley and the Uni will be promoted? Given they pass ground grading etc etc.

Yep!
For all those that are trying to get there heads around this seasons promotions & relegations. The NCEL tried to explain it, but it's even more complicated than the four examples. With 2 new step 6 leagues being created this season, the expectation it that numerous teams will be laterally transferred. The issue around the NL, is there are very few clubs than can be laterally transferred into other step 5/6 leagues!
http://toolstation.ncefl.org.uk/news/le ... discussed/
The NWCL also tried to explain it
http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/n ... hp?id=6038

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:29 pm 

Thanks for that Windy.
Our ground is up to standard for Northern League as i would imagine is the Uni ground. We passed the grading last year and have made improvements since then so i would imagine we will be ok on the Ground.
There are just that many people giving different permutations its hard to keep track :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:58 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Thanks for that Windy.
Our ground is up to standard for Northern League as i would imagine is the Uni ground. We passed the grading last year and have made improvements since then so i would imagine we will be ok on the Ground.
There are just that many people giving different permutations its hard to keep track :D :D

Will you be applying for promotion then?
As for what happens at the end of season FA's league committee meeting. To decide what the league placements will be. I'm sure not a single person at the FA or any of the leagues has an idea what the outcome will be!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:58 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Thanks for that Windy.

As for what happens at the end of season FA's league committee meeting. To decide what the league placements will be. I'm sure not a single person at the FA or any of the leagues has an idea what the outcome will be!

Yes we have submitted our application.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:20 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Thanks for that Windy.

Yes we have submitted our application.

Any news on Newcastle Uni?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:20 am 

Which league would Boro Rangers or Redcar Town go into?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:39 pm 

TS23 wrote:
Which league would Boro Rangers or Redcar Town go into?

The EBAC NL, there's teams south of them already in the league.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:03 am 

The FA announced which teams had already applied for promotion from step 7 yesterday & up to now only Birtley Town have applied from the 3 feeder leagues.
It’s almost certain that no teams will apply from the NRL. Or if they do, then as things stand they won’t pass the ground grading regs.
I’m aware that several other clubs are in the process of filling in there online applications & have until the 31st December to submit there applications.
The FA usually releases the information about which clubs have applied by the middle of January.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:29 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
The FA announced which teams had already applied for promotion from step 7 yesterday & up to now only Birtley Town have applied from the 3 feeder leagues.
It’s almost certain that no teams will apply from the NRL. Or if they do, then as things stand they won’t pass the ground grading regs.
I’m aware that several other clubs are in the process of filling in there online applications & have until the 31st December to submit there applications.
The FA usually releases the information about which clubs have applied by the middle of January.

You must be well connected . Thought that info was kept until January :lol: :lol: