It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:03 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:44 pm 

Wack wrote:
This is my concern , if Clubs don't want to play at a higher level, they will stomach a season in the Evo-stick North then get demoted to where they actually want to be, by failing to upgrade their grounds ( I am not pointing the finger at any one club here) .

At some stage there will need to be harsh penalties if Clubs deliberately get demoted due to ground grading.
Surely, it would be a lot easier, and cheaper in the long run, to just "somehow" ( :wink: ) avoid finishing in a promotion position, if a club didn't want promotion?

The good fortune to run into the ones I do, and
The eyesight to tell the difference.

If God had wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:08 pm 

el Queso Grande wrote:
Wack wrote:
This is my concern , if Clubs don't want to play at a higher level, they will stomach a season in the Evo-stick North then get demoted to where they actually want to be, by failing to upgrade their grounds ( I am not pointing the finger at any one club here) .

At some stage there will need to be harsh penalties if Clubs deliberately get demoted due to ground grading.
Surely, it would be a lot easier, and cheaper in the long run, to just "somehow" ( :wink: ) avoid finishing in a promotion position, if a club didn't want promotion?

Until the FA decides that they need yet another step 4 league & potentially promotes half the EBAC NL1. Which was one of the options they looked at(except they wanted to promote the whole league in one go)!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:10 pm 

Morpeth do have a long trek from Northumberland so i can kind of understand there reluctants from moving up at this moment in time, However personally for this season only the FA should have asked the Northern League to allow two or three clubs to move up "Who wish to step up" I.e Bishop Auckland, Consett & Shildon and possibly even Stockton, However they would still have to pass the ground and finances criteria that the Evo-Stick league set, Then say for example the 2019/20 season make promotion mandatory, This would then be more appealing for the likes of Morpeth and others as suddenly there could be at least three North East clubs in the Evo-Stick League making travel less an issue, What I'm not a fan of is the likes of certain clubs paying big bucks on wages and then stopping other clubs who wish to make the step up impossible, Saying that not just Morpeth but one or two other clubs will have to make big decisions over the next 12-18 months, Do they stay a Big Fish in a Small Pond or do they finally mix it with the big boys by stepping up a level??.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:49 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Morpeth do have a long trek from Northumberland so i can kind of understand there reluctants from moving up at this moment in time, However personally for this season only the FA should have asked the Northern League to allow two or three clubs to move up "Who wish to step up" I.e Bishop Auckland, Consett & Shildon and possibly even Stockton, However they would still have to pass the ground and finances criteria that the Evo-Stick league set, Then say for example the 2019/20 season make promotion mandatory, This would then be more appealing for the likes of Morpeth and others as suddenly there could be at least three North East clubs in the Evo-Stick League making travel less an issue, What I'm not a fan of is the likes of certain clubs paying big bucks on wages and then stopping other clubs who wish to make the step up impossible, Saying that not just Morpeth but one or two other clubs will have to make big decisions over the next 12-18 months, Do they stay a Big Fish in a Small Pond or do they finally mix it with the big boys by stepping up a level??.

Will the town of Morpeth move 60 miles south over the next 2 years...no. Lets face it Morpeth is a hour further North than the Clubs you mention, and right next to the A1 for transport links. If they don't want promotion then spend money elsewhere , not on players.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:40 pm 

Step 7 applicants list should be released either tomorrow or Thursday!
The leagues have already seen the preliminary list & have been told to keep it quiet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:00 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:

Your last paragraph is absolutely spot on, if it wasn’t for that I would have all the sympathy in the world for these clubs.
In terms of your other point about getting stranded in higher divisions, it’s why I feel it will only work with enforced promotion, so every season someone else will be joining

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:07 pm 

What happens if a club gets promoted and finds they cant get planning permission to bring ground up to standard..

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:37 am 

trevor56 wrote:
What happens if a club gets promoted and finds they cant get planning permission to bring ground up to standard..

The FA are holding a league’s meeting this month & what will happen for season 2018/19 promotion/relegation shall be discussed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:08 pm 

Here’s the step 7 promotion applicants list http://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-n ... ashx?la=en

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:44 pm 

Here is the new North East Football Podcast - alot of talk about Northern League teams and Promotion in this at the start

https://soundcloud.com/northeastfootbal ... efp-weekly

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:56 pm 

Former N/L club ground developments https://spennymoortownfc.co.uk/brewery- ... -to-begin/

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:17 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:

Great post...Some really relevant points and this one really narks me certain clubs paying big bucks on wages and then stopping other clubs who wish to make the step up

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:42 am 

Onwardsnupwards wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:

Great post...Some really relevant points and this one really narks me certain clubs paying big bucks on wages and then stopping other clubs who wish to make the step up

Yes but you dont know details of finances. Yes you could maybe say such and such a player wont come cheap. But if i was asked to spomsor a player i wouldnt be too pleased if they spent my money on improving ground instead.. Morpeth dont get huge crowds so its not like they can use a proportion on ground develipments. So in short unless you know exact details your not in a position to critisize. While am here i think ground gradings need too be realistic. I personally think they shoud be based on a clubs previous years average crowd. I

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:03 am 

What's average crowds got to do with a ground grading for everyone? You play at this level you meet a set ground grading, it would be impossible to work it any other way.

Why not base it on budgets paid to players then? The highest payers get a higher ground grading. Same principle, but clearly that wouldn't work either though.

I have had several figures mentioned to me about different clubs budgets none of which bothers me a jot, but it seems one or two don't seem to rely on home crowds to pay what many would say were big budgets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:40 am 

ressly pest wrote:
What's average crowds got to do with a ground grading for everyone? You play at this level you meet a set ground grading, it would be impossible to work it any other way.

Why not base it on budgets paid to players then? The highest payers get a higher ground grading. Same principle, but clearly that wouldn't work either though.

I have had several figures mentioned to me about different clubs budgets none of which bothers me a jot, but it seems one or two don't seem to rely on home crowds to pay what many would say were big budgets.

You don’t need to know exact budgets, to know that Morpeth are paying more than enough to be able to do ground improvements

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next