It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:31 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Promotion /Relagation
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:02 pm 

Cestrian wrote:
Yes Durham are ground sharing at Willington. This is the other argument about ground sharing, you cannot put in place a ground share to allow you to gain promotion but you can once you are in put a ground share in place to keep your place in the league even if you have no planes in place to build / renovate / re-furbish a ground of your own. Now we hear of joint tenancies where if a ground is a 50-50 jointly owned and the sub Tenants have all the necessary in place to have a new ground it seems they CAN "ground share" for a certain period of time to gain a promotion. All a little complicated maybe too complicated for us northern folk 8) :lol:

You're confusing yourself. As a joint tenant you have the same rights as a sole tenant. You are not a sub-tenant as they do not have the same the legal rights as they are in effect not a tenant. Boro Rangers can only become a joint tenant if both the owner and current tenant of the ground agree to it. For example I rent my current home and the landlord/owner cannot force me to accept a joint tenancy and likewise the landlord does not have to accept any request from me to change my tenancy to a joint tenancy. If my friend was to move into my spare room and I take money from him for it, then he has become a sub-tenant. If I move out my friend does not become automatically the tenant as he has no legal right in law to do so. A groundshare would generally be a license agreement which does not give as much protection as a tenancy. Also a tenant is not an owner but a renter and therefore they cannot be 50/50 owners. However we don't even know if Boro Rangers are going down this route as they have not mentioned it. It was Windy1970 who surmised it. They may have different plans altogether.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:20 pm 

Am I right in thinking that if Boro Rangers had access to a suitable ground, which is not currently in use they could secure a tenancy on that ground, and use it until their own was developed sufficiently?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:49 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Cestrian wrote:
Yes Durham are ground sharing at Willington. This is the other argument about ground sharing, you cannot put in place a ground share to allow you to gain promotion but you can once you are in put a ground share in place to keep your place in the league even if you have no planes in place to build / renovate / re-furbish a ground of your own. Now we hear of joint tenancies where if a ground is a 50-50 jointly owned and the sub Tenants have all the necessary in place to have a new ground it seems they CAN "ground share" for a certain period of time to gain a promotion. All a little complicated maybe too complicated for us northern folk 8) :lol:

You're confusing yourself. As a joint tenant you have the same rights as a sole tenant. You are not a sub-tenant as they do not have the same the legal rights as they are in effect not a tenant. Boro Rangers can only become a joint tenant if both the owner and current tenant of the ground agree to it. For example I rent my current home and the landlord/owner cannot force me to accept a joint tenancy and likewise the landlord does not have to accept any request from me to change my tenancy to a joint tenancy. If my friend was to move into my spare room and I take money from him for it, then he has become a sub-tenant. If I move out my friend does not become automatically the tenant as he has no legal right in law to do so. A groundshare would generally be a license agreement which does not give as much protection as a tenancy. Also a tenant is not an owner but a renter and therefore they cannot be 50/50 owners. However we don't even know if Boro Rangers are going down this route as they have not mentioned it. It was Windy1970 who surmised it. They may have different plans altogether.

[hr]
It’s a little bit more than me surmising & it’s not the only option being explored. But let’s leave it at that for now...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:40 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Or you’ve just missed the guy who does their Twitters sense of Humour.

Although WFC are not likely to have to worry about Promotion out the NL just yet, although I’d guess they’d love to be out the 2nd division asap, his tongue in cheek comments won’t reflect the clubs views on anything and they have a fantastic relationship with the top people up at Alnwick. Long may he continue to run an excellent Twitter feed and throw in the odd tongue in cheek comment as he does as I think it’s one of the better club twitter feeds because of it.

Totally agree ressly, personally think they get the right balance with the humour

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:44 pm 

andy_pool wrote:
Am I right in thinking that if Boro Rangers had access to a suitable ground, which is not currently in use they could secure a tenancy on that ground, and use it until their own was developed sufficiently?

A suitable ground on Central Avenue sitting empty in Billingham. Very tempting because you are right Andy. Richmond Town tried it with Norton & Stockton Anicent's ground last season. However I believe you have to put your ground details on your promotion application, so I cannot understand how you can have more than 1option to go with between now and 31st March.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:08 pm 

the little fella wrote:
andy_pool wrote:

A suitable ground on Central Avenue sitting empty in Billingham. Very tempting because you are right Andy. Richmond Town tried it with Norton & Stockton Anicent's ground last season. However I believe you have to put your ground details on your promotion application, so I cannot understand how you can have more than 1option to go with between now and 31st March.

I said they were exploring other options. That doesn’t mean any of them will actually come to fruition. If that’s the case, then their ground will be sorted by then & all this won’t be an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:41 pm 

A guy on Tony’s Nonleague forum that’s actually involved in the restructuring. But goes on incognito as DrBlues! Has said that the FA are looking at promotion playoffs in the future, between 7 2nd placed step 5 teams & 7 3rd bottom teams at step 4! The compulsory promotion is still going to happen for the 1st placed teams & those that refuse it might be relegated to step 6!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:41 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
A guy on Tony’s Nonleague forum that’s actually in the FA & involved in the restructuring. But goes on incognito as DrBlues! Has said that the FA are looking at promotion playoffs in the future, between 7 2nd placed step 5 teams & 7 3rd bottom teams at step 4! The compulsory promotion is still going to happen for the 1st placed teams & those that refuse it might be relegated to step 6!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:39 pm 

I see this season 26 clubs to be promoted from step 5.
14 champions and 12 runners up based on ppg.
Very good chance 2 teams will be promoted from the NL this season. Great news for north east non-league football!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:57 pm 

handifan2 wrote:
Very good chance 2 teams will be promoted from the NL this season. Great news for north east non-league football!

Not if your Morpeth Fc haha

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:12 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
handifan2 wrote:

Thats as funny as alzhiemers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:43 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:
handifan2 wrote:

Thats as funny as alzhiemers.

Hopefully Morpeth embrace life in the Evo-Stick North next season, Won’t be easy, but if you want to be classed as the best, Then you’ve got to play against the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 am 

Hopefully Morpeth embrace life in the Evo-Stick North next season, Won’t be easy, but if you want to be classed as the best, Then you’ve got to play against the best.[/quote]
I think the top few clubs in the EBAC NL1 are NPL Prem standard, so Morpeth will have to await another season before they actually play teams that challenge them on the pitch. I can see them doing sod all to the ground though & making sure they’re demoted at the end of next season. Wouldn’t it be a shame if the actually win the NPL1N(or east if it happens)next season!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:56 am 

This is my concern , if Clubs don't want to play at a higher level, they will stomach a season in the Evo-stick North then get demoted to where they actually want to be, by failing to upgrade their grounds ( I am not pointing the finger at any one club here) .

At some stage there will need to be harsh penalties if Clubs deliberately get demoted due to ground grading.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:04 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Hopefully Morpeth embrace life in the Evo-Stick North next season, Won’t be easy, but if you want to be classed as the best, Then you’ve got to play against the best.

I think the top few clubs in the EBAC NL1 are NPL Prem standard, so Morpeth will have to await another season before they actually play teams that challenge them on the pitch. I can see them doing sod all to the ground though & making sure they’re demoted at the end of next season. Wouldn’t it be a shame if the actually win the NPL1N(or east if it happens)next season![/quote]

Really??? Sorry Windy your either very ignorant towards the Evo-Stick North league or a tad deluded, Ask any South Shields supporter if they think the Evo-Stick North is easy, And the answer is a big NO!,The top five or six teams in that league are more than capable of beating the likes of Morpeth, When you got clubs like Scarborough buying centre forwards for upto 20K, This is a very tough league, Definitely no guarantees that Shields will win promotion, Yes they are looking good for promotion but every game is difficult, not just the top teams but the mid table teams are very well organised and much stronger and fitter than the NL clubs, I am sure the NL clubs would do well in this league, but please don’t think Morpeth, Marske etc will just turn up next season and walk it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next