It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Billy town and synthonia
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:23 pm 

With both teams struggling. Isn't it time they merged and got it over done with?

Post subject: Re: Billy town and synthonia
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:09 pm 

I wouldn't say Billy town are struggling Trev, just the opposite, got a very good infrastructure, reserve and youth teams, good facilities, decent squad, they've come on leaps and bounds over the last couple of years...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 am 

Synners look in dire straits. Playing out of town isn't going to work. Can Billingham really have two n.l sides. Just thought amalgamation would help everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:11 am 

was it not discussed a few years ago but fell through because town would have had to pay back some grants they received for ground improvement.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:55 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
With both teams struggling. Isn't it time they merged and got it over done with?

1. Never going to happen, fans wouldn't accept it.

2. Wouldn't say Town are struggling, 7th in the table, 7points off top with a game in hand. All to play for. Decent crowd average in to 3 figures.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:55 pm 

andy_pool wrote:
trevor56 wrote:

1. Never going to happen, fans wouldn't accept it.

2. Wouldn't say Town are struggling, 7th in the table, 7points off top with a game in hand. All to play for. Decent crowd average in to 3 figures.

I understand the points you are making, but both points would be well and truly forgotten with a successful 1st division club.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 am 

Ok....I’m here to be shot at......

I’ve been against the idea of the two teams merging but I think in a year or two....maybe even earlier, it could happen. The size of the town should have a club that’s is competing in division one at worst, evostik at best. Neither club has a stable future - Synners have no ground but do have excellent committe staff while Town have the support if not the resources Synners once had. In fact as it stands, neither club actually have their own ground but Town are in the process of getting the lease from Stockton Council. The worrying position for both clubs is what happens when Conrad Hillerby and a Barry Oliver call it a day? Neither club has a reliable source of income, no substantial sponsors. If it meant that Billingham could ultilise the assets from both clubs, and has a secure future, I would go for it.

Graham
Former Billingham Town Secretary

Next Album. Haley Bonar...... Last War

October. Zola Jesus.....Taiga.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:02 pm 

Interpol wrote:
Ok....I’m here to be shot at......

I’ve been against the idea of the two teams merging but I think in a year or two....maybe even earlier, it could happen. The size of the town should have a club that’s is competing in division one at worst, evostik at best. Neither club has a stable future - Synners have no ground but do have excellent committe staff while Town have the support if not the resources Synners once had. In fact as it stands, neither club actually have their own ground but Town are in the process of getting the lease from Stockton Council. The worrying position for both clubs is what happens when Conrad Hillerby and a Barry Oliver call it a day? Neither club has a reliable source of income, no substantial sponsors. If it meant that Billingham could ultilise the assets from both clubs, and has a secure future, I would go for it.

Graham
Former Billingham Town Secretary

But Graham, we all know you are one of the more pragmatic supporters.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:53 pm 

Andy

I don’t think anybody would really want a merger, but the real possibility is the Town could end up with no club, never mind two clubs... in just over a year, we have seen the demise of Norton, and Synthonia have in essence, been booted out of Central Avenue. Out of ourselves, Thornaby and Stockton Town, I would imagine only Stockton have a structure in place for long term success. Thornaby and Town are doing relatively well, probably have budgets that are done on a year by year basis. Town have tried in the last two years to find that structure but haven’t quite got there....yet. Town fans are fiercely protective of their club and may not entertain the idea of a United Billingham. I would see it as a last resort but I think it should be discussed and canvas opinion.

Next Album. Haley Bonar...... Last War

October. Zola Jesus.....Taiga.