Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: No punches pulled by Roofing boss
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:36 pm 

Some interesting quotes from Richie here

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/foo ... -1-8770442

Post subject: Re: No punches pulled by Roofing boss
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:20 am 

Shame for Richie. Hes a top man. Puts his heart and soul into that place infact i think he just about puts everything in. Theres a few pee takers by the sounds of it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:56 am 

Agree, Richie has built that club from its foundations and supported managers/players to an unbelievable amount of Wonga, it's sad to see statements like this and he must ask himself a lot "is it worth continuing", without Richie there is no Roofing so on past history if there's not a immediate change in fortunes there'll be some shipping out across the board...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:32 am 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Shame for Richie. Hes a top man. Puts his heart and soul into that place infact i think he just about puts everything in. Theres a few pee takers by the sounds of it.

Interesting comments especially regarding pee takers. None that i could see on Saturday or generally but you are entitled to your opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 am 

silvertech wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:

Interesting comments especially regarding pee takers. None that i could see on Saturday or generally but you are entitled to your opinion.

None you could see on saturday. Richie must talking bull then. You dont get outbursts like that when all is well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:08 pm 

Surely if he is Chairman and Manager then he's put the team together and selected the players, he has to harbour some responsibility. To be fair, we played Knaresborough Town pre season and they were a very good team.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:30 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
silvertech wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:

None you could see on saturday. Richie must talking bull then. You dont get outbursts like that when all is well.

If you are going to support the pee takers theory at least take the time to see for yourself. Roofing have been running with a 13 man squad which includes 3 teenagers all of whom started on Saturday. One lad who is helping on a dual registration between Roofing and Hebburn Town reserves. The squad is threadbare in my humble opinion. I would vouch for every last one of them who played on Saturday. Mistakes or below par performances yes but not one pee taker amongst them.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:09 pm 

If you are going to support the pee takers theory at least take the time to see for yourself. Roofing have been running with a 13 man squad which includes 3 teenagers all of whom started on Saturday. One lad who is helping on a dual registration between Roofing and Hebburn Town reserves. The squad is threadbare in my humble opinion. I would vouch for every last one of them who played on Saturday. Mistakes or below par performances yes but not one pee taker amongst them.[/quote]

Why is it threadbare? Thought roofing would do well this year, Richie usually gets them out of trouble.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:24 am 

Wack wrote:
Surely if he is Chairman and Manager then he's put the team together and selected the players, he has to harbour some responsibility. To be fair, we played Knaresborough Town pre season and they were a very good team.

Aye, I saw Knaresborough in pre-season and thought they looked a cut above a step 6 team. Would expect to see them in the promotion mix in the NCEL. No idea what happened at Roofing on Saturday, though.