It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:06 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: ''Respect' in the Northern League
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:19 pm 

Now that Mike Amos is no longer at the top of the Northern League hierarchy has the campaign against swearing been shelved? I ask because I saw Hebburn at West Allotment recently, and the Hebburn officials howled as one of their players was booked, not for the foul he committed but for standing over his fallen opponent and shouting 'soft c*nt' at him. When I pointed this out to them they felt it did not warrant a booking. The same officials then used the same word to the linesman in front of us. Then this afternoon the Bishop Auckland goalkeeper tried to influence the young referee and his assistants with constant yap and liberal quantities of the f-word. If this is the way of things then OK, it won't stop me attending, but please don't claim to be 'family clubs'. That's hypocrisy.

Post subject: Re: ''Respect' in the Northern League
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:32 am 

HeedBoy wrote:
Now that Mike Amos is no longer at the top of the Northern League hierarchy has the campaign against swearing been shelved? I ask because I saw Hebburn at West Allotment recently, and the Hebburn officials howled as one of their players was booked, not for the foul he committed but for standing over his fallen opponent and shouting 'soft c*nt' at him. When I pointed this out to them they felt it did not warrant a booking. The same officials then used the same word to the linesman in front of us. Then this afternoon the Bishop Auckland goalkeeper tried to influence the young referee and his assistants with constant yap and liberal quantities of the f-word. If this is the way of things then OK, it won't stop me attending, but please don't claim to be 'family clubs'. That's hypocrisy.

I cannot disagree with this statement

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:05 pm 

FA and NL does nothing to quell this behaviour. Sadly football is a game played generally by folk who see this as acceptable.
Mike Amos actually tried to swim against the tide and for this he should be commended.
If anyone can really take a breath and acknowledge this as being acceptable in any sport then they should hold their head in shame.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:51 am 

HeedBoy wrote:

Heedboy, fundamentally agree that there is no place in football for what you have witnessed and the campaign Mike Amos led seems to have dwindled away and really needs to be stepped back up, however the "Don't claim to be family Club" statement is a little unfair and farfetched.

Like anything "Change" takes time and Hebburn are definetley working towards a change for the better, the overall club has tranformed since the introduction of new investors to the facility, Hebburn Sports Club is a more friendly FAMILY orientated place than ever before (just look at the weekend against Newcastle Benfield, junior club mascots, lots of kids playing and enjoying themselves). The issue on the pitch of players behaviour (well that's up to the officials (referee and assistants) to mange first and deal with it effectively) and alongside that the club itself (i know there is a process in place already), unfortunately we know if officals penalised every foul word we'd have no game!!!
We'll continue to hear lots of foul and abusive language at all games (even the professionals) and I very much doubt we'll ever stop it, this doesn't mean its acceptable though :shock: :shock:

There needs to be a bigger campaign from the FA across all tiers of football, but not just a word campaign (Like the respect one) but something with some substance if a true difference is to be made.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:47 pm 

Have to say the original quote concerning language and behaviour is pretty much right the way the refs and officials are spoken to is disgraceful I watched a match the other day reffed by a lady referee and couldn't believe the things she put up with however later on when commenting to another official about this thinking at this point she was probably a trainee I found to my complete surprise she was indeed very high up in refereeing circles.
3 points then. Why as people do they put up with this treatment.?
Why not warn the players and management before the game that when and if it starts the cards will flow freely.
And finally why moan anyway it gets you nothing at all surely we must have realised this by now.

Think we should take a note from the rugby lads who are polite and get on with the game compared to them we sometimes make ourselves look like complete peasants .