It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:13 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Credit to Stockton Town
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:58 am 

Stockton drew their best ever League attendance on Wednesday night, 415 against Marske. Just surpassing the previous record for last season's local derby against Synners

That is an extremely impressive effort considering the start they have had to the season with 8 consecutive league defeats after years of being the dominant , or one of the dominant, teams in the league they were in.

Having been at the game , can also vouch for the figure being genuine, in fact I thought it could have been higher. A good and appreciative atmosphere, they are getting an awful lot right there, , it is a modern build ground that works and you do get a good standard of football on their surface

Well worth a visit

Post subject: Re: Credit to Stockton Town
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:14 pm 

Thanks for that we've had a lot of positive feedback and it's well received

There are a lot of people working very hard behind the scenes to make it an enjoyable experience at Bishopton Road West we're still learning and we're making mistakes but we're moving forward all the time
Our club is a community club and before the game on Wednesday there were 50 children at a soccer school on the pitch and the local running club was in attendance as I arrived.

We believe this is the way forward to build solid foundations that will serve the club and the first team for many years

The size of the crowd indicates the level of support available in a large town such as ours and we aim to tap into that if we can. Night matches always seem to be more popular at Stockton however atm

As for the football it's always entertaining when we are involved almost 50 goals in 11 games so far and tbh we probably haven't got as many points as we deserve

As you're well aware the major difference at this level is you get punished for your mistakes because of the quality of the strikers mainly

Anyway thanks again for the kind words please come and visit us again soon there's another cracking game in prospect tomorrow against Consett in the Vase and lots of the Conny Army coming down I believe

UTA

Last edited by LRN on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:28 pm 

I was there and thought it was way over 300 so not surprised at the official figure of 415. A few minor quips about their ground was they could do with signs showing where the toilets are as I didn't see any in prominent positions and thet need more rubbish bins in the ground. I was behind the goal and had to walk some distance to dispose of our food and drink litter. Apart from those minor issues which can easily be overcome it's hard to fault the ground and set up there. If you think I'm being a tad over the top with my gripes then I have to say that simply I was brought up not to litter which is why I sought out a bin. Others no doubt wouldn't be bothered and leave the place in a mess, which gives the volunteers more work to do by having to pick it all up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:42 pm 

Was there a few weeks ago and looking forward to a return tomorrow in the vase with consett. Great set up at stockton very welcoming. Cracking bar with the biggest tv screen ive ever seen. Yes theres a few coming down for the game tomorrow. If its as entertaining as the league match were all in for a cracking game .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:51 pm 

Not so much credit to Stockton for their crowd but from me a huge credit to all the lads who helped out last Saturday when David was injured.

From the physio, to the clubhouse manager, everyone was superb when the lad was in a huge amount of pain.

It’s the people that make the club and Stockton have got some great people involved. Thanks from all of us at the Roofing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm 

AndyHudson wrote:
Not so much credit to Stockton for their crowd but from me a huge credit to all the lads who helped out last Saturday when David was injured.

From the physio, to the clubhouse manager, everyone was superb when the lad was in a huge amount of pain.

It’s the people that make the club and Stockton have got some great people involved. Thanks from all of us at the Roofing.

How is David doing btw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:29 pm 

Was at the Vase match today and although not a bad set up few issues need addressing.

Had a disabled toilet which is great but there was a 6" step to get to it and no ramp.

Also café was very badly set out in so much as if you got tea / coffee/food you need to goto table at the end for/sugar/milk etc but its too tight to get in whilst someone else is served which means the cue goes out past toilets and you can't get in or out of toilets especially if using disabled toilet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:19 pm 

Thanks for feedback the ramp is an easy fix sorry about that if you'd required any assistance we would have been happy to help.

As for the cafe we have to work with what we have for now. Part of the grading requirements means we have to provide a hospitality area which obv eats into the available space for the cafe and means it can be a bit of a squeeze during busy periods. It's something we're fully aware of and willl be addressed at the earliest opportunity

Please in future if you have an issue menton it to one of the match day guys or staff on the day and they will help you.