It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:02 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:42 pm
Posts: 8207
Location: Spennymoor
4 Newcastle Benfield v Kidderminster Harriers
7 Banbury United v Shildon AFC

_________________
Spennymoor Town's 9 Seasons in the Northern League:
Trophies - Division Champs (Five Times), JR Cleator Cup (Four Times) FA Vase, DCC (Won Once, 3 Finals), League Cup

DONT LOSE THE FAITH!!!!!

1st Team - NL North
#CoxhoeFanChris
#EveshamFanChris


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 507
Great draw for Benfield!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3025
Why is it a great draw for Benfield?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 173
england wrote:
Why is it a great draw for Benfield?


Chance of good crowd, prestige of playing ex football league club, home advantage....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3025
Mike M wrote:
england wrote:
Why is it a great draw for Benfield?


Chance of good crowd, prestige of playing ex football league club, home advantage....


Cheers, do they have a good following?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:47 pm
Posts: 487
Location: NLZ
england wrote:
Mike M wrote:
england wrote:
Why is it a great draw for Benfield?


Chance of good crowd, prestige of playing ex football league club, home advantage....


Cheers, do they have a good following?


Earth to England , are you taking the Mick ? They used to get 2 or 3 thousand at home, I haven't checked this season

_________________
Footie fan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3025
Nope, not sure the need for the sarcastic comment, just because I didn't know their home crowds!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:50 pm
Posts: 158
england wrote:
Nope, not sure the need for the sarcastic comment, just because I didn't know their home crowds!!

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nati ... ttendances


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3025
Thanks, hopefully they get a decent crowd.

Looking at that, looks like shields will also be getting a bumper crowd


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:12 pm
Posts: 1167
Location: Sitting On A Chair
North Ferriby United average 288?!?!

Some teams in NL1 get more than that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3025
Noeldinho wrote:
North Ferriby United average 288?!?!

Some teams in NL1 get more than that.


By all accounts they are a club on the slide after pumping money in for years and now withdrawing it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:01 pm
Posts: 301
Location: Brandon, Vermont, USA
Very best wishes to both... Neither tie easy for differing reasons but certainly winnable on the right day. Kiddie could be quite out of their element of if Mr Brayson is on form they should be fearful.

The last time York came to Shields they won 6-0 (16 November 1968), which was a depressing day as we were having a fairly good season in the NPL.. Three years earlier we had beaten them 3-1 while in the North Regional so that is more the precedent we need to follow.

_________________
Patience is a Virtue
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:50 pm
Posts: 158
Noeldinho wrote:
North Ferriby United average 288?!?!

Majority of teams in NL1 and some in NL2 get more.

I beg to differ if any N/L2 team would average more than 288 and maybe only 2 or 3 N/L1 would exceed 288
also its at least £12 admission into National League North Grounds, N/L teams average would be down at least 60% if they had to pay £12 admission.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:12 pm
Posts: 1167
Location: Sitting On A Chair
Gijane wrote:
I beg to differ if any N/L2 team would average more than 288 and maybe only 2 or 3 N/L1 would exceed 288
also its at least £12 admission into National League North Grounds, N/L teams average would be down at least 60% if they had to pay £12 admission.

The attendances would go up as the club progressed through the leagues you'd hope. Even at 12 quid a time I can't see how NFU can survive on average attendances of 288 and still make a profit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: FA Cup 3rd Qual Round Draw
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 419
Noeldinho wrote:
Gijane wrote:
I beg to differ if any N/L2 team would average more than 288 and maybe only 2 or 3 N/L1 would exceed 288
also its at least £12 admission into National League North Grounds, N/L teams average would be down at least 60% if they had to pay £12 admission.

The attendances would go up as the club progressed through the leagues you'd hope. Even at 12 quid a time I can't see how NFU can survive on average attendances of 288 and still make a profit.

I can see NFU continuing to slide down the leagues & whether they still exist in 5 years time is debatable.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot] and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group