It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:16 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 214
FemaleFan wrote:
An uprising? Sounds like serious stuff this :shock:


YEH, all sound a bit dramatic :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 285
Open your eyes for god sake dragged into a relegation battle we are already in it, out played out fought and out scored by a team that's joint 4th bottom of the second division. Next two games are massive six pointers just look at the league table . Supporters donot hold much faith at the moment plenty players leaving and more need to go but little coming in at the moment and some of what's come in would not get a game in local leagues . The positive spin on all of this is that some how we have got three wins since Myers took full control only another 31 points and we might be safe?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 214
Living in hope wrote:
Open your eyes for god sake dragged into a relegation battle we are already in it, out played out fought and out scored by a team that's joint 4th bottom of the second division. Next two games are massive six pointers just look at the league table . Supporters donot hold much faith at the moment plenty players leaving and more need to go but little coming in at the moment and some of what's come in would not get a game in local leagues . The positive spin on all of this is that some how we have got three wins since Myers took full control only another 31 points and we might be safe?


We will end up clear of bottom 3 but not sure how far up. 14th perhaps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:52 am
Posts: 645
Location: Bedlington Terriers FC
I was at the Game and tell you what... If they had confidence in front of goal..we would have been buried by half time.
Give Colin a chance and let him stamp his methods on the team.
Remember good teams do go through a bad patch...Keep the faith, Plenty of games left and anything can happen before the end of the season

Good luck to You's for the rest of the season

_________________
Bedlington Terriers FC

Website Manager


Website: http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com/
Twitter> @btfcofficial


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 214
terryb wrote:
I was at the Game and tell you what... If they had confidence in front of goal..we would have been buried by half time.
Give Colin a chance and let him stamp his methods on the team.
Remember good teams do go through a bad patch...Keep the faith, Plenty of games left and anything can happen before the end of the season

Good luck to You's for the rest of the season


Thanks for the kind words Terryb.

Best wishes to Bedlington also.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:16 pm
Posts: 285
Come on thoughts on tonight mike m, beaten with ease by a team in the bottom three before tonight. Still no new players and again some of the team selection and the way we line up smacks of a manager who does not know what he is doing. Defeat on Saturday against another team at the bottom and questions have to be asked.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:11 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 214
Living in hope wrote:
Come on thoughts on tonight mike m, beaten with ease by a team in the bottom three before tonight. Still no new players and again some of the team selection and the way we line up smacks of a manager who does not know what he is doing. Defeat on Saturday against another team at the bottom and questions have to be asked.


LIH no point whatsoever in crucify in players ect, what will that achieve? Absoloutely nothing. Will just add to the bad feeling at the moment .

V.hard to watch us struggle so badly, no denying that. I'm missing next 2 home games, I just hope there's some kind of big swing in performance levels!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 211
I'm on the outside looking in fellas with no affiliation to any club so dont crucify me, but, are you all perhaps expecting something that at the moment is unachievable? The club as a whole seems to be in a turmoil, from what I an gather from people I know were on the previous staff the current manager sort of back doored his way in following big budget cuts.

He had a good affinity with certain college's in his previous spell with the club which he now doesn't have and his contact list is now a little outdated, given that and loss of budget, his own wage, if its true what is said, one player every 28 days can be given seven days notice isn't going to get top players in hurry to Bishops.

For me they are relying on their fantastic history and facilities to attract players as at this present time there is very little else going for them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm
Posts: 214
Still Learning. wrote:
I'm on the outside looking in fellas with no affiliation to any club so dont crucify me, but, are you all perhaps expecting something that at the moment is unachievable? The club as a whole seems to be in a turmoil, from what I an gather from people I know were on the previous staff the current manager sort of back doored his way in following big budget cuts.

He had a good affinity with certain college's in his previous spell with the club which he now doesn't have and his contact list is now a little outdated, given that and loss of budget, his own wage, if its true what is said, one player every 28 days can be given seven days notice isn't going to get top players in hurry to Bishops.

For me they are relying on their fantastic history and facilities to attract players as at this present time there is very little else going for them.


Still Learning, I think you have hit the nail mostly on the head.

However the budget cuts seem to be a myth. The current manager has stated a number of times that he will be backed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:49 am
Posts: 408
They has been no budget cuts at Bishop I really don't know how many times this has had to be confirmed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 211
Sorry I think we are getting confused I was talking about the previous manager, had a cut and then was told he still had to have a top 5 finish to keep his job. I know for certain this is right as I know the lad and some of his staff pretty well, just being honest what I was told from the horses mouth fellas.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:49 am
Posts: 408
Not one to cover old ground but the fact is that the previous management got all the proceeds of the FA cup run last season to go towards the budget i.e running at an increased level to what was agreed at the start of last season, so no cup run equals no extra money for budget simple really


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm
Posts: 211
nemesis wrote:
Not one to cover old ground but the fact is that the previous management got all the proceeds of the FA cup run last season to go towards the budget i.e running at an increased level to what was agreed at the start of last season, so no cup run equals no extra money for budget simple really


Fair point I suppose..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 2193
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
As an outsider looking in Bishops look like they have a great infrastructure , which should be able to easily pay a top 6 budget. They get good gates, rent the ground out to Boro, have a active commercial manager, had masses of income from Darlo in the past, have a decent bar, rent the carpark to Murphy's for a funfair and were left 300k so no ground costs, yet they are struggling massively at the moment. When you put this all together they are well ahead of most Clubs without a sugar daddy.

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Embarrassing
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:50 am
Posts: 186
The club sounds like it's in turmoil. Results are not happening on the pitch and there looks to be a lot friction.

I think there comes a point when the people running the club, need to listen to the fans concerns.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group