It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:17 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Referees
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:04 pm 

Watched at least 10 games up to now this season and haven't seen a good one yet . Crucial decisions costing teams vital points which could end up being the difference.

Post subject: Re: Referees
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:22 pm 

We've had a couple of very good ones, shame we had a very very poor performance by yesterday's ref.
I met ex ref Russ Tiffen before our game and I would love to hear his thoughts on the refs decision making.
Absolute shambles.
I was always told you earn respect will this bloke deserves nothing, poor performance from him and his two assistants then they didn't bother to come into the club after the game

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:56 pm 

Never a fan of 'look at me' Russ Tiffin either mate as i honestly believe he was one of the worst refs for pre judging players from previous games, but giving him some credit he certainly wasnt afraid to make a positive decision whether he was right or wrong.

Ive not seen much this season but i still believe the refereeing at this level is on a par with the standard of football.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:29 pm 

I liked Russ reffing my games Les, could control a game very well. I didn't agree with a lot of his decisions but I always respected him and now enjoy catching him at games.
The guy up at Whickham on Friday was very good mind

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:00 pm 

Got to agree with maz, the lads in charge were excellent.mind they had a chance they weren't being assessed.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:04 pm 

Lets not forget
These people are part time also. You dont berate your home team players when they make a mistake.
Even the pro referees make mistakes , so they cant be 100 percent all the time.
They do their best .
We wouldnt have a game without them.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:45 pm 

marron04 wrote:
We've had a couple of very good ones, shame we had a very very poor performance by yesterday's ref.
I met ex ref Russ Tiffen before our game and I would love to hear his thoughts on the refs decision making.
Absolute shambles.
I was always told you earn respect will this bloke deserves nothing, poor performance from him and his two assistants then they didn't bother to come into the club after the game

Marron04 what was so wrong with the referees performance on Saturday was it because Chester Le Street got beat did he play a part in goals conceded etc. Inconsistent, arrogant, not up with play, unfit I am not trying to cause a row just you state he was a shambles give some credible examples to back up your status, has he done something wrong thats not in the laws of the game. Cheers

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:56 pm 

Check the highlights out on YouTube
Win, lose or draw I'll always give my honest opinion on how I seen the game and that includes the ref.
One notable example of the refs poor day is in the highlights 11:20ish

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:11 am 

I know that Marron04 that's why I tried not to sound as though I was having a pop I will get a look at what you say and re posts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:57 am 

I have watched the highlights and it certainly has plenty going on in the game.

Just a couple of things from me with it. Chester Red card wether it was or wasn't doing what the player did is always going to get a reaction like it did from the player. Was a red harsh in my opinion yes but the referee can not be blamed for doing it. The players certainly have not helped him.

The penalty for Silsdon a challange like that in the box is a dangerous thing to do and for me he is correct to award a pen.

The goal disallowed for offside I agree you might feel aggrieved but it's very fine margins if the linesman was up with play did he have a good view etc. It looked like he was though.

Should the Chester player not of raised his hands of course not then no decision is made so no controversial red card could the first goal for silsdon be closed down just like the lad with the goal where he has been allowed enough time to kept the ball up three times and then have shot, should these two have been closed down quicker.

The penalty decision silly challange to make when another defender is directly in front of the attacker.

Although you don't get the full information from highlights although a very good edition I must add the ref doesn't seem to do that bad but that's just my opinion from what I seen on my computer at home and I wasn't at the game so I do not get the whole experience of it.

Someone mentioned earlier I think the officials are about on a level with the football played at this level probably a good statement.

Again like before I don't want this blown out of proportion it's my opinion although not at the game I took in Brandon on saturday now there was controversy.

Sossa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 am 

Not really sure how a good clean tackle can result in a penalty, even our opposition dug out turned to us and said it was a great tackle. The ref on Saturday was way out of his depth. On the sending off either both players (they both raised their hands and made contact with each other) should have been red carded or yellow carded, our lad got a red the opposition player who dived to the ground and writhed around in agony!!! got a yellow. The ref even allowed a throw in to be taken a couple of yards behind the crowd barrier, how he or the assistant could see whether the throw was legal or not is beyond me. he also gave a free kick to CLS when Lee Mole was tripped but the players maybe not hearing his whistle carried on and lee committed a foul. The ref changed his mind after that and gave Silsden the free kick even though he had stopped the game for the first offence, this kick resulted in their winning goal. When asked afterwards about this he looked at me abjectly and offered no explanation - very strange . He should have given a penalty in the last minute when a CLS forward was taken out by the keeper in the act of shooting but he ignored this as well. The offside goal was extremely tight and difficult to argue against or for but it did look to me being fairly much behind the incident that the forward was slightly on when the flick on occurred. When the going got tough on Saturday the ref seemed to make decisions without just giving himself that few seconds to think and I think that is what separates the good refs from the poorer ones

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:25 am 

Sossa wrote:
I have watched the highlights and it certainly has plenty going on in the game.

Just a couple of things from me with it. Chester Red card wether it was or wasn't doing what the player did is always going to get a reaction like it did from the player. Was a red harsh in my opinion yes but the referee can not be blamed for doing it. The players certainly have not helped him.

The penalty for Silsdon a challange like that in the box is a dangerous thing to do and for me he is correct to award a pen.

The goal disallowed for offside I agree you might feel aggrieved but it's very fine margins if the linesman was up with play did he have a good view etc. It looked like he was though.

Should the Chester player not of raised his hands of course not then no decision is made so no controversial red card could the first goal for silsdon be closed down just like the lad with the goal where he has been allowed enough time to kept the ball up three times and then have shot, should these two have been closed down quicker.

The penalty decision silly challange to make when another defender is directly in front of the attacker.

Although you don't get the full information from highlights although a very good edition I must add the ref doesn't seem to do that bad but that's just my opinion from what I seen on my computer at home and I wasn't at the game so I do not get the whole experience of it.

Someone mentioned earlier I think the officials are about on a level with the football played at this level probably a good statement.

Again like before I don't want this blown out of proportion it's my opinion although not at the game I took in Brandon on saturday now there was controversy.

Sossa

Steva raised his hands, red card correct but their lad raised his hands and got a yellow
How is it a silly challenge by our defender, he's stopping an attack regardless of who is in front of him, its a clean tackle.
The offside was onside, refs assistant 3 maybe 4 yards behind play.
What you don't see in the highlights is the ref allowing a Silsden player to retrieve the ball from the trees and take the throw from behind the perimeter fence.
And as Lenny said for the 3rd goal after awarding us the free kick for a foul on Moley the players carried on contesting play and the ref then awarded Silsden a foul after Moley reacted to the first foul despite play being stopped

Regarding the goals, porky our assistant rightly pointed out after the game that regardless of how poor the ref was we contributed to our downfall with the red card, the lad that scored the first was shown onto the inside when he had to be shown to the outside. Second goal our centre half should have dealt with the ball earlier and then he wouldn't have had to make the tackle which the ref decided was a penalty, then the 3rd our keeper has to catch the ball and our defending on the edge of the box wasn't good enough.

Finally you were at the game as you had your usual blue jacket on :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:06 pm 

I will never complain about an NL ref again, and the decision making is great compared to the refs who try to officiate in the Argentina Superliga, so bad it's funny.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:08 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:00 pm 

Well being neutral here and reading the thread I watched the highlights and the award of the penalty was an absolutely shocking decision.
Looking at the incident near the end the goalkeeper took the Chester lad out with his feet, it's probably just because the lad got his shot away that the ref didn't give it.
I think Chester can certainly feel aggrieved.