It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Referees
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 pm 

I actually forgot about the keepers foul on Michael Hepplewhite, the linesman told our assistant manager that there was no contact :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:14 pm 

Sea View wrote:
Well being neutral here and reading the thread I watched the highlights and the award of the penalty was an absolutely shocking decision.
Looking at the incident near the end the goalkeeper took the Chester lad out with his feet, it's probably just because the lad got his shot away that the ref didn't give it.
I think Chester can certainly feel aggrieved.

Totally and utterly bang on!

The Silsden penalty sees a player play the ball then the striker roll the challenge. No excessive force. Nothing reckless, Nothing careless. Let's hope the young lad puts the stupid award behind him and kicks on as he has real potential. This is the biggest issue- could it affect the development of a good young player? I certainly hope not.
His dad is a referee, still plays over 40s and is as grounded as can be. Feel free to accuse me of bias, but he is a very genuine lad whose dad is as honest as can be.

The lack of a Chester penalty, well it is just as Sea View has said, but it looked like the Chester striker snatched at the chance as if he didn't he was going to get crumpled by a reckless challenge. Which therefore dictates the award of a penalty.

On to the dismissal... raise your hands and you are inviting a red. On what I could see from the footage, that looked like two reds. Two pretty needless reds, but two all the same.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:37 pm 

Spot on mate.
The young lads in our squad have come on leaps and bounds so far this season and young Alex Walker has been superb, great kid always willing to listen and yes he made an error letting their lad into the box but quickly recovered and made a superb tackle only for it somehow deemed a foul.
He'll be fine though, he'll move on and no doubt play a big part for us this season

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:42 pm 

I've watched the highlights and yous were robbed maz. Aswell Ban is a very good player and is only going to get better, also never a pen, ref defo had them on his accumulator.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:19 pm 

marron04 wrote:
We've had a couple of very good ones, shame we had a very very poor performance by yesterday's ref.
I met ex ref Russ Tiffen before our game and I would love to hear his thoughts on the refs decision making.
Absolute shambles.
I was always told you earn respect will this bloke deserves nothing, poor performance from him and his two assistants then they didn't bother to come into the club after the game

The position of ref means you should respect the ref from the start, just like in rugby; a ref should not have to prove to the the players he is worthy of respect, the position alone should guarantee that

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:33 pm 

Steve H wrote:
marron04 wrote:
We've had a couple of very good ones, shame we had a very very poor performance by yesterday's ref.
I met ex ref Russ Tiffen before our game and I would love to hear his thoughts on the refs decision making.
Absolute shambles.
I was always told you earn respect will this bloke deserves nothing, poor performance from him and his two assistants then they didn't bother to come into the club after the game

The position of ref means you should respect the ref from the start, just like in rugby; a ref should not have to prove to the the players he is worthy of respect, the position alone should guarantee that

I suspect the respect level held for the referee in question on Saturday peaked at kick off...

I'd imagine the level dipped during the game, but then fell further when the officials did not show up in a very welcoming clubhouse.

Referees should be afforded respect from the outset, but should strive (like players) to maintain that level of respect.

Typically, an official makes fewer errors than any single given player on the pitch. This chap, it would seem has had a bad day at the office. One days like that you naturally want to scoot off, but it serves you best to front up and show humility and honesty.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:46 am 

Steve H wrote:
marron04 wrote:
Absolute shambles.

Ok Steve