It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 449
I understand that the council has slapped signs on the floodlights prohibiting there use. Has anyone got anyone got any information or details regarding this issue?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:55 pm
Posts: 1030
I don't know, but I do know that there are ongoing problems with the planning department of NCC ; it may be related to that.

As an aside, the ground is leased to Blyth Town from NCC , and when Blyth AFC "split away" from Blyth Town that may also have caused difficulties regarding the sublet. ( Conjecture, as I am no longer the local town councillor for the area I am a bit out of the loop )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
They need suitable security to play Northern League , I take it this may not be the case

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:35 am
Posts: 449
AllyGB wrote:
I don't know, but I do know that there are ongoing problems with the planning department of NCC ; it may be related to that.

As an aside, the ground is leased to Blyth Town from NCC , and when Blyth AFC "split away" from Blyth Town that may also have caused difficulties regarding the sublet. ( Conjecture, as I am no longer the local town councillor for the area I am a bit out of the loop )

What are the ongoing issues with the planning department?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Blyth - home of the famous Spartans.
No surprise, the whole Blyth Town FC/Blyth AFC carry on is 'messy' to say the least so to hear of yet more issues surrounding the ground is no surprise it's been plagued with problems since they set of on their climb into th NL.

The way Blyth Town have been 'used' (for want of a better phrase) to get a team into the NL just sums up the whole carry on.

Feel for the real people who originally set up Blyth Town FC and all its Juniors teams which was the source and reasons for a lot of the funding it received have now seen their team put back into the Northern Alliance while the Blyth AFC hierarchy who came into help Blyth Town claim up into the NL have taken their place in the NL with a new club how is that allowed!.

_________________
Man gets tired...Spirit don't
Man surrenders...Spirit won't
Man is tethered...Spirit is free
What spirit is man can be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 534
Windy1970 wrote:
I understand that the council has slapped signs on the floodlights prohibiting there use. Has anyone got anyone got any information or details regarding this issue?



So was that the reason for a 12pm KO on Saturday? I am guessing the issue is now resolved?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 9:25 pm
Posts: 911
So was that the reason for a 12pm KO on Saturday? I am guessing the issue is now resolved?[/quote]

No. It doesn't get dark till after eight pm... Blyth Spartans were at home same day


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:23 pm
Posts: 121
Location: Blyth - home of the famous Spartans.
They kicked off at 12 to avoid clashing with our home game against Boston United hoping to get people to take in both games.

Lead to believe they will where possible avoid fixture or kick off clashes with the Spartans in hope they can get a few more in.

_________________
Man gets tired...Spirit don't
Man surrenders...Spirit won't
Man is tethered...Spirit is free
What spirit is man can be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 534
Blyth Spirit wrote:
They kicked off at 12 to avoid clashing with our home game against Boston United hoping to get people to take in both games.

Lead to believe they will where possible avoid fixture or kick off clashes with the Spartans in hope they can get a few more in.



Not a bad idea if works. Anyone know attendance for Saturday?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:32 pm
Posts: 124
Location: Whitley Bay
Crowd 87

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3042
The whole situation seems a bit of a mess.

No doubt they will be looking for a new ground for next season, but although they may have plenty of money, they are struggling to attract fans as a new club. It's the fans and the infrastructure which is the basis to success


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
england wrote:
The whole situation seems a bit of a mess.

No doubt they will be looking for a new ground for next season, but although they may have plenty of money, they are struggling to attract fans as a new club. It's the fans and the infrastructure which is the basis to success


When we played there last season there was an good crowd in, and the entrance fee of £5 included a free pint, making it excellent value, although this was early on and I did notice their crowds dropped off.

Is it in effect a couple of people running it as a Limited Company ?

Seems odd that the Council allow them to play but not use the lights. Surely no sub lease would quantify this.

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:49 am
Posts: 3042
Wack wrote:
england wrote:
The whole situation seems a bit of a mess.

No doubt they will be looking for a new ground for next season, but although they may have plenty of money, they are struggling to attract fans as a new club. It's the fans and the infrastructure which is the basis to success


When we played there last season there was an good crowd in, and the entrance fee of £5 included a free pint, making it excellent value, although this was early on and I did notice their crowds dropped off.

Is it in effect a couple of people running it as a Limited Company ?

Seems odd that the Council allow them to play but not use the lights. Surely no sub lease would quantify this.


Think a lot has just came about due to a summer fall out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:10 pm
Posts: 534
england wrote:
Wack wrote:
england wrote:
The whole situation seems a bit of a mess.

No doubt they will be looking for a new ground for next season, but although they may have plenty of money, they are struggling to attract fans as a new club. It's the fans and the infrastructure which is the basis to success


When we played there last season there was an good crowd in, and the entrance fee of £5 included a free pint, making it excellent value, although this was early on and I did notice their crowds dropped off.

Is it in effect a couple of people running it as a Limited Company ?

Seems odd that the Council allow them to play but not use the lights. Surely no sub lease would quantify this.


Think a lot has just came about due to a summer fall out.


It is no longer £5 with a pint.

Its £6 and a programme.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2003 8:08 pm
Posts: 2182
Location: Oh Allerton is wonderful
I see there are several Blyth teams in the Alliance. I am surprised there are two teams called Blyth FC, one in the Alliance and the other in the Northern League. Surely they cant be registered with the same name?

Incredible to see 5 Saturday teams in a small town like Blyth

_________________
"Sky rockets in flight.....booom.....afternoon delight........aaaaaaaaaaaafternoon delight"


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group