It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:22 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 am 

I understand that the council has slapped signs on the floodlights prohibiting there use. Has anyone got anyone got any information or details regarding this issue?

Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 am 
Site Admin

I don't know, but I do know that there are ongoing problems with the planning department of NCC ; it may be related to that.

As an aside, the ground is leased to Blyth Town from NCC , and when Blyth AFC "split away" from Blyth Town that may also have caused difficulties regarding the sublet. ( Conjecture, as I am no longer the local town councillor for the area I am a bit out of the loop )

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 am 

They need suitable security to play Northern League , I take it this may not be the case

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:46 pm 

AllyGB wrote:
I don't know, but I do know that there are ongoing problems with the planning department of NCC ; it may be related to that.

As an aside, the ground is leased to Blyth Town from NCC , and when Blyth AFC "split away" from Blyth Town that may also have caused difficulties regarding the sublet. ( Conjecture, as I am no longer the local town councillor for the area I am a bit out of the loop )

What are the ongoing issues with the planning department?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:27 pm 

No surprise, the whole Blyth Town FC/Blyth AFC carry on is 'messy' to say the least so to hear of yet more issues surrounding the ground is no surprise it's been plagued with problems since they set of on their climb into th NL.

The way Blyth Town have been 'used' (for want of a better phrase) to get a team into the NL just sums up the whole carry on.

Feel for the real people who originally set up Blyth Town FC and all its Juniors teams which was the source and reasons for a lot of the funding it received have now seen their team put back into the Northern Alliance while the Blyth AFC hierarchy who came into help Blyth Town claim up into the NL have taken their place in the NL with a new club how is that allowed!.

What spirit is man can be.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:28 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
I understand that the council has slapped signs on the floodlights prohibiting there use. Has anyone got anyone got any information or details regarding this issue?

So was that the reason for a 12pm KO on Saturday? I am guessing the issue is now resolved?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:03 pm 

So was that the reason for a 12pm KO on Saturday? I am guessing the issue is now resolved?[/quote]

No. It doesn't get dark till after eight pm... Blyth Spartans were at home same day

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:07 pm 

They kicked off at 12 to avoid clashing with our home game against Boston United hoping to get people to take in both games.

Lead to believe they will where possible avoid fixture or kick off clashes with the Spartans in hope they can get a few more in.

What spirit is man can be.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 am 

Blyth Spirit wrote:
They kicked off at 12 to avoid clashing with our home game against Boston United hoping to get people to take in both games.

Lead to believe they will where possible avoid fixture or kick off clashes with the Spartans in hope they can get a few more in.

Not a bad idea if works. Anyone know attendance for Saturday?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:32 am 

Crowd 87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:43 am 

The whole situation seems a bit of a mess.

No doubt they will be looking for a new ground for next season, but although they may have plenty of money, they are struggling to attract fans as a new club. It's the fans and the infrastructure which is the basis to success

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 am 

england wrote:

No doubt they will be looking for a new ground for next season, but although they may have plenty of money, they are struggling to attract fans as a new club. It's the fans and the infrastructure which is the basis to success

When we played there last season there was an good crowd in, and the entrance fee of £5 included a free pint, making it excellent value, although this was early on and I did notice their crowds dropped off.

Is it in effect a couple of people running it as a Limited Company ?

Seems odd that the Council allow them to play but not use the lights. Surely no sub lease would quantify this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:13 am 

Wack wrote:
england wrote:

When we played there last season there was an good crowd in, and the entrance fee of £5 included a free pint, making it excellent value, although this was early on and I did notice their crowds dropped off.

Seems odd that the Council allow them to play but not use the lights. Surely no sub lease would quantify this.

Think a lot has just came about due to a summer fall out.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:47 am 

england wrote:
Wack wrote:
england wrote:

Think a lot has just came about due to a summer fall out.

It is no longer £5 with a pint.

Its £6 and a programme.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:14 pm 

I see there are several Blyth teams in the Alliance. I am surprised there are two teams called Blyth FC, one in the Alliance and the other in the Northern League. Surely they cant be registered with the same name?

Incredible to see 5 Saturday teams in a small town like Blyth

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next