It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Blyth AFC Floodlights
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:54 pm 

Wack wrote:
I see there are several Blyth teams in the Alliance. I am surprised there are two teams called Blyth FC, one in the Alliance and the other in the Northern League. Surely they cant be registered with the same name?

Incredible to see 5 Saturday teams in a small town like Blyth

The NL team changed their name in the summer, think they were blyth town, but are now blyth AFC.

The original set up have now entered in to the alliance and I believe it's their existing or previous under 18 team.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:41 pm 

england wrote:
Wack wrote:
I see there are several Blyth teams in the Alliance. I am surprised there are two teams called Blyth FC, one in the Alliance and the other in the Northern League. Surely they cant be registered with the same name?

Incredible to see 5 Saturday teams in a small town like Blyth

The NL team changed their name in the summer, think they were blyth town, but are now blyth AFC.

The original set up have now entered in to the alliance and I believe it's their existing or previous under 18 team.

The team in the Alliance is Blyth Town FC, they were Blyth Town reserves last season.

There is also Blyth FC. They have no relation to either.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:12 pm 

This has just seemed to fuse out of nowhere.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:21 am 

So are none of the original committee involved with the renamed Blyth AFC?

All seems very strange from the outside looking in.

If (!) they can't use floodlights will they be in the same boat as Easington were a couple of years ago having early kick offs on a Saturday? Got to be sorted by March as well?

Club Website: http://www.alnwicktownfc.co.uk
Twitter: @AlnwickTownAFC
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/alnwicktownafc

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:59 pm 

Ive no idea about Blyths situation but Easingtons lights were broken i think so they had no choice. I guess it'll be in negotiations and we'll see what happens.

If i remember rightly Northumberland council werent that keen to grant planning in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:34 pm 

Either Blyth have a sub lease or they don't . If it's the latter then surely they don't comply with strep 6 requirements, and if they do then the how can they be stopped from using the lights . I don't like to see a club in trouble , but looking at today's attendance there's little interest in them these days

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:38 pm 

Wonder if they used their lights today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:04 am 
Site Admin

Wack wrote:
Either Blyth have a sub lease or they don't . If it's the latter then surely they don't comply with strep 6 requirements, and if they do then the how can they be stopped from using the lights . I don't like to see a club in trouble , but looking at today's attendance there's little interest in them these days

Look at permissions. Are Blyth Town permitted to sub-let ?

Do they have planning permission for all six lights .... certainly it was the case that they only had planning permission for four

As I said, I'm a bit out of the loop, but that was the position.

Another possibility is that the permission is solely for the named applicant, i.e. Blyth Town, and doesn't apply to any tenants ( with or without a valid sub-lease)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:46 am 
Site Admin

I am getting messages that it is even more complicated than I first thought.

Because none of us have all the facts it is best that I lock the thread to avoid further conjecture and further posts.

I'm sure that when, (if ? ) the full story becomes public knowledge the relevant parties will post the story.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2