It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:02 am 

Wack wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Let’s hope the FA offer some financial help to clubs that do want to progress. There are plenty that do so get the chest opened and help . Take s lot of cash to get up a couple of steps .

Rest assured, Clubs that are in a position to gain promotion do not need a few quid from the FA, as for ground improvements, the FSIF offer attractive grants

Depends upon the level, clubs in Wearside/Northern Alliance may do as it’s a big jump, flood lights etc

The majority of clubs promoted out of NL won’t need huge changes, but the traveling becomes the issue. This will ease over a number of years.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:16 am 

england wrote:
Wack wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Let’s hope the FA offer some financial help to clubs that do want to progress. There are plenty that do so get the chest opened and help . Take s lot of cash to get up a couple of steps .

Rest assured, Clubs that are in a position to gain promotion do not need a few quid from the FA, as for ground improvements, the FSIF offer attractive grants

Depends upon the level, clubs in Wearside/Northern Alliance may do as it’s a big jump, flood lights etc

The majority of clubs promoted out of NL won’t need huge changes, but the traveling becomes the issue. This will ease over a number of years.

From what I've heard, the FA will have discussions with the leagues. In regards to reducing the ground grading requirements at step 6. If the league's agree, then we will be looking at 24 league's at step 6 & if not there'll be only 16(currently there's 19 & there'll be 20 next season).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:25 pm 

The majority of clubs promoted out of NL won’t need huge changes, but the traveling becomes the issue. This will ease over a number of years.[/quote]
From what I've heard, the FA will have discussions with the leagues. In regards to reducing the ground grading requirements at step 6. If the league's agree, then we will be looking at 24 league's at step 6 & if not there'll be only 16(currently there's 19 & there'll be 20 next season).[/quote]
At the FA meeting yesterday, the league’s rejected the idea of dumbing down the ground grading for step 6. So the idea of 24 leagues at step 6 has been rejected & the FA are looking at reducing it to 16 leagues. Beyond this, the FA’s presentation was for a step 4 league in the north & 2 step 5 league’s at step 5(1 in the Midlands & the other in the southeast).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:28 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Windy. Good news.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:54 pm 

Neil M wrote:
Thanks Windy. Good news.

Obviously the FA are going to find the extra clubs from step 6 to fill step 5. But the SWPL is creating another step 6 next season & this’ll increase the number of leagues up to 20 leagues. I can see the Hellenic losing 1 of its league’s. But where will the axe fall on the other 3 step 6 leagues?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:04 pm 

I’ve been studying the FA’s standardised rules & copied the ones relating to step 5. I emailed Lawrence Jones from the FA a couple of months ago & asked him if there’d been any relegations from the EBAC NL1. With the resignations of Blyth AFC & TN. His reply was the answer in section 5:3(league committee’s discretion). But in section 5.5.3 any teams that resign before the end of the season will nominally be placed in the relegation zones & the best placed team in the relegation zone will be reprieved in their place. So I take it that Blyth & TN will both take the relegation places & no club will be relegated. Obviously, this is just my opinion & might not take into account 5.3’s no reprieve for the bottom placed sides. If anyone has better knowledge or understanding, I’d appreciate clarification. I’m sure there’s league officials that visit this site?
5.3 At Steps 2-5 the Club finishing in last place in the table at the end of the Regular Season will be relegated and not reprieved. Below Step 5 the Clubs to be reprieved will be decided at the sole discretion of the Committee.
5.5 Where a vacancy occurs within the NLS the following procedures will apply:-

End of the Playing Season

5.5.1 (a) Where a Club notifies its decision to resign from its League at the end of the Playing Season, then a vacancy is created on the date the notification of that decision is formally recorded by that League. Such resignation can only be withdrawn by the end of that Playing Season with the consent of the Board of that League.

(b) In all cases, that Club is treated as a relegated Club. The final table of that division is not affected.

(c) In cases where the vacancy is created after the end of the Playing Season but before the League’s AGM, the vacancy will be filled in accordance with Regulation 5.5.2 below.

5.5.2(d) Where a vacancy arises at Step 5 and below, the question of reprieves shall be dealt with at the sole discretion of the Committee.

Prior to the end of a Playing Season

5.5.3 (a) In cases where the vacancy is created prior to the end of the Playing Season, the vacancy will be filled by the best ranked Club in a relegation position at the end of the Regular Season, eligible of being reprieved in that same division. In the event of there being more vacancies than Clubs eligible to be reprieved, such vacancy or vacancies will be filled by Clubs eligible to be reprieved in the Competition’s other division(s) on a points per match ratio.

(b) Where, prior to the end of the Playing Season, a Club notifies its decision to resign from its League with immediate effect or where a Club is removed from the League for any other reason, then the playing record of that Club will be expunged and a vacancy is created on the date the resignation or removal is formally recorded by that League.

(c) In all such cases that Club is treated as a relegated Club and the vacancy will be filled in accordance with 5.5.3 (a)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:48 pm 

Windy1970 My take on if both leagues are to run with 20 teams next season 1 promoted from 1st Division and if they count TN and Blyth as Relegated so no relegation and 17 teams then 3 promoted from 2nd Division so 20 teams in 1st and 17 in 2nd then Am I right in thinking 3 feeder leagues now so 1 from Alliance 1 from Wearside and 1 from Teesside league which 20 in 2nd Division with out any relegation. Not really sure if the Fa are willing to promote 3 from 2nd Division did they changed that rule ( not 100% ) tho . Always the old side ways movement as well :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:55 pm 

SSOT wrote:
Windy1970 My take on if both leagues are to run with 20 teams next season 1 promoted from 1st Division and if they count TN and Blyth as Relegated so no relegation and 17 teams then 3 promoted from 2nd Division so 20 teams in 1st and 17 in 2nd then Am I right in thinking 3 feeder leagues now so 1 from Alliance 1 from Wearside and 1 from Teesside league which 20 in 2nd Division with out any relegation. Not really sure if the Fa are willing to promote 3 from 2nd Division did they changed that rule ( not 100% ) tho . Always the old side ways movement as well :)

The FA changed step 6 promotion across the whole of step 6. Basically there are 19 step 6 league’s & 28 promotion spaces at step 6. So the winners & then the 9 best placed runners up on a PPG basis(see link & click on step 6, it shows the promotion table on a PPG basis & explains everything) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Dr ... dbox/Step6 At the moment only 1 NL2 team will be promoted. If no teams are relegated from NL1 & 1 team will definitely be promoted from that division. I think that the FA will have to laterally transfer in 2 teams from other leagues. Carlisle City are in-line for promotion from the NWCL1N & would almost certainly be promoted into the NL1. Knaresborough are the next closest team & they’re in the NCEL Prem. Other than that Kendal are just above the relegation zone in the NPL1W & if they are relegated would the FA place them in the same league as a fellow Cumbrian side? I would add Harrogate RA in the NCEL Prem, but they’re in a relegation position! As for the the bottom of NL2, I’m not sure if the issue above will reduce the relegations from 2 clubs down to 1. It’ll be a league committee’s decision. Another thread on this forum has discussed the step 7 potential promotion race. In the North Riding League only Boro Rangers are likely to apply, if they can become joint tenants somewhere(I think they’re struggling). In the Northern Alliance it looks a racing certainty that Newcastle Uni will finally be promoted into the NL2. Beyond them it’s Killingworth. The Wearside league probably has half a dozen clubs that are after promotion & Wolviston are probably favourites as it stands right now. So if 2 clubs are relegated from the NL2 & only replaced with 2 feeder teams. Then either Harrogate RA(if relegated) or Cleator Moor Celtic NWCL1N will be laterally transferred into the league.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:03 pm 

So the fa would rather transfer clubs from outside the usual catchment area to fill the shortfall in division 1 instead of promoteing 3 from division 2? Seem crazy. The leagues loosing these transfered clubs could also see a shortfall in numbers

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:23 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
So the fa would rather transfer clubs from outside the usual catchment area to fill the shortfall in division 1 instead of promoteing 3 from division 2? Seem crazy. The leagues loosing these transfered clubs could also see a shortfall in numbers

It’s easier to laterally transfer teams into those other leagues. The NCEL borders the NWCL, UCL, NL & MFL. At step 6 the NWCL has 2 leagues that can promote into it. The NCEL has 1 & also the northern EMCL teams. The MFL has the WMRL, MFL1, EMCL & northern UCL1 teams.
As for transferring teams from other leagues, that’s what the FA will be doing from now on. If you think it’s bad this season, then at the end of next season the FA are creating a new step 4 league in the North(northeast). This has also been discussed on this thread. Sometime in the summer the FA will announce how they will create this league. But the assumption is they’ll make a league with the top NL1 clubs & teams from Yorkshire(either NPL1E or NCEL Prem clubs). So if they promote 6-8 clubs from the NL1, then they’ll have to promote teams from NL2 or laterally transfer teams from neighbouring leagues to replace them. Then find teams to replace those promoted from NL2. Either cherry pick enough feeder league teams(which is the most likely outcome) or laterally transfer some teams from neighbouring leagues.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:57 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

It’s easier to laterally transfer teams into those other leagues. The NCEL borders the NWCL, UCL, NL & MFL. At step 6 the NWCL has 2 leagues that can promote into it. The NCEL has 1 & also the northern EMCL teams. The MFL has the WMRL, MFL1, EMCL & northern UCL1 teams.
As for transferring teams from other leagues, that’s what the FA will be doing from now on. If you think it’s bad this season, then at the end of next season the FA are creating a new step 4 league in the North(northeast). This has also been discussed on this thread. Sometime in the summer the FA will announce how they will create this league. But the assumption is they’ll make a league with the top NL1 clubs & teams from Yorkshire(either NPL1E or NCEL Prem clubs). So if they promote 6-8 clubs from the NL1, then they’ll have to promote teams from NL2 or laterally transfer teams from neighbouring leagues to replace them. Then find teams to replace those promoted from NL2. Either cherry pick enough feeder league teams(which is the most likely outcome) or laterally transfer some teams from neighbouring leagues.

Whilst i dont have a clue of the footprint of this new step 8 league i will take a guess it will be down the m1 corridoor as far south as sheffield. If its nearly half the northern league division 1 and the fa want the new division to cover there chosen footprint i wonder if teams will be forced up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:16 pm 

Si_kirk wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Si_kirk wrote:

Whilst i dont have a clue of the footprint of this new step 8 league i will take a guess it will be down the m1 corridoor as far south as sheffield. If its nearly half the northern league division 1 and the fa want the new division to cover there chosen footprint i wonder if teams will be forced up.

The FA have implemented the compulsory promotion & I doubt they’ll reverse it. But if you look at the current NPL1E league. I’m taking it that Morpeth will be promoted, then these are the current clubs in the area you mentioned.
Marske, Tadcaster Albion, Brighouse, Pontefract Cols, Sheffield, Pickering Town, Frickley Athletic & Stocksbridge PS. You can add the clubs promoted from the NL & NCEL this season & they’re potentially Dunston UTS & Yorkshire Ams. North Ferriby Utd look like they’re coming down. So that’s about 11 clubs in the region, that could be in the NPL1E next season. Apart from NFUFC(near Hull) the other Yorkshire clubs aren’t insane distances away & there’s quite a few around the Leeds area.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:14 pm 

https://mikeamosblog.wordpress.com
I read with interest Mike’s blog. He mentions the potential of a team outside step 7 jumping straight into step 6. If there’s a space, then the FA can place a team outside step 7 straight into step 6. The club has to apply directly to the league & the FA then decides whether to place that club into that league. I wonder if Durham Utd are considering a cheeky punt. Here’s the FA’s standardised rules on the subject & I’ve added the rules regarding Reserves playing at step 6!
7. Placement of a Club into a League
7.1 Usually a club can only enter the NLS at Step 7. However, a League may seek approval from the Committee to receive a club or team not currently in membership of a League within the NLS provided that there is: (a) exceptional circumstances, (b) a vacancy within its constitution (c) the club meets the entry criteria and (d) promotion and relegation issues have been satisfied. Such request must be received from the League by no later than 1st February. Any decision shall only be capable of Appeal to The FA by the affected League.

7.2 Reserve teams, including a team from a club or Club which is not considered by the Committee to be sufficiently separate from another club or Club, will not be permitted to compete above Step 6 in the NLS. There must be a minimum of two Steps between a first and reserve team. This does not apply at Steps 6 & 7. No two teams from the same Club can play at the same Step. Reserve teams currently at Step 5 can remain unless relegated, once relegated they will not be permitted to be promoted back to Step 5

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:11 am 

There was a slight mention at the recent workshop from the LMC in that they will be pressing very hard to have the NL back up to 40 clubs next season. How that comes about is anyone's guess. Whether it will be lateral movement or more up from feeder leagues will be down to the powers that be.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 am 

Just going to throw this one out there, as we all know the amount of football clubs is in decline compared to 30-40 years ago and last summer we saw a couple of clubs go such as Blyth & TN, thats just the one's that we know of as im sure there was many more up and down the country, Shaw Lane springs to mind, also many clubs are moving towards Youth set ups and my own club have a very good new Academy set up, If what you are saying is that the Northern League are hoping to increase there leagues back to 40 clubs, not saying this will happen today or tomorrow but in five or so years from now, has the North East got the Stomach, the Finances, the Ground Grading Levels, the Younger Generation (Committee Members) to have so many leagues such as The Northern Alliance, The Wearside League, The East Riding etc ????.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 55, 56, 57, 58, 59  Next