It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:46 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:22 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
I don't doubt you seem in the know but I'm not sure where the FA have gotten this information from.

Which bit do you aren't sure about?

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:27 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
ressly pest wrote:
I don't doubt you seem in the know but I'm not sure where the FA have gotten this information from.

Sorry you stated senior NL clubs had told the FA they'd take promotion when the pyramid suited them! I asked who the senior clubs were and when did they say that?

I'm aware of only one NL - FA meeting and I never heard any club say that. Some suggested they'd be more likely to consider it if things changed and an east and west option was discussed thus making it an A1 Corridor league.

I'm all for clubs taking promotion and hope another club or two look at it seriously next season but I don't believe there'll be 5 or 6 volunteer clubs if asked.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 6:12 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
ressly pest wrote:

Sorry you stated senior NL clubs had told the FA they'd take promotion when the pyramid suited them! I asked who the senior clubs were and when did they say that?

I'm aware of only one NL - FA meeting and I never heard any club say that. Some suggested they'd be more likely to consider it if things changed and an east and west option was discussed thus making it an A1 Corridor league.

I'm all for clubs taking promotion and hope another club or two look at it seriously next season but I don't believe there'll be 5 or 6 volunteer clubs if asked.

I exchanged some tweets with a Shildon executive. Who said that his club would seriously look at promotion, if the FA restructured the pyramid & as part of this he wanted the NPL1E to be created. He coined it 'the Super NL' & suggested that it should be north of Sheffield. Obviously the finances must be in place.
Before the FA's meeting with the NL clubs, the nonleague paper interviewed the Morpeth chairman. The chairman said in the article, that the top NL clubs would engage in the pyramid. If the FA made changes to the pyramid. I personally believe this prompted the FA to speak to the NL clubs at the beginning of the process & was soon after the old guard at the FA either retired or were retired off(Mike Appleby, Penny Kift etc). Who were against this restructuring.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:46 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Being told that the FA will be ready to announce who will be running the new step 3/4 leagues on the 11th/12th May & they will be one of the following:
Step 3: Southern league or Northern Premier league
Step 4: Northern Premier league, Isthmian league or the United Counties league.
Also being told that the EBAC NL issues will not be sorted by the stroke of a reorganisation pen.

What happened to announcement?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 2:00 pm 

collingwood wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Being told that the FA will be ready to announce who will be running the new step 3/4 leagues on the 11th/12th May & they will be one of the following:
Step 3: Southern league or Northern Premier league
Step 4: Northern Premier league, Isthmian league or the United Counties league.
Also being told that the EBAC NL issues will not be sorted by the stroke of a reorganisation pen.

What happened to announcement?

I assume that it'll be next week sometime. The FA's allocations for step 1-4 are expected Monday. Although there's a rumour that they'll be in tomorrow's nonleague paper. I guess the FA could also let them release this news to the masses as well lol. I've been told that it's almost certain that Grade E(ground grading) is going to be scrapped. Promotion compulsory for step 5 champions(at least) up to step 4.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:04 pm 

Promotion compulsory for step 5 champions(at least) up to step 4.[/quote]

Not a chance...

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:18 pm 
Site Admin

The same thing was suggested by the FALC when they net with NL clubs so don't be surprised.

@BillinghamTown

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:53 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
Promotion compulsory for step 5 champions(at least) up to step 4.

Not a chance...[/quote]
I've been told it's happening by someone involved in the restructuring. I'm afraid there's almost a racing certainty that it's going to happen.

Last edited by Windy1970 on Sat May 13, 2017 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:55 pm 

Neil M wrote:
The same thing was suggested by the FALC when they net with NL clubs so don't be surprised.

There's a strong possibility that the top 2 will be promoted next season.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 10:21 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
trevor56 wrote:
Promotion compulsory for step 5 champions(at least) up to step 4.

Not a chance...

I've been told it's happening by someone involved in the restructuring. I'm afraid there's almost a racing certainty that it's going to happen.[/quote]
From what I understand, scrapping Grade E is part of an FA strategy to stop step 5 champions wriggling out of promotion. The current Grade F(renamed Grade E)will be beefed up & clubs will have to achieve this to stay at step 5. This will satisfy step 3/4 leagues, when they have to accept these new clubs(I believe season 2018/19 will be a stepping stone towards the FA's ultimate aim)The restructuring will cover some, but not all of this & further changes will be made over the next year. To come into effect after the new leagues have been created.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:01 pm 

Windy,you seem to know,or at least an incling on this......do you know any dates for any announcements

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:53 pm 

mut2011 wrote:
Windy,you seem to know,or at least an incling on this......do you know any dates for any announcements

Been told that it's been put back until this week. But expect more information to be released at later dates.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:00 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
mut2011 wrote:

Been told that it's been put back until this week. But expect more information to be released at later dates.

In today's nonleague paper it states that the Southern league will administer the new step 3 league & the Isthmian league will administer the new step 4 league.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:26 am 

That's a little worrying, are they definitely going to be Midland Leagues?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:50 pm 

I've copied this post from Tony's nonleague forum:
This communication from the NPL has been posted elsewhere by the secretary of Alvechurch FC:

As you may recall, earlier this season the NPL submitted a competitive tender to run both the new Step 3 and 4 divisions that will be created in the Central England region with effect from season 2018/19.

The league board’s proposal to the FA was that the NPL administer the new divisions for a period of no more than three years, enabling strong foundations to be established for an independent league – run by representatives of member clubs – to be created by the season 2021/22 season. The NPL board does not believe that any one league should run another on a permanent basis. Our bid was endorsed by four County FA’s and by a number of NPL member clubs.

We have today been advised that our bid was not successful, and that instead the new Step 3 division will be run by the Southern League and the new Step 4 division by the Isthmian League. Although disappointed that an opportunity has been missed, we respect the FA sub-committee’s decision. I would like to take this opportunity to thank those NPL clubs and County Associations who took the time to write letters of support, and to NPL board colleagues for their invaluable input. I will be happy to expand upon our proposal, its rationale, the process and the decision at our Chairman’s Meeting on June 4th should any club wish me to do so.

As this news will no doubt appear in the Non-League Paper and other media in the coming days I also want to make clear what this will mean for the NPL.

1. At the end of next season (2017/18), only one team will be relegated from each division at Steps 3 and 4. Promotion from Steps 3 and 4 will take place in the current format.
2. From season 2018/19, there will be four Step 3 divisions of 22 clubs (there are currently 24) each and seven Step 4 divisions of 20 clubs. The NPL will continue to operate three divisions; our Prem, Div 1 (north) and Div 1 (south)
3. At the end of next season 26 clubs will be promoted from Step 5 into the seven Step 4 divisions, comprising the 14 champion clubs plus 12 others via either play-offs of point-per-game.
4. The changes are likely to see the NPL reduced from 68 clubs to circa 62 until the mooted eighth division at Step 4 is created, although there is no definite time frame for this.
5. The sponsorship income received by the NPL will not decrease over the next three years at least as a result of losing clubs. I also hope to be able to announce positive news on the league sponsorship to you at the June 4th meeting.
6. The NPL will continue to work to encourage more clubs from the Northern League to take promotion to Step 4, thereby addressing the gradual ‘creep’ of NPL borders further south.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next