It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:57 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:29 pm 

goose wrote:
No bother, hope it happens again, good luck to all interested in making the step up.

I'm not sure the FALC are going to care about those clubs interested. Because that might be a single club next season & we all know which club that is. Senior EBAC NL clubs told the FA that they would accept promotion as soon as the pyramid suited them. They've got there will so I think it's about time it was taken out of those clubs hands. Whether that happens next summer or the seasons following, forced promotion is on its way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:54 pm 

The NWCL have held a meeting with the FA about the restructuring and have posted a statement on there league website.
An interesting point that they've raised is the bottleneck for promotion at step 5 & one of the ideas I agree with. This would be inter league playoffs. I think that the prosed 7 step 4 leagues should relegate 3 teams each(21 in total). The step 5 leagues should promote a single club each & then the 2nd best applicants from each league should have a localized promotion playoff(i.e. the NWCL v NL or NCEL v NL). The FA should scrap reprieves, unless as a last resort and use playoffs instead across every step.
http://www.hallmarksecurityleague.com/n ... hp?id=5845

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:23 pm 

I wouldn't be to suprised in the next five or so years Playoffs become part of the end of season Finale, Once the Northern League finally becomes fully pledged members of the Pyramid system, Give a few years to let the leagues settle down with clubs moving up and possibly down, The English FA our clearly big fans of Playoffs, and probably more top level leagues have playoffs than Not, Love them, Hate them, for the Neutral and Winners they do make entense, exciting viewing, for the loser, can't think of anything worse, So like I say, be ready for Playoffs as an end of season treat in a few years time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:55 pm 

Play offs do add excitement however youve got teams currently in the northern league who finish up there year after year and either cant, wont or for whatever reason dont go up. What happens if one of these said clubs wins the play offs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:07 pm 

Heshootshescores wrote:
Play offs do add excitement however youve got teams currently in the northern league who finish up there year after year and either cant, wont or for whatever reason dont go up. What happens if one of these said clubs wins the play offs.

Come the 2018/19 season they will know if they win the league, it's probably going to mean automatic promotion, Wether they Like it or Not, as for playoffs, I'm probably taking about another 5-7 yrs from now before this will happen.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:38 pm 

sandancercraig wrote:
Heshootshescores wrote:

Come the 2018/19 season they will know if they win the league, it's probably going to mean automatic promotion, Wether they Like it or Not, as for playoffs, I'm probably taking about another 5-7 yrs from now before this will happen.

Unless the FALC agrees with the NWCL and changes the proposals. I've already heard that the FALC have agreed to increase the teams at step 7 leagues from a maximum of 16 to 18. I'm sure when the FA releases the final draft(sometime in May or June IMO) it'll have been tweaked somewhat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:03 am 

Mark Harris(NPL chairman) was on the Radio Manchester show and was discussing points about the restructuring. He said that the National League was refusing to allow 8 relegations in one season. So there could be playoffs between step 3 & teams in the relegation zone of step 2 to determine promotions.
But he also said that he expects additional numbers to be provided by the Northern League to make up the extra clubs required at step 4.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:42 am 

Being told that the FA will be ready to announce who will be running the new step 3/4 leagues on the 11th/12th May & they will be one of the following:
Step 3: Southern league or Northern Premier league
Step 4: Northern Premier league, Isthmian league or the United Counties league.
Also being told that the EBAC NL issues will not be sorted by the stroke of a reorganisation pen.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:00 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
Being told that the FA will be ready to announce who will be running the new step 3/4 leagues on the 11th/12th May & they will be one of the following:
Also being told that the EBAC NL issues will not be sorted by the stroke of a reorganisation pen.

Part of the restructuring is a full ground grading review. Some parts will be not be ready until July & other parts will be ready before this.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:25 pm 

Not this ground grading malarky again

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:52 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:

"Being told" and not "I've heard"? Big difference between the two. Bold to use the words "Being told" if you haven't. I kinda believe that you have. And from someone in the know.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:07 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
goose wrote:
No bother, hope it happens again, good luck to all interested in making the step up.

I'm not sure the FALC are going to care about those clubs interested. Because that might be a single club next season & we all know which club that is. Senior EBAC NL clubs told the FA that they would accept promotion as soon as the pyramid suited them. They've got there will so I think it's about time it was taken out of those clubs hands. Whether that happens next summer or the seasons following, forced promotion is on its way.

When did they do say that then Windy? And who are these senior NL clubs?
I again was at, to the best of knowledge the only meeting the NL clubs have had with the FA and nobody said that. More like they'd be more likely to consider promotion if the pyramid was re-structured. Hardly the same is it?

Heshootshescores hasn't the NL promoted it's winner 3 out the last 5 years? Hardly none promotion year after year is it.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:12 pm 

Hunter wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

"Being told" and not "I've heard"? Big difference between the two. Bold to use the words "Being told" if you haven't. I kinda believe that you have. And from someone in the know.

Only time will tell if I'm passing on information that's been given to me

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:17 pm 

I don't doubt you seem in the know but I'm not sure where the FA have gotten this information from.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 3:19 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
goose wrote:

When did they do say that then Windy? And who are these senior NL clubs?
I again was at, to the best of knowledge the only meeting the NL clubs have had with the FA and nobody said that. More like they'd be more likely to consider promotion if the pyramid was re-structured. Hardly the same is it?

Heshootshescores hasn't the NL promoted it's winner 3 out the last 5 years? Hardly none promotion year after year is it.

I've already stated on another post, that the FA knows that the issues with the NL aren't going to be resolved with the stroke of a restructuring pen. Whether there's going to be a 2nd phase to this restructuring? I'm not sure

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next