It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:59 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:35 am 

goose wrote:
I agree that an en masse promotion is the best option, but is it fair to clubs from other leagues?

I'll turn it back on you. There have been mass promotions from all the other leagues at every other restructuring. Why didn't the NL clubs accept multiple promotions offered to them then? Isn't it time for the NL to shoulder the burden? Plus the more that are actually promoted, the better it'll be for those clubs.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:43 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
goose wrote:
I agree that an en masse promotion is the best option, but is it fair to clubs from other leagues?

I'll turn it back on you. There have been mass promotions from all the other leagues at every other restructuring. Why didn't the NL clubs accept multiple promotions offered to them then? Isn't it time for the NL to shoulder the burden? Plus the more that are actually promoted, the better it'll be for those clubs.

I hope it isin't a Mass Promotion, Maybe three Clubs one season then another three or so the following season, Some clubs are pretty much ready for the next Step, But one or two clubs might just need that extra season to take stock then have themselves fully prepared???.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:14 pm 

sandancercraig wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
goose wrote:

I hope it isin't a Mass Promotion, Maybe three Clubs one season then another three or so the following season, Some clubs are pretty much ready for the next Step, But one or two clubs might just need that extra season to take stock then have themselves fully prepared???.

The issue is that the 12 extra promotions places are only on offer next season. The FA are going to promote 26 clubs to create the extra step 4 league. If they implement the proposal whereby step 5 & 6 run with a maximum of 20 clubs per division. Then the NL could promote 4 clubs without doing anything. Then if the WL & NA promotes a club each & the NL2 relegates no clubs. Then that increases the promotion places to 6 & if those feeder leagues promote 2 clubs each. Then that increases it to 8 clubs. The integrity of the NL would be sustained & the NPL1N or if they turn it into a NPL1E(east) then the north eastern clubs won't be playing clubs from Liverpool or Leicestershire.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:34 pm 

I wouldn't have thought the Northern League would want to relegate anybody out of NL2 at the end of this season with Norton's Unfortunate Demise and the possibility that South Shields might move up to the Evo Stick, Then the next couple of seasons the league just promotes teams from other likes such as The Wearside and The Alliance Leagues etc.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:04 pm 

sandancercraig wrote:
I wouldn't have thought the Northern League would want to relegate anybody out of NL2 at the end of this season with Norton's Unfortunate Demise and the possibility that South Shields might move up to the Evo Stick, Then the next couple of seasons the league just promotes teams from other likes such as The Wearside and The Alliance Leagues etc.

It's not the end of this season that's the issue. It'll be at the end of next 'if' the proposal are implemented. To be honest I'd be stunned if most of the proposals aren't implemented. The FALC are going to drive through these proposals and the only issue is how they find those extra 12 clubs. Are they casting there eyes over the NL?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:20 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
sandancercraig wrote:

It's not the end of this season that's the issue. It'll be at the end of next 'if' the proposal are implemented. To be honest I'd be stunned if most of the proposals aren't implemented. The FALC are going to drive through these proposals and the only issue is how they find those extra 12 clubs. Are they casting there eyes over the NL?

You bet they are, A good few Northern League Clubs would be an Asset to the Evo Stick North League :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:25 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
sandancercraig wrote:

I'd assume that if they were to 'cherry pick' so to say, they'll probably go based off attendances, or that would be the logical thing to do at least, to find those extra 12 clubs.

I think in the Northern League the issue with promotion has always been travel, for various reasons. Some clubs, argue not to be able to afford it, while others argue that the players won't travel. In terms of the first issue, the amount of overspent money in the FA across the whole pyramid needs to be looked at. A simple grant for each club towards travel costs, say below Level 4, or perhaps based on attendances would alleviate the travel costs, not completely but subsidise them. The second issue I don't think some clubs or players will ever get round.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:53 pm 

OhMightyOne wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
sandancercraig wrote:

I'd assume that if they were to 'cherry pick' so to say, they'll probably go based off attendances, or that would be the logical thing to do at least, to find those extra 12 clubs.

I think in the Northern League the issue with promotion has always been travel, for various reasons. Some clubs, argue not to be able to afford it, while others argue that the players won't travel. In terms of the first issue, the amount of overspent money in the FA across the whole pyramid needs to be looked at. A simple grant for each club towards travel costs, say below Level 4, or perhaps based on attendances would alleviate the travel costs, not completely but subsidise them. The second issue I don't think some clubs or players will ever get round.

Some good points, but the not affording travel can not be used when spending large sums on players wages.

The second point would be alleviated with promotion, as players wouldn't always be able to just stay in this division.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:36 pm 

You could easily promote four at once, maybe more.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:30 pm 

The point that's been made about the extra travelling costs involved at step 4. The simple answer to this issue, is the more NL teams that are promoted the more the costs come down. The FA could promote 13 NL teams in one go. One of the 14 clubs will be a NL club & the extra 12. They obviously aren't going to do this, but 6-8 teams(in total) wouldn't surprise me.
But it also wouldn't surprise me to see the FA bottle it & they only promote a maximum of 2 NL teams.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:03 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
The point that's been made about the extra travelling costs involved at step 4. The simple answer to this issue, is the more NL teams that are promoted the more the costs come down. The FA could promote 13 NL teams in one go. One of the 14 clubs will be a NL club & the extra 12. They obviously aren't going to do this, but 6-8 teams(in total) wouldn't surprise me.
But it also wouldn't surprise me to see the FA bottle it & they only promote a maximum of 2 NL teams.

Out of interest which club do you support

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:11 am 

trevor56 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Out of interest which club do you support

None really, but I've got a contact at Blyth Town & have been following there progression for the past few seasons. I know the owner wants them to progress beyond the NL. So good luck to them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 pm 

Just a quick update, the FALC have stated that the new leagues at step 3/4 will be in the Midlands(no surprise there). They contacted every league from step 1-6 & asked them if they'd be interested in running the two new divisions. I've heard that the NPL are seriously considering it(most of the teams that'll be laterally moved into the two new divisions are currently in the NPL, although there will be quite a few from the SLP & maybe the odd Isthmian league team).

Last edited by Windy1970 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm 

goose wrote:
You could easily promote four at once, maybe more.

Your quite right with that one. Top 4 were promoted from the 2nd division at the end of the 1984/85 season when the divisions were extended.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:22 pm 

No bother, hope it happens again, good luck to all interested in making the step up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next