It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:13 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:17 pm 

Maybe the step 6 changes at North West Counties is an experiment towards a step 5 split along the same lines. I feel a dedicated Yorkshire League might help in the same way.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:58 pm 

goose wrote:
Maybe the step 6 changes at North West Counties is an experiment towards a step 5 split along the same lines. I feel a dedicated Yorkshire League might help in the same way.

I wonder if the F.A. will go down the same route as rugby union & create 16 leagues in specific regions around the country. This’ll upset some people that want to keep some kind of tradition. I think the NL would be pretty safe & more or less have the same footprint as now. I also like the German idea of fixed boundaries works. They demote & promote extra clubs from regions & there’s no lateral transfers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:11 pm 

Location: Westerhope...formerly Bedlington - Home to the most successful team in Wansbeck
https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... th-the-fa/

Specifically:

Quote:
The Northern Premier League section of the map we’ve released will be split into two. The league will meet with their clubs to decide if they go with a north/south split or west/east.

Technically the Leagues Committee has the final say, but I think the views of those affected will be appreciated when making a decision about their competition.

There’s been lots of discussion about getting more teams from the Northern League, for example, and the feedback from when we went to meet them in December is it would make life easier for them with an east/west split.

Dave Anderson
http://www.bedlingtonterriersfc.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:46 pm 

Terrierdave wrote:
https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com/features/22062/football-matters-step-3-and-4-restructure-qa-with-the-fa/

Specifically:

Quote:
The Northern Premier League section of the map we’ve released will be split into two. The league will meet with their clubs to decide if they go with a north/south split or west/east.

Technically the Leagues Committee has the final say, but I think the views of those affected will be appreciated when making a decision about their competition.

There’s been lots of discussion about getting more teams from the Northern League, for example, and the feedback from when we went to meet them in December is it would make life easier for them with an east/west split.

It’s a pity that Matt Edkins hasn’t elaborated or even give his opinion on what the F.A. thinks! In regards to promoting extra clubs from the NL.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:37 am 

I used to support an en masse promotion but now it just seems unfair on those that have participated in the pyramid properly all the way through. I think compulsory promotion allied to an extra step 4 with more promotion across the country will help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 3:51 pm 

goose wrote:
I used to support an en masse promotion but now it just seems unfair on those that have participated in the pyramid properly all the way through. I think compulsory promotion allied to an extra step 4 with more promotion across the country will help.

The other step 5 leagues have already benefited or not(depending on your point of view)with extra promotion at the previous restructures. The only league that hasn’t ever promoted extra clubs is the EBAC NL. The only time I can think that this wasn’t the case, is when Durham City & Newcastle BS were promoted. Even then the F.A. offered up extra promotions & no other clubs were interested. To rebalance the pyramid & specifically step 4, the F.A. must create an extra step 4 league in the northeast+Yorkshire. The Notts, Lincs, Derbys & Leics clubs must be placed in a totally separate league. TBH a new Northeast+Yorkshire step 4 league doesn’t need creating! What needs creating is a Midlands League, which is north of the SLP south midlands league & south of the M180-Sheffield-Manchester-Liverpool. This would automatically mean that the NPL1E southern boundary would move northwards.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:25 pm 

It's all well and good promoting teams from the NL, but what about teams below? Not many will be up to NL standards.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:40 pm 

Noeldinho wrote:
It's all well and good promoting teams from the NL, but what about teams below? Not many will be up to NL standards.

Facilities wise or ability wise?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:19 pm 

They didn't bother when they had the chance. The only fair way is to promote equally across the country. The extra step 4 will help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:05 pm 

Noeldinho wrote:

It depends what happens with the Cumbrian teams at step 5/6. I suppose they could all be placed into the NWCL1N next season. But moved across to the EBAC NL in the future.
I know 3 clubs with the correct facilities in the Northern Alliance.
Two teams with ambitions in the North Riding league.
I’m sure there’s quite a few in the Wearside league(maybe someone can say which clubs have the facilities or are close to having them & also have ambitions)?
So I think the F.A. could promote the top 10 NL1 teams & then cherry pick enough teams to replace them!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:10 pm 

goose wrote:
They didn't bother when they had the chance. The only fair way is to promote equally across the country. The extra step 4 will help.

The issue is that the previous restructures weren’t fair & benefitted certain areas & leagues. The only one that hasn’t given a fair share is the NL!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:15 pm 

The evo stick ckubs have voted .. its an east west split from next season

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:24 am 

Some other info coming out of that meeting was that the FA have said that from the end of next season promotion from step 5 to 4 will see the step 5 runners up playoff against the lowest side not in an automatic relegation spot at step 4 for the place in the higher league. The playoff would be one leg at the Step 4's home ground.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:24 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Noeldinho wrote:

It depends what happens with the Cumbrian teams at step 5/6. I suppose they could all be placed into the NWCL1N next season. But moved across to the EBAC NL in the future.
I’m sure there’s quite a few in the Wearside league(maybe someone can say which clubs have the facilities or are close to having them & also have ambitions)?
So I think the F.A. could promote the top 10 NL1 teams & then cherry pick enough teams to replace them!

You say there are 3 teams in the Northern Alliance, I know that we at Birtley are 1 with the Uni now going down the shared tenure route that makes 2 , I surmise you are on about Whitley Bay A as the 3rd as i cant think of another. Would Whitley Bay A be allowed to compete in the Northern League with the parent club being in the 1st division. I thought there had to be 2 Divisions between them, other than Whitley Bay being promoted up from the NL i cant see how they could go up. Gateshead A would be another if they were allowed to use the stadium which up to now has only happened on very rare occasions. They currently use a very worn 3g facility at the stadium and a local schools pitch.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:47 am 

bigcbeat wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Noeldinho wrote:

You say there are 3 teams in the Northern Alliance, I know that we at Birtley are 1 with the Uni now going down the shared tenure route that makes 2 , I surmise you are on about Whitley Bay A as the 3rd as i cant think of another. Would Whitley Bay A be allowed to compete in the Northern League with the parent club being in the 1st division. I thought there had to be 2 Divisions between them, other than Whitley Bay being promoted up from the NL i cant see how they could go up. Gateshead A would be another if they were allowed to use the stadium which up to now has only happened on very rare occasions. They currently use a very worn 3g facility at the stadium and a local schools pitch.

I was referring to Blyth FC. Obviously the F.A. allows reserve sides up to step 6. As long as there’s a two steps gap between them & the first team. You may say that Blyth are at nominal step 9 & miles off step 6 quality. But the F.A. are offering up promotion to teams as low as this level, for the new step 6 league in East Anglia/Essex. As long as they have the correct ground grading! But I’m sure the F.A. would cherry pick the best 8 or 10 clubs in the region. This would include laterally transferring teams from the NCEL & NWCL. So the idea that the Wearside league would be weakened is an exaggeration.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 59  Next