It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 57  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:58 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:
I still don't believe that Morpeth will be promoted.

Why not?

There will always be a way of getting out of it.

What consequences have been put in place for teams who don't accept promotion from the NL this season?

Easy....... Kicked out of the FA Vase and the FA Cup for a start.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:11 pm 

Can anyone answer this question, I am hearing a lot of rumors and permutations.
Northern League

Division 1
2 compulsory promotions
3 Relegated
Leaving 17 plus the 3 promoted from Division 2 : 20
Division 2
3 Promoted
3 Relegated
Leaving 15 in Division 2
Will that mean that 5 will be promoted from the 3 feeder leagues Wearside, Northern Alliance, and North Riding. to make it 20 very confusing :? :? :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:14 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:
I still don't believe that Morpeth will be promoted.

Why not?

There will always be a way of getting out of it.

What consequences have been put in place for teams who don't accept promotion from the NL this season?

The club will be promoted to step 4 & be placed into the NPL1(either north or east). If the club resigns straight away, they’ll probably be placed in the most relevant league that has a space. Because the F.A.L.C. will have released the steps 5/6 constitutions. Then my opinion is they’d be placed into the Northern Alliance. With a massive fine for resigning from the league & possibly debarred from entering F.A. competitions for next season. They definitely won’t be able to resign & remain a member of the EBAC NL! The F.A.L.C. controls the allocations from steps 1-6 & controls where relegated/demoted teams are placed at step 7! Do you honestly think the F.A. will shug there shoulders & allow Morpeth to do what they want?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:22 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Northern League

Division 1
2 compulsory promotions
3 Relegated
Division 2
3 Promoted
3 Relegated
Leaving 15 in Division 2
Will that mean that 5 will be promoted from the 3 feeder leagues Wearside, Northern Alliance, and North Riding. to make it 20 very confusing :? :? :?

The F.A. will only relegate teams from step 6, if after all the promotion/relegation issues have been sorted & they have more than 20 clubs in the NL2.
After 3 teams have been promoted from the NL2 & replaced by either 2 or 3 from the NL1(Penrith might be laterally moved if relegated). This’ll leave either 20 or 21 clubs in the NL2. I think the F.A. are going to be strict with the ground grading from step 7. So anywhere between 1 & 4 clubs could be relegated from the NL2. I personally think it’ll be 2 or 3.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:44 pm 

What consequences have been put in place for teams who don't accept promotion from the NL this season?[/quote]

The club will be promoted to step 4 & be placed into the NPL1(either north or east). If the club resigns straight away, they’ll probably be placed in the most relevant league that has a space. Because the F.A.L.C. will have released the steps 5/6 constitutions. Then my opinion is they’d be placed into the Northern Alliance. With a massive fine for resigning from the league & possibly debarred from entering F.A. competitions for next season. They definitely won’t be able to resign & remain a member of the EBAC NL! The F.A.L.C. controls the allocations from steps 1-6 & controls where relegated/demoted teams are placed at step 7! Do you honestly think the F.A. will shug there shoulders & allow Morpeth to do what they want?[/quote]

We will see I suppose

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:28 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Northern League

Division 1
2 compulsory promotions
3 Relegated
Division 2
3 Promoted
3 Relegated
Leaving 15 in Division 2

The F.A. will only relegate teams from step 6, if after all the promotion/relegation issues have been sorted & they have more than 20 clubs in the NL2.
After 3 teams have been promoted from the NL2 & replaced by either 2 or 3 from the NL1(Penrith might be laterally moved if relegated). This’ll leave either 20 or 21 clubs in the NL2. I think the F.A. are going to be strict with the ground grading from step 7. So anywhere between 1 & 4 clubs could be relegated from the NL2. I personally think it’ll be 2 or 3.

So in reality 4 could go up from feeder leagues

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:27 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:

The club will be promoted to step 4 & be placed into the NPL1(either north or east). If the club resigns straight away, they’ll probably be placed in the most relevant league that has a space. Because the F.A.L.C. will have released the steps 5/6 constitutions. Then my opinion is they’d be placed into the Northern Alliance. With a massive fine for resigning from the league & possibly debarred from entering F.A. competitions for next season. They definitely won’t be able to resign & remain a member of the EBAC NL! The F.A.L.C. controls the allocations from steps 1-6 & controls where relegated/demoted teams are placed at step 7! Do you honestly think the F.A. will shug there shoulders & allow Morpeth to do what they want?[/quote]

We will see I suppose[/quote]
There's no I suppose about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:28 pm 

bigcbeat wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
bigcbeat wrote:
Northern League

Division 1
2 compulsory promotions
3 Relegated
Division 2
3 Promoted
3 Relegated
Leaving 15 in Division 2

So in reality 4 could go up from feeder leagues

No, only 3 teams. If Penrith aren’t relegated, then NL2 will have 21 clubs. That opens up the chance for 3 clubs to be promoted each of the three feeder leagues.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:53 pm 

Seeing as though Bishops season has been pretty dire I'm actually looking forward to seeing 2 northern league clubs being dragged kicking and screaming to the Evo Stik, a bit of light entertainment to look forward too :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:37 pm 

Mike M wrote:
Seeing as though Bishops season has been pretty dire I'm actually looking forwtrue decoto seeing 2 northern league clubs being dragged kicking and screaming to the Evo Stik, a bit of light entertainment to look forward too :D

Marske United have neither kicked nor screamed about automatic promotion.They have acted with true decorum.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:47 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Mike M wrote:
Seeing as though Bishops season has been pretty dire I'm actually looking forwtrue decoto seeing 2 northern league clubs being dragged kicking and screaming to the Evo Stik, a bit of light entertainment to look forward too :D

Marske United have neither kicked nor screamed about automatic promotion.They have acted with true decorum.

Fair point . However I suspect they will need to spend handsomely on their ground to stay up (if they get there )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:56 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Mike M wrote:

They won the NL a couple of years ago and didn't go up.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:58 pm 

Wack wrote:
the little fella wrote:
Mike M wrote:

Fair point . However I suspect they will need to spend handsomely on their ground to stay up (if they get there )

Apart from the obvious candidate, which other clubs in the NL would happy for the league to pull out of the pyramid? With the benefit of no promotion & no F.A. influence. But not being able to play in the F.A. Cup or Vase!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:55 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
goose wrote:
With Marske and Morpeth, West/East may be possible, but it'll be more effective when there are more eastern sides and the 8th step 4 happens- the sooner the better.

If the season finished today & all 3rd placed step 4 league teams win the playoffs. Plus all the step 5 leagues finish exactly as they’re now. These are the clubs that’ll be in an NPL1E:
Holbeach Utd
Spalding Utd
Deeping Rangers
Stamford
Loughborough Dynamos
Gresley
Carlton Town
Belper Town
AFC Mansfield
Lincoln Utd
Sheffield
Stocksbridge PS
Cleethorpes Town
Frickley Athletic
Ossett Utd*possible new name
Brighouse Town
Pontefract Collieries
Tadcaster Albion
Marske Utd
Morpeth Town

Looks quite nasty.and people complained about going to Manchester/Liverpool !

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:23 pm 

Is their automatic promotion from step 7. If not the NL could propose for a late restructure as a step 7 league, the NCEL forms a new step 6 division and those teams wanting to be part of the pyramid transfer across, those that stay behind can choose to apply as there want when they like. After all nobody at Penrith seems to be complaining about a transfer to the NCEL.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 845 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 57  Next