It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:48 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:52 am 

goose wrote:
Very interesting point, I think they'd struggle to justify it to the rest of the country, but the First Division South of the Evo-Stik is effectively a Midlands division.

Wasn't the biggest gripe at the last major restructuring the lack of NL that accepted multiple promotions offered to them. Wasn't it just Newcastle BS & Durham City that went up. With the NWCL & NCEL having to promote extra teams. The NPL is full of ex-NWCL teams & it's only this season that the NWCL has finally been able to fill there Div1. Which has been short of clubs for years.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:23 pm 

You're preaching to the choir here. The Northern League has been clogged up with strong teams who spend big but have no interest in going up for way way too long. I'd love your suggestion to come to fruition but I'm not sure it will.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:32 pm 

goose wrote:
You're preaching to the choir here. The Northern League has been clogged up with strong teams who spend big but have no interest in going up for way way too long. I'd love your suggestion to come to fruition but I'm not sure it will.

Everyone has jumped to the conclusion that the FA's proposal is a Midlands/Central league at step 3 & 4. Why didn't the FA just call them that? Instead they've called it 'unnamed' & they don't even say if these two new leagues are connected.
Everyone assumed that Mike Amos was spouting scare stories and being ultra protective of the NL. He might have been stating the truth.
Why did Shildon in December outline when they're going to accept promotion in the future. Pointing out the 'Super NL' being part of it! Maybe they've been told that what's going to happen & the only thing they aren't aware of is the FA are going to promote them anyway. Whether they like it or not!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:41 pm 

I never saw that. I think it will be a Midlands Premier and that, in turn, pushes the NPL boundary north (finally). Step 4 could be interesting.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:51 pm 

In today's NonleaguePaper they have an article about the proposed restructuring. But the article adds that there will be 2 new step 6 leagues. One covering Essex and another one in the North-West(I assume this means the NWCL1 will be regionalised).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:18 pm 

Good news for the Cumbrians, I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:28 pm 

goose wrote:
Good news for the Cumbrians, I guess.

If the FA wants to fill this new league, then I suppose ex-NL club Whitehaven might be included. As for current NL clubs, it opens up the possibility of Penrith being moved over a some point.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 pm 

I understand that step 7 leagues have asked the FALC to allow 18 clubs per league & it sounds like the FALC have agreed. But like everything else it's just a proposal. Also forced promotion is part of the proposals & the FALC wants this to happen. How this will be introduced is up to debate. Will the league champions from each step 5 league be promoted, even if they haven't got the ground grading & just be demoted 12 months later if the still haven't passed the grading? Or will the highest placed team, who achieve a top 3 position & have the correct ground grading be promoted? Obviously everything is at the proposal stages. I remember an article in the Nonleague Paper, from about 15 months ago. Where the Morpeth Town chairman was interviewed & he said that the FA needed to restructure the pyramid before his & other NL clubs would take promotion. Then 6 months later the FA held a meeting with the NL clubs & informed them that there wishes are being seriously looked at. At that meeting forced promotion was initially raised & Mike Amos wrote in his blog about it. So the way I see it, is the FA are giving the top NL teams what they asked for & then not giving them an out whereby they just refuse to apply for promotion every season. Then obviously this would turn the restructuring into a total waste of time in the FA's opinion. I suppose if any clubs refuses promotion, then if I was at the FA I'd impose a 2-3 year ban on that club entering the FA Vase.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:35 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
Then obviously this would turn the restructuring into a total waste of time in the FA's opinion. I suppose if any clubs refuses promotion, then if I was at the FA I'd impose a 2-3 year ban on that club entering the FA Vase.

Exactly, certain teams only use this level for a easy route to get to wembley, also teams with an inadequate electrical supply, i.e. using a generator, should not get a replay if the electric fails.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:36 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
I understand that step 7 leagues have asked the FALC to allow 18 clubs per league & it sounds like the FALC have agreed. But like everything else it's just a proposal. Also forced promotion is part of the proposals & the FALC wants this to happen. How this will be introduced is up to debate. Will the league champions from each step 5 league be promoted, even if they haven't got the ground grading & just be demoted 12 months later if the still haven't passed the grading? Or will the highest placed team, who achieve a top 3 position & have the correct ground grading be promoted? Obviously everything is at the proposal stages. I remember an article in the Nonleague Paper, from about 15 months ago. Where the Morpeth Town chairman was interviewed & he said that the FA needed to restructure the pyramid before his & other NL clubs would take promotion. Then 6 months later the FA held a meeting with the NL clubs & informed them that there wishes are being seriously looked at. At that meeting forced promotion was initially raised & Mike Amos wrote in his blog about it. So the way I see it, is the FA are giving the top NL teams what they asked for & then not giving them an out whereby they just refuse to apply for promotion every season. Then obviously this would turn the restructuring into a total waste of time in the FA's opinion. I suppose if any clubs refuses promotion, then if I was at the FA I'd impose a 2-3 year ban on that club entering the FA Vase.

The FA should make this simple, the Champions are promoted come what may. If they do not have the correct ground grading they get demoted at the end of the following season. However I bet there are supporters that would love even 1 season in a new league. I often wonder if the reason Clubs decisions not to apply for promotion is down to a few individuals within the Clubs that could go up. After all, force a Club and they might just enjoy life outside the Northern League.

And like I've always said, if you don't want promotion, don't win the league, its simple.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:46 am 

Wack wrote:

The FA should make this simple, the Champions are promoted come what may. If they do not have the correct ground grading they get demoted at the end of the following season. However I bet there are supporters that would love even 1 season in a new league. I often wonder if the reason Clubs decisions not to apply for promotion is down to a few individuals within the Clubs that could go up. After all, force a Club and they might just enjoy life outside the Northern League.

And like I've always said, if you don't want promotion, don't win the league, its simple.

Exactly, they could even enjoy it playing new teams, and then spur them on to bring ground up to standard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:08 am 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Well Said,

Most supporters it's about Motivation, Getting that Buzz for the next game, Excitment at looking at the league fixtures when the fixture lists come out late June, Take Shildon FC for example, great that they won the league last season, "IF" They just happen to win the league again this season where do they go from there, Other than the dream of lifting the FA Vase?, after a while it could become very routine, same old, same old, Just look at Celtic, there supporters must be bored Stiff of the Scottish League, what they would do to play in the English League (Hope this Never happens by the way :D ), Said it before and I'll say it again, Changes are coming, wether we like it or Not, it would not be any suprise to me if in about 5-7 years from Now the likes of Consett, Morpeth, Stockton, North Shields, Marske will join South Shields & Bishop Auckland, could be forced, but I do hope it's at there time of choosing, Morpeth to me have everything in place for the next step up, just add another 150-200 on their home gates they well be good to go, Future Home Attendances are going to be very very important to everyone, Personally I feel with the distance we live compared to the rest of the clubs in Yorkshire, Lancashire etc, most of our clubs need to pulling in around the 400 mark during our home games, However saying that the more North East teams involved less travel and good local derbies all round.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:11 am 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:

Let's be honest, that's what will happen. Teams will offload there best players 3/4's of the way through the season. If there's any danger they could be promoted & it's not exactly what they want. Especially if that clubs run in the FA Vase has come to an end. But I think that if the FA promote, say 8 NL clubs at one go. When they restructure next year & the 'new' NPL1 league covers just Yorkshire, Teeside, Wearside, Durham & Northumbria/land. Then it's not going to be as bad as those clubs thought & clubs won't be going to the wall.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:49 am 

I was wondering if there are any EBAC NL officials that frequent this forum & are reading this thread? It would be interesting to know what they think about the FALC proposal & what they think will happen? It would also be interesting to know if there are any committee members from the top 10 or so NL1 clubs & what there positions are on the FALC proposal?(especially forced promotion & the possibility of multiple promotions).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:20 am 

I agree that an en masse promotion is the best option, but is it fair to clubs from other leagues?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next