It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:04 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 58  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:00 am 

Lovenonleague wrote:
I might be wrong here, but I would imagine that most clubs would prefer an East/West set up, Okay might look like longer trips further down South but the M1 motorways is much easier and quicker than having to travel across the Pennines etc, Just my thought.

Sorry mean't to say North/South.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:07 am 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:
I might be wrong here, but I would imagine that most clubs would prefer an East/West set up, Okay might look like longer trips further down South but the M1 motorways is much easier and quicker than having to travel across the Pennines etc, Just my thought.

I am guessing a North/South split will be harder to be effective, largely due to the North East deciding to ignore the pyramid and taking promotion.

I suspect it will be East/West in the end

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:45 am 

Wack wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:
Lovenonleague wrote:

I am guessing a North/South split will be harder to be effective, largely due to the North East deciding to ignore the pyramid and taking promotion.

I suspect it will be East/West in the end

With an 8th step 4 league happening on the horizon(probably after the 2 years trial has finished)! I’d say the F.A.’s preference would be for an East/West split. The A1-M1 corridor is the easiest transport route for the northeast & also the main rail network runs parallel with the A1.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:29 pm 

With Marske and Morpeth, West/East may be possible, but it'll be more effective when there are more eastern sides and the 8th step 4 happens- the sooner the better.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:52 pm 

goose wrote:
With Marske and Morpeth, West/East may be possible, but it'll be more effective when there are more eastern sides and the 8th step 4 happens- the sooner the better.

If the season finished today & all 3rd placed step 4 league teams win the playoffs. Plus all the step 5 leagues finish exactly as they’re now. These are the clubs that’ll be in an NPL1E:
Holbeach Utd
Spalding Utd
Deeping Rangers
Stamford
Loughborough Dynamos
Gresley
Carlton Town
Belper Town
AFC Mansfield
Lincoln Utd
Sheffield
Stocksbridge PS
Cleethorpes Town
Frickley Athletic
Ossett Utd*possible new name
Brighouse Town
Pontefract Collieries
Tadcaster Albion
Marske Utd
Morpeth Town

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:31 pm 

I like the order in which you put the list. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:46 pm 

I seriously doubt whether it is going to be possible for Marske to be promoted and, if they fall out of the frame, as it stands the team finishing second is likely to be outside the top 12 second placed teams so it could mean the NL will only promote one club.

My reasoning is that after 7 months of the season , Marske have played 22 league games and have 20 to play in the last 2 months plus two of the remaining Saturdays are taken with the Vase semi finals and understandably they will want to keep the 2 preceding mid weeks free.

The FA is extremely unlikely to extend the season as they have all the restructuring to sort out and no doubt a flurry of appeals to deal with.

So how the hell are Marske going to fit all those games in? They may well fail to complete their season by the cut off date and I suppose the other alternative is playing 3 or 4 games per week with a team of back up players which would probably lead to a string of defeats.

I cannot see Marske being able to finish in a top two position now which will mean the side finishing second will have a much lower points per game ratio and will not achieve promotion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:01 pm 

aidan's father wrote:
I like the order in which you put the list. :lol:

I could’ve put them in alphabetical order, but I went from the most southerly club & worked my way northwards. At least you can see how many are from the different regions.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:03 pm 

mjrbrowns wrote:
I seriously doubt whether it is going to be possible for Marske to be promoted and, if they fall out of the frame, as it stands the team finishing second is likely to be outside the top 12 second placed teams so it could mean the NL will only promote one club.

My reasoning is that after 7 months of the season , Marske have played 22 league games and have 20 to play in the last 2 months plus two of the remaining Saturdays are taken with the Vase semi finals and understandably they will want to keep the 2 preceding mid weeks free.

The FA is extremely unlikely to extend the season as they have all the restructuring to sort out and no doubt a flurry of appeals to deal with.

So how the hell are Marske going to fit all those games in? They may well fail to complete their season by the cut off date and I suppose the other alternative is playing 3 or 4 games per week with a team of back up players which would probably lead to a string of defeats.

I cannot see Marske being able to finish in a top two position now which will mean the side finishing second will have a much lower points per game ratio and will not achieve promotion.

The likelihood is that all 14 2nd placed step 5 teams will be promoted now!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:33 pm 

Not a particularly attractive prospect is it, the 8th feeder might eliminate the Lincolnshire sides and replace them with a few more North East representatives, but I'd expect North/South again next season, if not for 19/20.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:35 pm 

I still don't believe that Morpeth will be promoted.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:43 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:

Why not?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:52 pm 

Some long journeys on that list

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:17 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

Why not?

There will always be a way of getting out of it.

What consequences have been put in place for teams who don't accept promotion from the NL this season?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:52 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

Why not?

There will always be a way of getting out of it.

What consequences have been put in place for teams who don't accept promotion from the NL this season?

I guess the FA will produce the fixture with the promoted teams in the next league. If they fail to play the said fixtures then I assume the Club will be suspending its self.

Its a real shame any Club wants to think like this.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 58  Next