It is currently Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:27 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:27 am 

The possibility of lateral movement into the NL is that the NCEL and NWCL could be over subscribed particularly as those leagues will have to take all the relegated Evostick teams ( none would fit into the NL footprint). At present the NCEL has 44 clubs in 2 divisions and the NWCL has 45 in 2 divisions. and they both have to get down to 20 per division, probably easier for NWCL as they intend to run a new division.

Thus if there was a lack of suitable teams from step 7 to come into the NL, it may not be the case that those at the bottom of NL 2 will be reprieved, more likely they would still be relegated and lateral movement into the NL. Pickering may be less likely as they have a chance of promotion to step 4 this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:45 am 

What are Morpeth planning on doing about the possibility of promotion, all I hear is the chairman saying it will kill them etc. but are the going to refuse promotion and can they do that?

If they are not going to refuse or can't then for me they need to try and look at the positives. In 5 years time they could be a number of NE teams at Step 1,2,3 and 4 now that sounds great to me and should have been the case anyhow.

I know the above doesn't take into account the challenges of moving out of the NL comfort zone but progressive teams would be great for the NE non league scene, the players are good enough to challenge at the next level and have been for years hence the constant Vase wins for the NE so be good to see them have a number of opportunities to progress at steps 1,2,3,4 rather than mainly just at step 5 playing below their level.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:00 pm 

ressly pest wrote:
If the NL can let Whitehaven into the league then the likes of Harrogate and Pickering shouldn't be an issue. It's never taken me 3 hours to get to either but it did to Whitehaven and that was from Gateshead so it can be done.

As much as I agree with automatic promotion and this top two sounds fine aswell, but I still don't believe they should promote on mass it has to be earned imho

There were on mass promotions for all the other step 5 leagues at the previous restructurings. That’s why ex-NWCL sides are spread across steps 1-4 & hardly any NL sides. 8 NL clubs would have been a reasonable start & actually made it sustainable for all those northeastern clubs to play at the higher level.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:03 pm 

super_les wrote:
What are Morpeth planning on doing about the possibility of promotion, all I hear is the chairman saying it will kill them etc. but are the going to refuse promotion and can they do that?

If they are not going to refuse or can't then for me they need to try and look at the positives. In 5 years time they could be a number of NE teams at Step 1,2,3 and 4 now that sounds great to me and should have been the case anyhow.

I know the above doesn't take into account the challenges of moving out of the NL comfort zone but progressive teams would be great for the NE non league scene, the players are good enough to challenge at the next level and have been for years hence the constant Vase wins for the NE so be good to see them have a number of opportunities to progress at steps 1,2,3,4 rather than mainly just at step 5 playing below their level.

I think Morpeth will be keeping there powder dry on there intentions. I’m sure they’ll have a legal team looking over the F.A.’s rules & regs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:07 pm 

footie fan wrote:
KANYEKICWIBOTHFEET wrote:
Wack wrote:
So Mr Beattie confirms it will cost 45k to take promotion (which is rubbish ) now I throw down the gauntlet for confirmation as to what they spend on players a season , although I won’t hold my breath .

If they don’t want promotion then spend money on the ground , not creating the best team in the league

£45k won’t be far away if you consider recompense for lost work, travel, step ground improvements etc

David , is that Aussie sun getting to your head ? What is Ken going to do charter a plane to every away match ? The cost will be a quarter of that at most :roll:

He talks of reimbursing players wages

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:08 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
super_les wrote:

I think Morpeth will be keeping there powder dry on there intentions. I’m sure they’ll have a legal team looking over the F.A.’s rules & regs.

Waste of time even if they won the battle, they would ultimately lose the war.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:12 pm 

Think this was were Mike Amos & Co wanted to protect the Northern Leagues interests, The idea of losing so many clubs in one go would have been hard to take, Plus those clubs would probably would have been the NL biggest clubs, Gradual movements would be the best way for the NL, Lets not forget history here, We are talking about the second oldest league in the World, I’m totally all for promotions, However as I said yesterday the NL is likely going to become a smaller league in ten years, Most likely seeing only one division than the two divisions we currently have, Just an opinion mind.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:39 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
Think this was were Mike Amos & Co wanted to protect the Northern Leagues interests, The idea of losing so many clubs in one go would have been hard to take, Plus those clubs would probably would have been the NL biggest clubs, Gradual movements would be the best way for the NL, Lets not forget history here, We are talking about the second oldest league in the World, I’m totally all for promotions, However as I said yesterday the NL is likely going to become a smaller league in ten years, Most likely seeing only one division than the two divisions we currently have, Just an opinion mind.

The F.A. allows reserve teams to play at step 6. As long as there is a 2 step gap between them & the first team. The F.A. won’t allow the NL to lose a division. I know the NL doesn’t allow reserves into its leagues, but the F.A.’s rules always trump local league rules. There are plenty of teams at step 7 in the area. To allow 8 teams to be promoted, especially with the reduced league sizes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:31 pm 

Windy1970 wrote:
super_les wrote:

The last thing Morpeth will want and They already know this is that they won’t want to be playing in the Nl if the majority of big clubs have departed to the new Northern Premier League, Simply there gates will dwindle, Like all clubs they look forward to big homes games, Especially when the likes of Consett, Bishops, North Shields & Whitley Bay are in town, Nothing against some other NL clubs they don’t carry the away support as the clubs I’ve just mentioned, We’ve already seen to a certain extent how much South Shields support is missing, Like them our hate them they did bring much needed revenue to clubs, even if it was just a one-off home game, So simply Morpeth and most of the other so called powerhouses of the NL will at some stage follow the flow of revenues, How Amazing would it be for the likes of Morpeth playing against Blyth, South Shields, Spennymoor etc on a weekly bases plus against the likes of Scarborough, Hyde, Now that should fill up there clubhouse and attendances.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:54 pm 

So on that thought who are the main ones looking likely to get promoted this year, looks like Morpeth and Marske barring a crazy downturn in form of these two?

NE Non league Step 1-4 next year could include

Hartlepool
Gateshead
Spennymoor Town
Blyth Spartans
Darlington
Whitby Town
South Shields
Morpeth
Markse

You also have

Harrogate Town
York City
Scarborough

Add a few other teams over the next five/six years after that

Shildon
Consett
North Shields
West Auckland
Whitley Bay
Bishop Auckland

Now that would be a vibrant NE Non league scene, rather than just getting to the Vase every year and staying in the NL.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:12 pm 

super_les wrote:
So on that thought who are the main ones looking likely to get promoted this year, looks like Morpeth and Marske barring a crazy downturn in form of these two?

NE Non league Step 1-4 next year could include

Hartlepool
Gateshead
Spennymoor Town
Blyth Spartans
Darlington
Whitby Town
South Shields
Morpeth
Markse

You also have

Harrogate Town
York City

Add a few other teams over the next five/six years after that

Shildon
Consett
North Shields
West Auckland
Whitley Bay
Bishop Auckland

Now that would be a vibrant NE Non league scene, rather than just getting to the Vase every year and staying in the NL.

Totally agree, If that doesn’t wet your appetite then you don’t deserve Promotion, No point being a big fish in a small pond anymore, Plus it’s not a matter of IF, it’s just a case of WHEN the step 4 clubs come into the FA Vase, Step 4 Clubs will never get to the last sixteen of the FA Trophy, Never mind reaching the Final, Especially playing against full time professional clubs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:46 pm 

Whilst all the talk on this subject has been aimed at Morpeth wil they wont they.
Just wondered what the feelings were at Marske , have I missed something on that point.
Are they happy with the prospect of moving up ?
cant see them coming 3rd now.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:03 pm 

bouncer wrote:
Whilst all the talk on this subject has been aimed at Morpeth wil they wont they.
Just wondered what the feelings were at Marske , have I missed something on that point.

Personally I think Marske will be jumping at the bits to get promoted, Especially with the likes of Scarborough & Whitby Being just down the road, Plus not to far off the A19 onto the A1 roads, Slightly further trek for Morpeth if we’re being honest.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:49 pm 

Lovenonleague wrote:
bouncer wrote:

Personally I think Marske will be jumping at the bits to get promoted, Especially with the likes of Scarborough & Whitby Being just down the road, Plus not to far off the A19 onto the A1 roads, Slightly further trek for Morpeth if we’re being honest.

[hr]
Isn’t there ground miles off being step 4 D Grade standard. So if they’re promoted then they’ll definitely have to spend to stay up. Scarborough are in with a serious chance of being promoted this season.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:49 pm 

Interesting
one says defo yes and one says they will have to spend a boatload of money which I guess they havnt got.
So it could be that champs and runners up could be forced to go up , against their wishes . Only to fail grading .
So what happens then , back to Northern League ? or would Marske go to a different league. Indeed would either be let back into Northern League.
Or do they just start again under a different name ??

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next