It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:18 am

All times are UTC

Switch to mobile style

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:09 pm 

the little fella wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
SSOT wrote:
Not a lot being said about the 4/5 2nd div sides who are facing religation because of the bigger (better funded ) 1st divison sides not taking promotion over several seasons for me and my 2 penith win league your promoted and without knowing finances at any club it cant be cheap getting a squad capable of winning the northern league

I'm not sure we'll see 4/5 teams relegated from NL2. If 2 teams are promoted from NL1, then no extra clubs will be relegated from that division. If Penrith are relegated then I believe they'll be moved over to the new NWCL1 North. I believe Cleator Moor Celtic will be promoted come what may because the FA are going to be cherry picking teams for the new NWCL1 North & South & if they finish above Redcar Athletic then they'll be the only team promoted from the Wearside league. So it'll depend on which clubs apply from the North Riding League & the Northern Alliance. Even if they promoted a club from both those leagues, they'd only relegate the bottom 2 NL2 clubs. That would leave 2 divisions of 20 clubs in each.

Exactly a week ago Windy1970 you posted a link to the Hallmark Security League who are to run this new division and they confirm that there is no change to current qualification rules as they are doing now currently from the Wearside League to the Northern League. Therefore I do not see where you get the belief Cleator Moor Celtic will be promoted come what may. From the statement made by the Hallmark Security League, Cleator Moor Celtic need to meet the criteria for Step 6 and when I was there in mid-September they were some distance off meeting it.

I've just received an email from a person at the FA that's dealing with the restructuring. He said that the FA might relax the ground grading for 12-24 months for newbies.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:10 pm 

Somebody mentioned an east/west split for N. P. L.this idea was mooted when blue star played in that league. Somebody did the maths and apparently there was'nt a huge difference in distance between n/s and e/w

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:49 pm 

I do wonder what will happen if Clubs get promoted and don't obtain the required ground grading. There seems little point promoting a Club, then relegating them because they wont comply. There needs to be some kind of sanction

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:39 pm 

I have been of the same opinion for many seasons, and no doubt I will be shot down, but I think it is wrong pushing a side to be promoted.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:40 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
I have been of the same opinion for many seasons, and no doubt I will be shot down, but I think it is wrong pushing a side to be promoted.

Yes but it then clogs up the league and also other teams that actually take promotion are out on a limb. Go up, if it’s not for you, but the young is out/or don’t comply with ground grading and come straight back down.....simples

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:04 pm 

Oink Oink wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

Yes but it then clogs up the league and also other teams that actually take promotion are out on a limb. Go up, if it’s not for you, but the young is out/or don’t comply with ground grading and come straight back down.....simples

If only it was as simple as that then the clubs would have taken the step

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:06 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:

They can resign from the league and start again at step 7, if a Club is desperate not to get promoted . Its idiotic that Clubs clog up the pyramid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:58 pm 

Wack wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

They can resign from the league and start again at step 7, if a Club is desperate not to get promoted . Its idiotic that Clubs clog up the pyramid

So if Northallerton managed to win the league, take promotion, go bust like Blue Star did, what would be your thoughts? That wee should have never took promotion in the first place!

Appreciate that not many people share the same view, hence that's why its a forum eh! :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:27 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Wack wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

So if Northallerton managed to win the league, take promotion, go bust like Blue Star did, what would be your thoughts? That wee should have never took promotion in the first place!

Appreciate that not many people share the same view, hence that's why its a forum eh! :lol: :lol:

[hr]
Surely above step 7 it should be automatic promotion up & down the pyramid.
But promoting only 2 clubs from the northeast could cause financial problems. Why after all these years of non-interest from EBAC NL clubs. Why didn't the FA just promote a reasonable amount of clubs, so they've actually got regular derbies. The FA could also change the rules to allow all step 4 teams to play in the FA Vase.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:44 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Wack wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

We’ve already gone bust in 1994 , lost everything, but the people involved today wouldn’t let that happen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:03 pm 

trevor56 wrote:
Oink Oink wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

If only it was as simple as that then the clubs would have taken the step

It is as simple as that.....there’s nothing complicated about it because if there was, nobody from any league would step up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:05 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Wack wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

Blue star went bust because they moved from their ground and had to pay back the money that was meant to develope it. That and they were paying our fortunes and went to Kingston Park!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:39 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:

Why?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:40 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Wack wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

Why would promotion make them go bust?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:43 pm 

quote="footyfan1"]
Wack wrote:
footyfan1 wrote:

Appreciate that not many people share the same view, hence that's why its a forum eh! :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Blue star went bust because they moved from their ground and had to pay back the money that was meant to develope it. That and they were paying our fortunes and went to Kingston Park![/quote]

Exactly, got nothing to do with them taking promotion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next