It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: The FA's proposed new restructuring
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:31 pm 

FA Trophy money replacing FA Vase money?

Increased chance of FA Cup as start a round later?

More lucrative sponsors who will get wider national exposure replacing 'lost sponsorship?

Trimmed down squad?

Supporters on team coach to away games to offset some of travel costs?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:42 pm 

Sorry if this has been covered but didn't want to go through 10 pages. When a team wins the NL this season, do they HAVE to be promoted?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 pm 

First Round Qualifying (220) £550 £175
Second Round Qualifying (170) £725 £250
First Round Proper (101) £825 £275
Second Round Proper (64) £900 £300
Third Round Proper (32) £1,125 £375
Fourth Round Proper (16) £1,875 £625
Fifth Round Proper (8) £2,250 £750
Sixth Round Proper (4) £4,125 £1,375
Semi-Final (2) £5,500 £1,750
Final (1) £30,000 £20,000

The Buildbase FA Trophy
Season 2017-18
Payments made from The FA's Prize Fund

Preliminary Round winners (64) £3,000
First Round Qualifying winners (72) £3,250
Second Round Qualifying winner (36) £4,000
Third Round Qualifying winners (40) £5,000
First Round Proper winners (32) £6,000
Second Round Proper winners (16) £7,000
Third Round Proper winners (8) £8,000
Fourth Round Proper winners (4) £10,000
Semi-Final winners (2) £20,000
Final runners-up (1) £30,000
Final winners (1) £60,000

dont think the lost vase money argument stands up, win two games in the trophy and you would have to reach the semi of vase to earn similar in prize money

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:05 pm 

Ive yet to hear any argument stand up to scrutiny regarding promotion. I do have some respect where Directors/Committee are honest and confirm they simply want to be home for tea...perhaps traveling to Manchester doesn't appeal, but that's simple, don't get yourselves in a promotion place. Perhaps spend less on players and improve facilities and finish mid-table. Let the Clubs that want to progress win the league.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:12 pm 

footyfan1 wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered but didn't want to go through 10 pages. When a team wins the NL this season, do they HAVE to be promoted?

Yes & the a very good chance that the 2nd placed side will also be promoted. The issue is are the teams getting there heads together & going to legally challenge the FA's compulsory promotion ruling.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:24 pm 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Wack wrote:
Why would Clubs from the North East find it tough to survive ?

Because of the extra travelling costs to play in front of a handful of fans. Clubs struggling to raise sides for away midweek fixtures around the Liverpool/Manchester area. The loss of FA Vase money & the potential loss of sponsors.

You seem incredibly knowledgeable, and I enjoy your posts, but you are a million miles off here. Do you know what some clubs throw around on players on a weekly basis ? The cost of travel is insignificant compare to some of the budgets payable at the top end of Div 1

Problem comes when you need to increase that budget for your players to attract better players/retain current squad and make it worthwhile them travelling to Manchester/Liverpool on a Tuesday/Wednesday night and then fork out for the additional travel and lose the FA Vase money.[/quote]

But that problem has been created by the lack of promotion. For the level across the country the players are getting a disproportionate amount of money, hence the strength of the league and national success in the vase.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:39 pm 

Wack wrote:
Windy1970 wrote:
Wack wrote:
Why would Clubs from the North East find it tough to survive ?

Because of the extra travelling costs to play in front of a handful of fans. Clubs struggling to raise sides for away midweek fixtures around the Liverpool/Manchester area. The loss of FA Vase money & the potential loss of sponsors.

You seem incredibly knowledgeable, and I enjoy your posts, but you are a million miles off here. Do you know what some clubs throw around on players on a weekly basis ? The cost of travel is insignificant compare to some of the budgets payable at the top end of Div 1

I'm not saying I don't agree with promotion from the NL. I just believe the FA have missed an opportunity at this restructuring. The people at the top of the FA, are after a 1-2-4-8-16 pyramid & whenever this happens I believe we'll see the so called 'Super NL'. Which will only include Northeastern & Yorkshire teams. The FA will struggle to achieve this, because 2 extra step 5 leagues will have to be created. How does the FA achieve this & will the step 5 leagues be in favour? I also strongly believe that there should've multiple promotion from the NL. How many years do you think it'll take, before you have a reasonable number of Northeastern clubs in the NPL? At the minute a majority of them are former NWCL teams.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:02 pm 

Not a lot being said about the 4/5 2nd div sides who are facing religation because of the bigger (better funded ) 1st divison sides not taking promotion over several seasons for me and my 2 penith win league your promoted simple and without knowing finances at any club it cant be cheap getting a squad capable of winning the northern league

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:52 pm 

SSOT wrote:
Not a lot being said about the 4/5 2nd div sides who are facing religation because of the bigger (better funded ) 1st divison sides not taking promotion over several seasons for me and my 2 penith win league your promoted simple and without knowing finances at any club it cant be cheap getting a squad capable of winning the northern league

I'm not sure we'll see 4/5 teams relegated from NL2. If 2 teams are promoted from NL1, then no extra clubs will be relegated from that division. If Penrith are relegated then I believe they'll be moved over to the new NWCL1 North. I believe Cleator Moor Celtic will be promoted come what may because the FA are going to be cherry picking teams for the new NWCL1 North & South & if they finish above Redcar Athletic then they'll be the only team promoted from the Wearside league. So it'll depend on which clubs apply from the North Riding League & the Northern Alliance. Even if they promoted a club from both those leagues, they'd only relegate the bottom 2 NL2 clubs. That would leave 2 divisions of 20 clubs in each.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:17 am 

Windy1970 wrote:
SSOT wrote:
Not a lot being said about the 4/5 2nd div sides who are facing religation because of the bigger (better funded ) 1st divison sides not taking promotion over several seasons for me and my 2 penith win league your promoted and without knowing finances at any club it cant be cheap getting a squad capable of winning the northern league

I'm not sure we'll see 4/5 teams relegated from NL2. If 2 teams are promoted from NL1, then no extra clubs will be relegated from that division. If Penrith are relegated then I believe they'll be moved over to the new NWCL1 North. I believe Cleator Moor Celtic will be promoted come what may because the FA are going to be cherry picking teams for the new NWCL1 North & South & if they finish above Redcar Athletic then they'll be the only team promoted from the Wearside league. So it'll depend on which clubs apply from the North Riding League & the Northern Alliance. Even if they promoted a club from both those leagues, they'd only relegate the bottom 2 NL2 clubs. That would leave 2 divisions of 20 clubs in each.

Exactly a week ago Windy1970 you posted a link to the Hallmark Security League who are to run this new division and they confirm that there is no change to current qualification rules as they are doing now currently from the Wearside League to the Northern League. Therefore I do not see where you get the belief Cleator Moor Celtic will be promoted come what may. From the statement made by the Hallmark Security League, Cleator Moor Celtic need to meet the criteria for Step 6 and when I was there in mid-September they were some distance off meeting it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:10 am 

I'm not sure we'll see 4/5 teams relegated from NL2. If 2 teams are promoted from NL1, then no extra clubs will be relegated from that division. If Penrith are relegated then I believe they'll be moved over to the new NWCL1 North. I believe Cleator Moor Celtic will be promoted come what may because the FA are going to be cherry picking teams for the new NWCL1 North & South & if they finish above Redcar Athletic then they'll be the only team promoted from the Wearside league. So it'll depend on which clubs apply from the North Riding League & the Northern Alliance. Even if they promoted a club from both those leagues, they'd only relegate the bottom 2 NL2 clubs. That would leave 2 divisions of 20 clubs in each.[/quote]
Exactly a week ago Windy1970 you posted a link to the Hallmark Security League who are to run this new division and they confirm that there is no change to current qualification rules as they are doing now currently from the Wearside League to the Northern League. Therefore I do not see where you get the belief Cleator Moor Celtic will be promoted come what may. From the statement made by the Hallmark Security League, Cleator Moor Celtic need to meet the criteria for Step 6 and when I was there in mid-September they were some distance off meeting it.[/quote]
The NWCL has had 14 clubs make genuine enquiries about applying for promotion to the new leagues. One of them is Cleator Moor Celtic & they are having a preliminary inspection. They are aware what is required & are getting the builders in to do the ground developments. The FA are supposed to be holding a leagues meeting on the 2nd November. Where the promotion criteria will be outlined. The FA will be promoting more than one team per step 7 league, but only in the areas that are having new step 6 leagues being created. It's almost certain that teams won't require a top 5 position to be considered. There'll also be lateral transfers from other step 6 leagues.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:37 am 

I was wondering about this enforced promotion. If a club is promoted they have so long to bring ground up to standard.. What happens in scenario where planning permission can't be obtained.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:46 am 

trevor56 wrote:
I was wondering about this enforced promotion. If a club is promoted they have so long to bring ground up to standard.. What happens in scenario where planning permission can't be obtained.

The enforced promotion is only being expanded to include step 5 leagues. I'm sure there won't be any difficulties attaining the planning permission.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:40 pm 

Two big issues I have with some of whats been said on this post. The first is, I know of only one club that is allegedly objecting to the new promotion rules. My club are a "big club" based on our finishes since 2015, but the truth is we have no official position on promotion, at least that I'm aware of. So no not all of the big clubs are objecting to it the way is being claimed. Most are probably keeping their counsel very close to their chest for now. So lets wait and see!

The second is the cost argument. The cost of promotion is not in the direct cost of travelling etc, as people have clearly pointed out there are ways to pay for the travel, or at least part of it. And yes some at the top seem to have money based on the quality of their squads (without me knowing any specific budgets).

The real problem is, when you have lads that work all week and some on Saturday morning's, can these lads really afford to lose a day's graft to go and play at Colwyn Bay or the many North West based teams? If they can't who had to compensate them. The clubs that's who. So there is an added personal and financial cost to promotion.

At the FA meeting they sat there and told clubs that they were committed to reducing travelling. If that is the case only splitting the Evo Stik on an East West basis would reduce travelling time, and the impact of the second problem may be negated to a degree at least. I doubt that is going to happen and meanwhile anyone promoted will be practically driving past Sheffield and Stocksbridge to get to Manchester and beyond at least 10 times a season. Such a shame as this felt like a real opportunity to drive forward change, but forcing promoted clubs to go as far as they will have to is a disaster.

One point I would finish on, how is it Blyth have been promoted to the National League North yet are travelling less this season than last. Proof, that it can be done if the will is there. I just question the real will from outside the Northern League for real change.

Shields Official Twitter http://www.twitter.com/NorthShieldsFC
Shields Official Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorthShieldsFC
Shields Photo Site http://www.flickr.com/people/northshields
Shields You Tube http://www.youtube.com/user/NorthShieldsFCTV

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:28 pm 

madworld wrote:
Two big issues I have with some of whats been said on this post. The first is, I know of only one club that is allegedly objecting to the new promotion rules. My club are a "big club" based on our finishes since 2015, but the truth is we have no official position on promotion, at least that I'm aware of. So no not all of the big clubs are objecting to it the way is being claimed. Most are probably keeping their counsel very close to their chest for now. So lets wait and see!

The second is the cost argument. The cost of promotion is not in the direct cost of travelling etc, as people have clearly pointed out there are ways to pay for the travel, or at least part of it. And yes some at the top seem to have money based on the quality of their squads (without me knowing any specific budgets).

The real problem is, when you have lads that work all week and some on Saturday morning's, can these lads really afford to lose a day's graft to go and play at Colwyn Bay or the many North West based teams? If they can't who had to compensate them. The clubs that's who. So there is an added personal and financial cost to promotion.

At the FA meeting they sat there and told clubs that they were committed to reducing travelling. If that is the case only splitting the Evo Stik on an East West basis would reduce travelling time, and the impact of the second problem may be negated to a degree at least. I doubt that is going to happen and meanwhile anyone promoted will be practically driving past Sheffield and Stocksbridge to get to Manchester and beyond at least 10 times a season. Such a shame as this felt like a real opportunity to drive forward change, but forcing promoted clubs to go as far as they will have to is a disaster.

One point I would finish on, how is it Blyth have been promoted to the National League North yet are travelling less this season than last. Proof, that it can be done if the will is there. I just question the real will from outside the Northern League for real change.

I've never said that big clubs are clubbing together to legally challenge compulsory promotion. I said Mike Amos & whoever were on the NEfootballpodcast stated this. So I asked where did they get this information from?
Projection have been done and the most southerly club in the NPL will be Stamford or Mickleover. So an East/West split as it is would be impractical.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next